Whittier, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 19, 2013
Very happy with the site and personnel great location, and great transitional kinder program as well

Orange Grove Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2013
The neighborhood surrounding our school is wonderful! Our school is great! Although, Orange Grove has had mixed reviews; everyone clearly has good intentions. A new school year starts in only 2 weeks. Our school is not defined by the personal opinions of others, it's defined by the children who are educated enough to earn advanced math opportunities in middle school. Amongst other excellent achievements credited by the teachings of dedicated teachers, staffers, parents & of course eager students. This is going to be another exciting year of school.

Orange Grove Elementary School 1

Posted July 26, 2013
No wonder why everyone is going to East Whittier schools, at the open house I noticed there was no parent involvement, no teacher appreciation. Nothing, it was so boring, I just turn my back and went to Mills. We should care more for our neighbor "hood"

Posted June 23, 2013
looking forward for this school to have at least a 7...regardless of the "mix group"

Orange Grove Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
this is the second time that I have attempted to register my daughter, and quite frankly only to be disappointed AGAIN! The secretary is not pleasant AT ALL! She is rude and does not carry herself well. Principal through this experience MIA!! The principal on several occassions did not make any attempt to assist us even at request especially since we had just moved into the neighborhood! No red carpet, but at least a "welcome to the neighborhood rug!" Trying to talk to the principal, you would think I was trying to talk to the President! Scheduled telephone conference only for her to keep the appointment! Absolutely ridiculous! I have never experienced that at all. The secretary should look more presentable, speak and assist more professionally! Front office is messy and not inviting, not a good first impression. I'm sure it has some great teachers, aides, students, staff, etc.... School District needs to RE-EVALUATE and TRAIN principal and secretary to do thier jobs better. Shame on the principal. We are parents that are educated and fight for what our children deserve.... I hope that other parents don't experience this and our daughter doesn't even attend there!!!!

Posted November 23, 2010
Orange Grove Elementary is an Excellent School. The school principal, Ms Gasporra, is one of the most caring principals I have ever known. She knows most of the students by name. She is always making sure the kids are safe especially after school when studenst are being picked up. The staff and teachers are remarkable! They work extremely hard to keep our children on target and challenged. The PTA and Dads Club works together to provide extra activities for our school community. They are doing a fantastic job!!!

Orange Grove Elementary School 2

Posted June 03, 2010
My daughter has been attending Orange Grove since she was in kinder and now in the 4th grade. In the past I have seen so much more parent participation. The teachers are doing their best with the budget crises and I feel it is taking a tole on them and it shows. Parents need to be involved in their childs education and the PTA needs to be accepting of parents opinions and thoughts. I have never seen the PTA so unapproachable as they are now and unwelcoming. Myself and others do not feel welcomed so we do not attend the meetings and do not volunteer because we are treated rudely especially by certain board members. I thought they were here for the students not themselves

Orange Grove Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
Orange Grove has a very loving environment. The teachers work very hard to provide hands-on experiences for our children. My daughter is in 4th grade and has had a very positive experience with the teachers and the staff at OrangeGrove. The dad's club is doing great things and the PTA works extremely hard to help support the staff and students. They have offered both art and music classes after school for free! During these tough economic times, it is especially important for parents to take an active role in their child's education-we need to work with our children's teachers-it is our job, not the sole responsibility of our teachers, to help make our school great!

Orange Grove Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2010
My 2 daughters attended Orange Grove School. The five years that they spent there prepared them for the challenges in middle school and high school. They developed the love of learning and the study habits that are so necessary to maintain honor status. They made many wonderful friends and appreciate the great memories they had at the school. Orange Grove holds a special place in our hearts. My oldest is now a sophomore at a University and my youngest is about to graduate high school. Thank you Orange Grove for a wonderful experience.

Posted January 28, 2010
Several of my children have attended Orange Grove School and I have been very pleased with the children's progress and test scores. I feel the school has a very safe and protected environment with caring teachers and principal.

Orange Grove Elementary School
10626 East Orange Grove Avenue, Whittier, CA  90601
Last modified Orange Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange Grove Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top