Posted March 13, 2014
Since my daughter has been at Sorensen, I have seen nothing but improvements and my child loves it here. I think all the teachers and staff are very helpful and great at their jobs, especially the principal. She is truly an amazing principal and so dedicated to all the students and staff. I honestly do believe that when parents are involved in their child's education, it shows. Unfortunately it is usually those parents that complain about anything or everything, are those that are not actively involved in any school activities or volunteering with the school. The school does more than enough communication with parents thru letters, flyers, and the Tele-parent on a weekly basis.

Christian Sorensen Elementary School 1

Posted February 06, 2014
School is good unless your son or daughter has a learning disability then the teachers are to remain quiet unless the parent request an evaluation. The school knows the students with disabilities may take away from their budget so it is an unwritten policy not to recommend these students for evaluation.

Christian Sorensen Elementary School 3

Posted November 13, 2013
How do you as a parent find the new common core standards that are now set and implemented satisfactory to our children? How will the common core benefit our children? Just want feedback.

Posted October 27, 2013
Sorenson is well on its way introducing the new common core standards and implimenting them into the schools daily curriculum. I'm happy with the new changes. Our children need to be more educated & well prepared for any College of their choice.As well as giving them the proper skills to be able to contribute running this Country when its their time. Apart from that we need to stop sending our work to other countries and begin using our own resources. Our people. We are supposed to be the best Nation in the World! With that in mind we need to step up and live up to our Nations standards and help our children fullfill the American Dream... "In God We Trust"

Posted July 28, 2013
Sorensen is a awesome school fro teachers. Staff to the principal mrs vargas. but, the school needs a student drop off area in the front so kids dont have to run accross the street and parents should have access to view events at anytime without the teacher giving authorization to see the children. School performance overall is good.

Posted July 27, 2013
This school's performance and API has grown positively over the past few years. Mrs.Vargas,principal is excellent and is very supportive to parents.My child is in the RSP program and he has shown a good growth in his reading skills over the past year. The specialist teacher and speech teacher do care about the children they work with and send us feedback frequently. The front office staffs are superb and supportive.

Posted October 20, 2012
I think Sorensen Elementary is a great school and the staff in the office is very helpful,teachers have new ideas to work with the students. Also Dr Vargas is always there to help you with any concerns. Adriana

Posted October 20, 2012
I am a new parent in this school and I feel very fortunate to have my daughter here, because I see all the support she gets to improve academically in all areas. The staff, the principal and the teachers are very supportive, and very professional.

Posted October 31, 2007
excellent fantastic principal,and teacher grandparent of a 2yrs (K-1st grader)

Posted May 07, 2006
Quality of academic programs are average. The child/Teacher ratio could be better. But we do like very much our daughters teacher Ms. Henning & Ms. Franco. My daughter is in kinder and is not there long enough for me to comment on the availablity of extracurricular activities. The parent involvment is about average also, my daughters dad was a class room volunteer. Overall there is decent parent involvment for festivals and carnivals for the whole school. The only thing that the jury is still out on is the principal. She took over the school mid year,But ever since she did dropping of my child has become even more of a task due to the officer posted in front of the school issuing citations?

Christian Sorensen Elementary School
11493 East Rosehedge Drive, Whittier, CA  90606
Last modified Christian Sorensen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christian Sorensen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top