Public charter
Woodland Hills, CA

Posted December 03, 2014
Excellent school all around. My daughter has been there from K-4 so far and loves it. The teachers provide a great atmosphere for learning. They're supportive, nurturing, responsive, and effective for their students of all ability levels. My daughter in the bell curve, above average but not gifted. I'm happy that she's instructed alongside students of all abilities. Chime promotes and discusses their no-bullying policy, which issues awards for respect in their academic awards ceremonies for every grade. Their all-inclusive charter translates into a lower API score, so don't be overly concerned with that. Parental involvement is assumed, with homework sign off required each week so that you know what's being taught and how your kid(s) are coping with it. I know of other public schools that don't require homework sign off, which puts parents out of sync with possible struggles until grades are issued.

Posted June 08, 2012
What an amazing place! We came to Chime from a private school due to financial issues and to our surprise it was even better! My son had Mrs. Jamison and Mrs. Green for second grade. They are wonderful teachers and we are extremely grateful that they were a part of our child's life. Chime is a community of acceptance and understanding. The school incorporates learing through art, music, gardening, and imagination! We really did win the lottery!

Posted May 27, 2012
I love Chime so much! I go there,actually, in 5th grade. In Chime there are a lot of activities to do, like special math games and fun field trips. In every grade there is always a fun project to do, even for the special needs kids.Those kids aren't separated from us, so it's nice to get to know them. The field trips are really fun,too! In kindergarten, you go to the LA zoo,in 4th grade,the California missions.You even go to,wait for it...DISNEYLAND in 5th grade for a culmination trip!!!This school is amazing,and is now a K-8 school!!!

Posted April 01, 2012
Chime is a unique and wonderful school. It looks at each child as an individual and helps him/her to grow and develop at their own pace, while holding the whole class to the same high expectations of all public schools. The teachers and staff are truly dedicated to the well being of the kids. I can't say enough positive things about this school. I just feel blessed to have my child attend.

Posted March 16, 2012
I have two children who attend Chime Charter. I have a special needs child and a typical gifted sibling that attends. The school and community is great and there is no bullying and my autistic child is nurtured and has friends that he wouldn't have at any other public school. It is the greatest place for a special needs child because the chime model is all about inclusion. Typical and and special needs children work side by side. For my academically gifted child Chime may not be the most appropriate. Although gifted students have special assignments and they are pushed harder what lacks is the healthy competition of being around other competitive students. When your other classmates are just as smart as you the level of your class discussion, projects are at another level. My friends who are at schools with 9 or 10 ratings have far more knowledge and the standardized test reflect that. Hands down a for a special needs child there couldn't be a better place in the Southern California, but if you have a typical gifted child Chime is not appropriate to challenge them. We are moving are gifted child to a 10 rated school and keeping our special needs child at Chime.

Posted June 25, 2011
My son is student at CHIME and we have been so impressed with his and our experience. He has been given a gift at this school. Yes, he gets all the required academics and enrichment for gifted children, but more than that he has learned empathy, team work, creative decision making and so much more. I am thrilled at how much i can be involved on the campus. Our parents are incredible. You really get to be part of your child's education at our school. That is not possible at many other schools, especially in the giant LAUSD system. I feel heard by teachers here and know my child's safety and personal and academic needs are being met. Our teachers teach as a team and know all the kids in their grade. We have many helpers in the classroom and mostly we have nice children who truly cared for. I couldn't ask for more from an elementary school. My son is learning to be a great human being at CHIME.

Posted June 01, 2011
I will forever be grateful that my children attend Chime. All the staff is genuinely caring and know my kids by name. The Teachers are always available to you and genuinely care about your child. As soon as I feel one of my children is struggling on a subject they immediately are open to a group meeting to discuss a better way to help my child whether it be academic or behavioral and this is just with my typical child. Thank you Chime Staff for being there for my children above and beyond of what is expected of you.

Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community 4

Posted May 13, 2011
I am wondering what review people are referring to as I haven't seen it. I am a parent of a Chime student and I'm glad that my child goes there. The teachers (that we've had to this point) are wonderful and seem to take so much pride in what they do. Parents are more involved than at your average school, which makes all of the difference if you ask me. This seems like more of a nurturing environment than at your avg. neighborhood school. However, to say that Chime is challenging is not my experience at all. My child scores pretty much in the middle and is not labeled as gifted. however, I find the curriculum to be very basic and not nearly as advanced as friends in several other public schools. I do find that friends at Chime that are behind are catered to and sometimes it seems like the preoccupation with those children takes away from the students who are in the middle or gifted. However, if my child were behind, I'm sure I would be happy with the philosophy. It's unfortunate that our school lost its great principal and hopefully the new one coming in the fall will give the school the guidance that it needs.

Posted May 11, 2011
"A great school has: Excellent Teachers; Strong principal/school leadership; Challenging academic programs." This is the definition of "a great school" given the margin beside the box I'm typing in. CHIME has all of these in spades. The teachers AND the amazing support they are given is what makes CHIME so different, I think even more so than the Charter that focuses on inclusion. Strong Leadership - absolutely. Challenging academic programs - absolutely. If you want an extremely gifted magnet school, there are plenty of those to go around, and this isn't one. If you want a school that focuses on educating ALL children, you can't get better than CHIME. YES of course there is fundraising -- I'm sorry, you are either at a public school fundraising like crazy or you are paying for a private school. I don't think there is another option. And if you are looking for a school where you agree with and like all of the other parents, maybe home schooling is for you. (BTW, posting anonymously on this site and messing with the star rating is rather pathetic. Clearly you know this person with which you are so annoyed, I suggest you have a conversation with her, or the principal.)

Posted May 11, 2011
Wow - I'm disgusted that the reviewer below used this website to start trolling over something unrelated to the quality of education that CHIME offers. I have 2 kids at CHIME, and anyone reading this should know that regardless of the 1 star rating afforded below (posted May 8 2011), if you happen to be lucky enough to be accepted to CHIME, you should do yourself a favor, and stop looking anywhere else, and literally pat yourself on the back for being so lucky. It might be the best school in SFV you could get your kid into. Parents drive long distances (from Toluka Lake in some instances) to get their kids there. The teachers are engaged, professional and they go way above and way beyond to provide your kid with the very best education that you could hope for. Every school has parents who harbor ill-will toward other parents, but you would be doing yourself and your kid a massive disservice by putting any stock in that 1 Star Review.

Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community
19722 Collier Street, Woodland Hills, CA  91364
Last modified Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 84 reviews. Top