Whittier High School 3

Posted April 23, 2014
I think my time at WHS was ok. I definitely was unhappy a lot of the time, but the student community makes up for the failures of the school itself. Teachers overall are not that great, though a *few* AP/honors ones were great. There was a whole lot of wasted time ("English day", "Math day"...) and the administrators tended to be either rude or annoying unless you developed some kind of friendship with them (which wasn't difficult, but ALL students should feel comfortable and welcome in their school). The Guidance Office staff are excessively rude and talk a whole lot for being as busy as they say they are. The void between "honors" and AP courses and regular/CP ("college prep") courses was enormous. And either in spite of or as a result of that, the AP/honors classes were ridiculously overloaded, not just with students in general, but with students who would have fit in some intermediary between AP and CP. ASB was a farce. Didn't quite like going to school there, but I got through and wouldn't exactly suggest people send their kids elsewhere in town for school

Posted September 26, 2013
Whittier H S is great!! my son has good agreats due to all trhe help he has gotten a long the way from his teachers.

Posted June 20, 2011
I second this sentiment - I am a parent that loves this school and would recomend this school to any parent. I do admit I used to have my concerns with this school but I've noticed how much it has improved in the past few years. I do believe the principal, a WHS alumn and who has spent almost her entire career at this school, has really made the institution great. It is THE high school I would most want to send my child to in the area. As with any place, it is what you make of it, but the school wants my input and participation. That is encourageing - nothing to hide and a willingness to work on problems parents see!

Posted May 05, 2010

Whittier High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Whittier High School is a caring, nurturing and hard working community of learners. A school community whose members, strive to improve each day, month and year!

Whittier High School 1

Posted September 21, 2009

Posted September 28, 2008

Posted September 23, 2008
I think it's a great school. There's not many activities and some people are mean but you can make the best of it.

Posted June 26, 2008
I think this school is great. Everyone learns a lot of new things here. My child goes here and he's a junior and he's so into the activites they have here. Of course, it is very crowded but indeed it is lots of fun for them to make a lot of friends.

Posted December 05, 2007
this is a great school for kids to get a higher education and to interact with students more.

Whittier High School
12417 E. Philadelphia Street, Whittier, CA  90601
Last modified Whittier High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whittier High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top