Public charter
Woodland Hills, CA

Posted April 29, 2015
I am surprised to see some people comment that their children are not adequately challenged. My daughter has always been excited about school, and I feel that CHIME has only magnified her eagerness to learn and challenge herself. She has been described as "high achieving" and will be taking the GATE test this year. All students are seen for their individual strengths and challenges, and I am glad that their projects are flexible enough to ensure that she is adequately challenged while also reducing pressure and ensuring that there are no critical gaps in her understanding. I guess that if you are looking for a competitive atmosphere you should look elsewhere, but if you are looking for someplace to get your child excited about learning, and where they will learn to challenge themselves at any level, I think this is the right place!

Posted December 03, 2014
Excellent school all around. My daughter has been there from K-4 so far and loves it. The teachers provide a great atmosphere for learning. They're supportive, nurturing, responsive, and effective for their students of all ability levels. My daughter in the bell curve, above average but not gifted. I'm happy that she's instructed alongside students of all abilities. Chime promotes and discusses their no-bullying policy, which issues awards for respect in their academic awards ceremonies for every grade. Their all-inclusive charter translates into a lower API score, so don't be overly concerned with that. Parental involvement is assumed, with homework sign off required each week so that you know what's being taught and how your kid(s) are coping with it. I know of other public schools that don't require homework sign off, which puts parents out of sync with possible struggles until grades are issued.

Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community 1

Posted June 07, 2014
Do not believe what this website or school admin is saying. The middle school portion of this school sucks. There is NO gifted or high preforming programs. If anything we are learning below our grade levels to stay up with some of our special students that can't comprehend stuff at the grade level. CHIME really needs to step up it's game because if they noticed for being an inclusion school they need to work harder to make sure the regular kids are still having a nice quiet classroom environment to work in and the correct curriculum for the grade put in. The CHIME office staff also doesn't help students with anything. There is tons of bullying that happens with these students on and off campus. The victims of all this bullying go to the principal thinking they will help and put it to an end. But because of this small school campus the principal tends to make friends with some parents, therefore never punishing the bullies because of their friendships. I've seen all this happen and there's been lots of complaints. This school doesn't live up to what they say and it is not good.

Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community 1

Posted September 07, 2012
The Bullying at this school is out of control and NOTHING is done about it.

Posted June 08, 2012
What an amazing place! We came to Chime from a private school due to financial issues and to our surprise it was even better! My son had Mrs. Jamison and Mrs. Green for second grade. They are wonderful teachers and we are extremely grateful that they were a part of our child's life. Chime is a community of acceptance and understanding. The school incorporates learing through art, music, gardening, and imagination! We really did win the lottery!

Posted May 27, 2012
I love Chime so much! I go there,actually, in 5th grade. In Chime there are a lot of activities to do, like special math games and fun field trips. In every grade there is always a fun project to do, even for the special needs kids.Those kids aren't separated from us, so it's nice to get to know them. The field trips are really fun,too! In kindergarten, you go to the LA zoo,in 4th grade,the California missions.You even go to,wait for it...DISNEYLAND in 5th grade for a culmination trip!!!This school is amazing,and is now a K-8 school!!!

Posted April 01, 2012
Chime is a unique and wonderful school. It looks at each child as an individual and helps him/her to grow and develop at their own pace, while holding the whole class to the same high expectations of all public schools. The teachers and staff are truly dedicated to the well being of the kids. I can't say enough positive things about this school. I just feel blessed to have my child attend.

Posted March 16, 2012
I have two children who attend Chime Charter. I have a special needs child and a typical gifted sibling that attends. The school and community is great and there is no bullying and my autistic child is nurtured and has friends that he wouldn't have at any other public school. It is the greatest place for a special needs child because the chime model is all about inclusion. Typical and and special needs children work side by side. For my academically gifted child Chime may not be the most appropriate. Although gifted students have special assignments and they are pushed harder what lacks is the healthy competition of being around other competitive students. When your other classmates are just as smart as you the level of your class discussion, projects are at another level. My friends who are at schools with 9 or 10 ratings have far more knowledge and the standardized test reflect that. Hands down a for a special needs child there couldn't be a better place in the Southern California, but if you have a typical gifted child Chime is not appropriate to challenge them. We are moving are gifted child to a 10 rated school and keeping our special needs child at Chime.

Posted June 25, 2011
My son is student at CHIME and we have been so impressed with his and our experience. He has been given a gift at this school. Yes, he gets all the required academics and enrichment for gifted children, but more than that he has learned empathy, team work, creative decision making and so much more. I am thrilled at how much i can be involved on the campus. Our parents are incredible. You really get to be part of your child's education at our school. That is not possible at many other schools, especially in the giant LAUSD system. I feel heard by teachers here and know my child's safety and personal and academic needs are being met. Our teachers teach as a team and know all the kids in their grade. We have many helpers in the classroom and mostly we have nice children who truly cared for. I couldn't ask for more from an elementary school. My son is learning to be a great human being at CHIME.

Posted June 01, 2011
I will forever be grateful that my children attend Chime. All the staff is genuinely caring and know my kids by name. The Teachers are always available to you and genuinely care about your child. As soon as I feel one of my children is struggling on a subject they immediately are open to a group meeting to discuss a better way to help my child whether it be academic or behavioral and this is just with my typical child. Thank you Chime Staff for being there for my children above and beyond of what is expected of you.

Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community
19722 Collier Street, Woodland Hills, CA  91364
Last modified Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top