2,940 students|Whittier Union High

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 06, 2016
Great School! My Husband and two daughters attended La serna High School. Wonderful staff, specially the teachers and counselors.

La Serna High School 1

Posted May 13, 2015
Walnut High School is much better! Go Walnut! Go to Walnut High School, a Grammy Award-Winning school in Arts and Sciences!

La Serna High School 1

Posted March 15, 2015
La Serna enrollment notification process is making children feel unwanted. They are not efficient or prepared for new students unless the students are their own or on some kind of benefits (illegal entries into the U.S. see your own guidelines it allows this discrimination.) Legal property taxpayers kids and grandkids are denied or put on a waiting list discouraged given little hope of attending they are told they won't know until a day before school starts. My husband and children went to La Serna and now my grandson is going thru this discrimination nightmare. He is an excellent above average honor student that has worked hard, with the hope of going to La Serna now crushed. We pay more than our share of property taxes 5 properties and a business but that doesn't qualify even tho they are in the district. We need a voucher system since we paying for things others receive we do not.

Posted July 01, 2014
I am a student at la serna high school. Soon to be sophomore. And I honestly love la serna. They're so many amazing teachers and staff, I met a lot of great people. My teachers are very helpful and resourceful. I love la serna's clubs and activities. If I could go back to my freshman year and start all over, I totally would.

Posted January 10, 2013
I feel very fortunate that my children attend(ed) La Serna. One child graduated last year and I still have one attending. There are many excellent teachers there and even a few that I and my children feel are absolutely outstanding. There is a great emphasis for all the students to reach or exceed their potential. La Serna has a very high graduation rate which speaks to the commitment that the teachers, staff and administration have to the students. They do an excellent job at trying to prepare each child for their next step after high school and most seniors go on to higher education with the knowledge and self-confidence that they can succeed. They offer many honors and AP courses for students that need that academic challenge. They also have an exceptional athletics program. Their are many opportunities for the students to be involved if they choose. There is an outreach for parent involvement through PTSA, Friends of La Serna and booster clubs for sports, band and occasionally other classes or activities. The counselors are accessible and very helpful with any concerns or problems. This is a great high school and I'm very glad that this is my children's alma mater!

Posted November 23, 2009
I am a parent of two children that attend La Serna, and I am quite pleased with the staff and the students my children have made friends with. I've had little interaction with the administration but I have nothing but good things to say about the teachers. One of my children struggles more than the other. When I brought this to my childs teacher's attention they were quick to address it and gave me plenty of suggestions on how to handle things at home as well. They offered ways to keep in touch with them to make sure my students are not falling behind. As a matter of fact three out of 6 teachers gave me their personal phone numbers so that I can reach them if I had questions. Sometimes parents of high school students need to be aware of everything that is going on in the classroom.

Posted August 18, 2009
I belive that La Serna has a up scale of high standards!!! excellence to the Principle and whole staff!!!!!

Posted December 04, 2008
This is my sons first year @ LS. It has been a great year and he has made many new friends. All of my sons teachers are extremely helpful and have my sons best interest at heart. I have found many good families send their children to LS in which I enjoy my son making good friends with them. I feel my son is safe,and happy as it should be.

Posted October 28, 2008
I am sorry to say that I cannot say very many positive things about this school. The office staff is friendly & helpful as are some of the teachers. Sorry not to be able to include administration or a few of the teachers who act superior and arrogantly to students & parents. They boast needlessly. A close examinatio is needed by parents.

Posted September 30, 2008
LSHS is a school for a great education. This year is my Jr year at this school. I have been here every year so far, and will be attending next year. The school is very safe compared to others that I know of. It sets the bar when it comes to standards and learning. The teachers and staff are willing to help students and teach so that students will understand. They really do get the students to think of college and what comes after high school. That is one of the best things about my high school. Before I came to La Serna I never wanted, or even really thought about going to college and now i want to go because of the many people from La Serna opening my eyes to a new possibility. To everything La Serna has done for me I thank everyone at that school.

15301 East Youngwood Drive, Whittier, CA  90605-1345
Last modified La Serna High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.