No rating

Trinity Lutheran School

Private | K-8 | 43 students

We are best known for academics and tri-arts program.

Living in Whittier

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $316,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,390.

Posted June 2, 2014

Awesome School Great teachers Music Garden Hot lunch theatre group Sports 5 acres of grass to play on Indoor gymnasium basketball courts Preschool thru 8th grade Small class Smart boards Library We have it all Low tuition Financial help available All my kids have done so well there

Posted February 11, 2014

Great school. The teachers respond quickly to my concerns. Very small class sizes. My daughter comes home every week with vegetables that they grew in the garden. Her teacher uses a smartboard and interactive technology in the classroom, which is neat. Plus, they have an electronic weather station that they check each day. There's a a school library with weekly access to books which, in my opinion, is essential in a school. Each classroom has a telescope and the kids get to check them out for a week at a time. There's a weekly dance elective and a theater program (although, my daughter is too young right now--she can't wait to be in it, though). The sacrifice we make to send her there is totally worth it. She is getting a quality education and has very caring teachers and friends.

Posted February 6, 2012

We're really happy with Trinity. We'd been at Whittier Christian, but Trinity was less expensive and we liked the smaller class sizes. He gets more one-on-one time with the teachers. Plus, the campus is so much better because it actually has grass and isn't facing the street on all sides. The teachers have really been working with him and his math scores have improved. We like the Boy Scout Troop there, too.

Posted June 22, 2011

Both of my kids graduated from Trinity and then went on to Whittier Christian. I feel that Trinity gave them a solid Biblical foundation. As a parent, I appreciated that the teachers were very approachable and understood my children's personalities and worked with them individually to succeed. Both kids are in a combination of college prep/honors classes, so Trinity definitely gets high marks in academics. They were very prepared for high school. Trinity also had good extra-curricular programs. My kids were involved in the theater program, volleyball and cheerleading and had a really good time.

Posted January 2, 2011

Trinity Lutheran School is a wonderful, safe, and academically focused Christian school. Despite the rough economy and cuts that have been made in ALL schools in the area, the dedicated staff at Trinity continues to offer an outstanding program. Where most schools, public and private have cut music and art in its classroom curriculum, Trinity continues to include it as part of its curriculum. Trinity also offers a variety of after school programs with competitive sports, theater arts, band and instrumental music, and paper crafts. They have a very active parents group (PTL) which is a fantastic way for parents to get involved and fellowship with other parents. I truly believe Trinity Lutheran School is the best Christian school in the area - maybe that is why it's been around for 67 years!

Posted June 16, 2010

Both our kids go to this school and I would highly recommend it for a family looking for a smaller school environment for their kids. Our kids wake up in the morning excited to go to school. The teachers are caring and really nurture the talents of the students. They have after school programs for music, sports and theater that my kids really enjoy. We put our kids here last year, after our son started struggling at the public school. It has made a world of difference. It is very affordable for a private school. (The tuition is actually not much more expensive than the after school program I had to pay for at the public schools when they went there!) It's not a slick, upscale school, but the small classes make the academics very strong. The students get an excellent education in a safe nurturing environment.

Posted May 26, 2010

Trinity Lutheran nurtures students to become successful in high school and beyond. Eight grade graduates from Trinity Lutheran are being accepted into the top private high schools (Loyola, Servite, Don Bosco,...). They are also being accepted into top music and performing art academies. The children leave Trinity with the feeling of high self worth and confidence that helps them stand against peer pressure. I'm glad that I have chosen to sacrafice to pay for the private education offered at Trinity Lutheran!

Posted February 25, 2009

If you are looking for a safe envirnoment for your child with a great educational program, consider Trinity Lutheran. My children are enrolled in the school and I found that the school provides quality teachers and staff. Additionally, the children and parents are very involved which makes a great difference in the peers and associations a parent would want for their children. I highly recommend the school. It has a great after school program and if the tuition is as issue, talk to the principal. They are very receptive.

Posted November 25, 2008

I am very pleased with the preschool program at Trinity. They have a new teacher for the past 6 months, Ms. Claudia, who is always prepared with lesson plans and projects for the kids. My daughter enjoys her school. They provide great feedback to help discipline our children and praise them for accomplishments. Recently they hosted Grandparents Day at the school. The grandparents in our family were very happy to have participated.

Posted November 18, 2008

I enrolled my preschooler and Kindergardener at Trinity this year. I left Whittier Christian School. Trinity is WONDERFUL! They offer music, sports, and other valuable programs. The parents and faculty are great. Trinity has such a warm learning environment. I feel good that knowing that my children are in good hands. My kindergardener has a new love for school and amazes me with how quickly he is learning! My children are definately getting the individual attention that is helping them grow academically and socially!

Posted September 25, 2008

I love love love this school! My daughter, as well as my 2 nephews, are currently attending Trinity. I was a little skeptical about the combined 3rd/4th grade classes, but Trinity is proving to do a superior job at keeping each grades core curriculum separate. With the addition of their wonderful 'pull out' teacher Mrs.Gonzalez, my 3rd grader is getting the best learning money can buy! Their hot lunch program is awesome, as well as the entire staff and principal. Our family came from a neighboring private school (palm view) and we now see what a private education should really be. Academically this school surpasses any other private school in the area. With the Preparing for a Degree program (PFD), the children have the benefit of learning life long assets such as preparation, responsibility, and organizaion that other private schools or public schools do not instill. I love this school!

Posted March 21, 2008

I no longer recommend this school to anyone due to several things: In one year, they have cut staff, combined classes, dropped award winning theater program, lost their strong music program, dropped boys varsity basketball, varsity cheer, and ceramics. Not every private school has low enrollment because at least two of the schools which have taken former Trinity students have waiting lists. Our son has moved to a public school in a high achieving district and we couldn't be happier. He has stated how friendly the kids are and how many more opportunities he has in his new school. Parents really need to thoroughly research this school before considering attending. They advertise a band when none exists and communication is extremely poor.

Posted March 10, 2008

Trinity Lutheran School is a very caring and nuturing school. The Principal and teachers have a very caring and positive outlook. I attended Trinity 1st - 8th grade and I have never ever regretted my experience at Trinity. I made many life long friends. The faculty is very caring and nurturing. It is a great school, I would highly recommend it.

Posted March 4, 2008

My four children attended school at Trinity. Not only do they have a great academic program but this school has a caring family type atmosphere as well as many extra curricular activities. We have truly been blessed by this school and I would recommend it to everyone.

Posted February 14, 2008

Great education, Christian atmosphere, safe environment. I have 3 children, 2 who have graduated and one who is still attending Trinity. My eldest in college was accepted into the Univeristy of Santa Cruz, my middle child is doing great in high school. consi

Posted February 13, 2008

I have 2 children who have been at Trinity for 6 and 4 years. They both are thriving academically as well as spiritually. The enrollment is lower lately but I find that to create an even closer group and family feeling. The kids love it.

Posted February 13, 2008

This school has been such a blessing to my family. The staff is extremely dedicated to providing a high quality education in a caring Christian environment. The graduates often receive recognition and scholarships based on their academic achievements. The school has a great hot lunch program, too. My children have thrived at this school.

Posted January 9, 2008

We, too, have moved our child and what a difference it has made! Trinity was once a thriving school, but enrollment is now barely over 100. With combined grades for several classes, and with boys varsity basketball, cheerleading, drama, & music theory all disappearing, what are families getting for their money? A disappointment all around.

Posted January 6, 2008

My son attended only 1 year which turned out to be a nightmare! the children will not be disciplined no matter what they do! all this school cares about is $. Since they have 8-13 students per class they don't want to do anything to upset the parents of the child who is causing problems, on the other hand the teachers really look like they hate their jobs! We had to change our son to a real Christian School (Calvary Chapel Downey) what a difference! it is night and day!, I really feel like my son wasted 1 year of not receiving proper education in Trinity, and truly we as parents wasted our money, just thankful to have moved on in to a better place. No wonder they are loosing many students every year!

Posted May 4, 2005

This school is a great school. My daughter has only been involved in the pre-school program here. I must say, I was a little dissapointed in the lack of involvement. I wasnt too keen on what was going on with my child or her studies. But overall, the school is very neat & clean, the teachers are nice, and the lunch is good.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Dance teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Mr. Dennis Jacobson
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (562) 699-7341

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Arts (all)
  • Religious

• Music teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school
More from this school
  • Educational Philosophy * We believe learning is sequential and cumulative. * We believe that to be a literate member of any community, one must learn shared information. * We believe that to be literate one must learn solid information. * We believe a specific core of knowledge and skills must be taught at each grade. * We believe knowledge and thinking skills are best acquired when taught simultaneously. * We believe all knowledge can be presented in a developmentally appropriate way. * We believe all our students can learn. We acknowledge that some will learn more easily than others. * We believe teachers are the most critical factor in determining a school's effectiveness. Therefore we believe in attracting, developing and retaining teachers who are deeply committed to the mission of our schools. * We believe teacher knowledge of subject matter is as important as pedagogical technique. * We believe all methods of instruction are effective when properly employed and must be incorporated in every classroom. * We believe methods must vary with age groups. * We believe reading is the most important skill for a child to master to unlock the world- especially in this "Age of Information." We believe strong decoding skills; a rich vocabulary and a broad base of knowledge are essential to reading with fluency, accuracy and comprehension. * We believe children will behave appropriately and respectfully most of the time if the classroom has clearly defined procedures, limits and boundaries that are taught and enforced in a respectful, benevolent, calm and non-oppressive manner. * Because we believe all knowledge comes from God, teaching the faith is integrated in all we do. * Finally, we believe that through Christ's death and resurrection, all people can claim God's unconditional love and forgiveness, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, through the Gospel, live under Him and His Kingdom, and live a repentant life of love and service. Our Goals * Master solid, specific and shared skills and knowledge in the Bible, history, geography, the language arts, science, math, music and the visual arts. * Be physically fit and active. * Learn to research, organize and use information * Develop the ability to analyze and synthesize information in the formation of opinions, values and behaviors. * Develop the ability to reason and think critically. * Develop the ability to solve problems. * Develop and maintain believes rooted in the Bible and the Lutheran Confessions. * Develop the behaviors of repentance, love and service. * Develop the social competencies of planning, decision-making, resistance

Apply now