No rating

Plymouth Christian School

Private | PK-6

Living in Whittier

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $316,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,390.

Posted March 19, 2014

Need to invest in better teachers that truly care about the students, afterall it is a Christian school. Board Members should have intellect in education and educated themselves. Sadly, the administration does not represent Christianity.

Posted March 19, 2014

They need to invest in better teachers that truly care about the succes of the students; afterall this is a Christian school. Board Members should have intellect in education and be educated themselves; after speaking to them you wonder how they are selected. Sadly, the administration does not demonstrate nor do they exemplify Christianity. Compare the cirriculum to a public school and the public schools are much further along.

Posted September 6, 2013

Plymouth Christian School is amazing! I have kids who attend. One goes to the school & the other in preschool. I love the staff & how much they care about the students. Both of my kids have gone since they were 2 years old. The tuition is VERY reasonable!

Posted June 26, 2013

After looking at many schools/daycare programs in the area, we enrolled our 3-year old daughter at Plymouth Christian School. A year later, we enrolled our 2-year old. It's been such a great environment to have our daughters, the teachers, director, principal and staff from office to janitorial are loving and go to great strides to make sure each child feels welcomed and loved. Each week, we receive a weekly schedule for each of the girls. It literally puts a smile on my face, every time I read all the details and fun, creative and educational activities they will be working on. We are a household, where one parent is an educator at another school and the other does not belong to the faith - yet we have never doubted our decision to have our daughters enrolled at Plymouth, our daughters simply love their school.

Posted March 19, 2013

My son has attending this school since he was 2 yrs. old. Through the years I've notice if you are not liked by the staff and you don't participate in helping your child will be left behind. This is sad and not Christian like at all. My son has made many friends but he will not return next year.

Posted July 5, 2011

My daughter has attended Plymouth since the 1st grade. She loves the school, teachers and her peers. The school has an awesome principal. The school has so many activites for the kids and the parents. I am a proud parent who loves the school and gets involved as much as I can. I love the school because it teaches our children all about God's love and how God can work in our lives.

Posted May 7, 2010

Besides providing child care from pre-k thru 6th grade, The Word of God is taught here by true loving & caring Christian Teachers!

Posted May 6, 2010

Two of my daughters have gone through Plymouth and loved it! The caring, loving teachers and staff are the best!

Posted May 6, 2010

It has small class sizes, teachers that invest in their students and challenge the students. Children can mature in their faith

Posted May 6, 2010

Plymouth has small class sizes and a family atmosphere. We strive to teach beyond the curriculum and develop children who know and love God.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 16, 2009

Plymouth Christian School give you the best bang for your buck. Just compare their tuition with other private schools in the area and you'll know what I mean. The teachers at Plymouth all have their college degrees and more importantly love teaching children. It's the best kept secret in Whittier!!!!!!

Posted September 8, 2009

For the last 3 years the price of tuition has gone up. Really haven't seen where the funds are going into. It looks like all the good teachers are leaving for some strange reason. It might be my sons last year attending if prices keep going up.

Posted May 25, 2009

My daughter goes to Plymouth Christian. I have been very pleased with their teaching mix of academics and morals. The class size is small and the children get a lot of one-on-one time with the teachers. I particularly appreciate the integrated before-and-after school daycare which works out wonderful for parents with full-time jobs.

Posted November 23, 2007

i think plymouth christian school is great u get a good education and the teachers are excelent i love the school
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 7, 2005

Plymouth Christian School offers the individual attention your child needs. Thier class size and invested teachers make the difference. The Administration is handled in a true Christian manner, where the parent is heard and valued. They work with you and your childs needs with love and true concern. There are opportunities to involve your child in after school programs in music, gymnastics, science and an excellent structered day care if that is your need. As a mom you feel safe that your child is being truely cared for which isnt always the case. Thier acedemic standards are high with good preparation for junior high demands. They offer the grounding neccisary for Life, with God woven into every aspect.

Posted February 24, 2005

I have had two children go to this school. One second grade the other two years of preschool. I feel that if you are paying for the education it should be very good. However, I found the opposite. My 6 year old had difficulties learning and instead of finding ways to assist him they labelled him as a problem child. My preschooler just never learned the things he should know prior to kindergarten. I now have them in public school and they have the support team that helped my son with his educational plan. Weekly updates with his teacher and programs to increase his learning. He is doing great. Also, my other son's kinder class is learning a great deal, with homework that reflects what he's doing in class and instructions to guide parents in helping their child learn. Plymouth doesn't offer any of this support. Public education is better!

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Other
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

12058 Beverly Boulevard