Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Special school - we drive across the Valley to be a part of this wonderful community of Teachers, Administrators, Parents, and above all, students. We are very thankful for the experience that our kids are receiving by being a part of Chime.

Not only a great school, but you are a member of a special community. Our children have been able to thrive, each receiving individualized attention, and challenged to be the best people they can be. I couldn't speak higher of the quality of people we are with; teachers, administrators, parents, and children. A truly special place.

This is the most wonderful school I could have ever imagined and echo other posters' sentiments that getting into Chime is indeed like winning the lottery. Every child- typically-developing, those with special needs, and those who are gifted- all receive individualized attention all day, every day to achieve their greatest potential, all within the most loving environment of passionate teachers and staff with the greatest education and skills themselves.

Great school, we left our local school 5 minutes away (which probably ranked higher) to come here. Smaller class size, community feel. Teacher actually care and they are not tenured like other LAUSD schools. Huge plus, they have 80 paraprofessionals/helpers on the campus. Some getting units/credits from CSUN. No other school has this. And a brand new middle school building that actually is for 4th - 8th grade. So happy we got in. Lottery process and i think over 800 applicants for 88 spots for Kinder speaks for itself.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have bully awareness week. They talk about it in class all the time as i volunteer there. Many kids with disabilities there so the other kids are very empathetic to all types.

I am surprised to see some people comment that their children are not adequately challenged. My daughter has always been excited about school, and I feel that CHIME has only magnified her eagerness to learn and challenge herself. She has been described as "high achieving" and will be taking the GATE test this year. All students are seen for their individual strengths and challenges, and I am glad that their projects are flexible enough to ensure that she is adequately challenged while also reducing pressure and ensuring that there are no critical gaps in her understanding. I guess that if you are looking for a competitive atmosphere you should look elsewhere, but if you are looking for someplace to get your child excited about learning, and where they will learn to challenge themselves at any level, I think this is the right place!

Excellent school all around. My daughter has been there from K-4 so far and loves it. The teachers provide a great atmosphere for learning. They're supportive, nurturing, responsive, and effective for their students of all ability levels. My daughter in the bell curve, above average but not gifted. I'm happy that she's instructed alongside students of all abilities. Chime promotes and discusses their no-bullying policy, which issues awards for respect in their academic awards ceremonies for every grade. Their all-inclusive charter translates into a lower API score, so don't be overly concerned with that. Parental involvement is assumed, with homework sign off required each week so that you know what's being taught and how your kid(s) are coping with it. I know of other public schools that don't require homework sign off, which puts parents out of sync with possible struggles until grades are issued.

Do not believe what this website or school admin is saying. The middle school portion of this school sucks. There is NO gifted or high preforming programs. If anything we are learning below our grade levels to stay up with some of our special students that can't comprehend stuff at the grade level. CHIME really needs to step up it's game because if they noticed for being an inclusion school they need to work harder to make sure the regular kids are still having a nice quiet classroom environment to work in and the correct curriculum for the grade put in. The CHIME office staff also doesn't help students with anything. There is tons of bullying that happens with these students on and off campus. The victims of all this bullying go to the principal thinking they will help and put it to an end. But because of this small school campus the principal tends to make friends with some parents, therefore never punishing the bullies because of their friendships. I've seen all this happen and there's been lots of complaints. This school doesn't live up to what they say and it is not good.

The Bullying at this school is out of control and NOTHING is done about it.

What an amazing place! We came to Chime from a private school due to financial issues and to our surprise it was even better! My son had Mrs. Jamison and Mrs. Green for second grade. They are wonderful teachers and we are extremely grateful that they were a part of our child's life. Chime is a community of acceptance and understanding. The school incorporates learing through art, music, gardening, and imagination! We really did win the lottery!

Last modified Chime Institute's Schwarzenegger Community is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.