2,955 students|Whittier Union High

Bad
Good

Posted June 22, 2014
My child has been attending California High School for over three years. We are very pleased with the opportunities available to her and the teachers she has had. The school's and district's impressive data speaks for itself.

Posted December 18, 2013
Gone from a 10 to a 7 from lack of leadership and no accountability due to the union. Not to mention 100% of the administration comes from the teachers union. or close to it. The parents and students are there to make sure they all make a good living with good benefits. SAY YES TO VOUCHERS AND CHARTER SCHOOLS. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYONE ANYWHERE WHO GETS SO MANY DAYS OFF AND PAID FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR AND LIFE. We can't even get a teacher to stay after school cuz god for bid the union find out and punish that teacher. But a teacher can perform horribly and no one can say a thing. Nothing is done for years. we have to go through a three year process to make a common sense decision that person would be better suited in another profession. Then they still get paid for all the time they were performing poorly. Wow We need to separate the Administration from the Teachers and give the Administrators full over site as to how to deal with poor performers. We need Public accountability and reviews of each teacher. None of this just let the teacher decide what they should or shouldn't be doing in their class. TRUE OVER SITE. ACCOUNTABILITY.

Posted June 10, 2013
This school is perfect for a child that needs a extra learning experience. The teachers are excellent and willing to teach any kid. its perfect.

California High School 4

Posted September 28, 2012
Pretty great school, kind of crowded but it's still nice. This year they're reconstructing the large gym and last year they made many renovations. There are quite a bit of fights and a lot of kids with drugs but it's still a nice school and offers academies which are really great and block schedule is great because we get more time to do homework!

Posted September 11, 2012
It is unfortunate that a parent is unable to voice a concern about academic issues that directly affect one's child without being retaliated against. Recently I spoke with an administrator regarding something I didn't think was academically challenging or of any benefit to any students. I never mentioned the teacher's name and I tried to make a request to ban this particular activity from the school, in general, and not to focus on any individual teacher. To this date, my child does not know that I ever approached administration regarding this matter. However, the teacher must have been told whose parent voiced the concern because soon after, my child told me about how the teacher's attitude changed towards my child, from positive to negative. My child's grade also went down two letter grades in that class. I am disappointed and wish I had remained anonymous when I spoke to administration because my child ended up suffering the consequences for my actions.

California High School 1

Posted August 19, 2011
The counselors will tell new students one thing and the next day say something completely different. This school is very unorganized. Since i am a new student this is very vexing.

Posted May 30, 2011
Im gonna b new to this school next year looks lik a big school i hope not to get lost

Posted June 14, 2010
I attended Cal High for about 5 months. I absolutely loved the school! The campus is great, the teachers as well and simply the atmosphere is amazing. I was told it recently ranked a 10 and it simply left me in awe. I would do anything to go back to this wonderful school.

California High School 4

Posted September 10, 2009
Beautiful campus, great curriculum, and friendly teachers and counselors. Yes, it can be overcrowded (hell, 16 students in my French class don't have textbooks yet), and if you're new, there's a 95% chance you'll get lost due to the unique structure of the school, but overall, I'm glad I chose Cal High. An added bonus? Block scheduling. Your amount of HW has been reduced.

California High School

Posted December 17, 2007
cal high is a great school..the classes are great the teachers are awesome...it can be over crowded sometimes....but we as condors..have to live through it...lol...we recently got a new library and new classrroms...CHS would have to be the best school in whitter...YOU WISH YOU WERE A CONDOR!

California High School
9800 South Mills Avenue, Whittier, CA  90604-1030
Last modified California High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.