Public charter
Wildomar, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 20, 2014
Wow! What a great school! We are so blessed to have found a school that caters to individual needs. I have one child that is very interested in technology and he is able to present his work electronically. My other child is very artistic and is allowed to complete "book reports" by making a book and retelling the story in her own words...LOVE IT! I love that they bring the real world in to the classrooms. It does require parents communicating with their children because you don't have worksheets to look at to figure out what their learning but I love our dinner conversations on school days! Thanks Sycamore!!

Sycamore Academy Of Science And Cultural Arts 1

Posted July 24, 2014
CAUTION!! My child attended this school for two years and has not progressed. This school is like a daycare, not a school. It is extremely disappointing to see your child attend a school and not be educated or given the resources necessary to succeed. There is a lot to be said about traditional schools. Look at this schools rating 5 / 10 and the test scores... really?! Don t be fooled by a charter school. They are staffed with subpar teachers as well as a subpar director (Principal). I agree with the person who posted on April 24th about the Principal not being approachable. She has the philosophy of her way or the highway.

Sycamore Academy Of Science And Cultural Arts 2

Posted April 24, 2014
I am a parent, and I have had my kid in this school for two years. I was hoping that my child would be reading, and be a bit more ahead mathematically, but we are nearing the end of the year and there is still a major struggle. Even after extended tutoring the school provides twice a week. Academically, I have to say that I keep hoping for a little bit more. I was a supporter of this school and the way that they taught, but now I'm not so sure. I do like that they teach about art, but they fall a bit short academically. I have to say that one of the reviews says they have an 'open door' policy. I will not get into too much detail, but there was an incident involving my child and the principal literally closed her door because she didn't want to talk to me about it, telling the ladies in the office to convey to me that 'she didn't want to be the mediator', her words, not mine. I never asked to speak to her, but this lack of concern for my child, combined with how much I feel is lacking academically, confirms my decision to take my kid out of this school.

Posted November 30, 2013
Both of my children attend school at Sycamore, 2nd and 4th grade. This is quite a lovely school. Many people who are not educators have difficulty understanding the theory of constructivism, which is what this school embodies. With a Masters degree in education, I know the methods the teachers use are effective. Kids don't need hours of homework or worksheets to learn, they simply need authentic opportunities to use higher order thinking skills. Sycamore Academy appears to already be implementing the new mandated core standards. I am highly impressed with the teachers and their level of devotion to the job. Just an FYI: STAR testing is a state test and if a student scored above average, then the school must be doing a fantastic job.

Sycamore Academy Of Science And Cultural Arts 2

Posted September 07, 2013
Please parents think twice before sending your kids to this school. The school focuses on 1-3 major projects a year. There is no homework and in the 2 years my son was there I never saw any of his class work. They pride themselves in setting up SCORPIAN Goals which the child has to met by the end of the year. This is a joke. My son always tested Above Average on their STAR Testing but yet when I would have him write sentences for me or write a paragraph about what he read he couldn't do it. My son is now attending a College Prep Christian School and he is having a very difficult time keeping up because in his words, " Mom we never did this at Sycamore, all we did was play and art. "; I wouldn't recommend this school. His time there was a waste of time!! And I feel so bad for making that choice for him and not being more involved. He would come home happy and said school was great and a lot of fun. Sycamore Academy is a Day Care a place where you can drop off your child from 8:30am-3:30pm expect him to have fun but don't expect any advance or higher learning.

Posted August 26, 2013
Great school focusing on keeping your kids interested in school. My son actually love going to school now!!

Sycamore Academy Of Science And Cultural Arts 4

Posted August 08, 2013
Sycamore is a one-of-a kind, all around, great school! We are happy with our decision placing our daughter here, 4 years ago, and have seen her grow socially,emotionally, and academically.

Posted May 17, 2013
After moving to the area, we tried public school, but found our shy son was not challenged and had a hard time making friends in such big environment. As well, he continually complained he was bored. We moved him to Sycamore and I must say... the BEST decision. They have combined classes, which emphasizes my son's strengths and helps him to grow appropriately. He has grown academically and emotionally. We could not be happier with the teachers and their amazing communication with the parents. Highly recommend!

Posted May 15, 2013
I can't believe anyone would post a negative comment about this school. This school is amazing! We put our son in Sycamore after much consideration and research. The teachers are top notch and very personable. So what if they don't have a "playground" they make it work, and my son has never once complained. I love this school ! To the lady who posted in November, I am a parent posting this, not a teacher. You seem generally miserable and it seems you like to complain. Hopefully you find a school for you child, that you won't complain about, however I think that will be an impossible task.

Posted April 26, 2013
i love this school. And my son does too. the teachers are great! and everyone is nice.

Sycamore Academy Of Science And Cultural Arts
32326 Clinton Keith Road, Suite 202, Wildomar, CA  92595
Last modified Sycamore Academy Of Science And Cultural Arts is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sycamore Academy Of Science And Cultural Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top