Woodland Hills, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 30, 2014
My daughter started a public charter school and within 5 days, I was calling private schools to move her. I emailed WHPS on a Friday night, and by Saturday, I had already been in contact with the principal. I then "dropped by" the following Monday, having no idea it was their first day of school, and the principal made time for me, giving me a full tour of the school and talking to me about an IEP for my 5 year old. By the following week, she was attending WHPS and I have never looked back. In the area where we moved from, this school would have been out of everyone's price range. But in this area, I found it to be a very good price for private education. We are not a family who is "well off" by any means. But we made our child's education the most important expense only second to our mortgage. We have not regretted our decision one bit.

Posted September 04, 2013
We have had a spectacular experience at this school. Our daughter went to three years of preschool here. The teachers were fun, nurturing and engaged. We looked at other public and private schools for elementary and ultimately decided to stay at WHPS. The elementary is amazing. The classes are small and each child truly gets an individualized education. The kids are in like-learner groups for reading and math, regardless of grade. This allows each child to work at their own level and be appropriately challenged. Even the homework is individualized. In addition to the standard curriculum, the students have Spanish, P.E., Computer, Barnyard, Music and Art classes beginning in Kindergarten. This school is a hidden gem--we honestly cannot believe how lucky we are to have found it!!

Posted August 24, 2013
We have been at WHPS for many years. My older son started at the school when he was 3 and is now in 4th grade. My youngest started at age 2 and is now in kindergarten. My experience with both the preschool and the elementary have been excellent! My older son has ADHD and other issues and everyone has been very helpful and understanding. I appreciate that the teachers have always been willing to work with me rather than write him off. Because of that, he is now thriving. The class size and the individual approach are what makes this school great. I can't forget to mention the wonderful teachers and staff. They are all top notch! There is also a very active parents group that brings a lot of fun activities for the children. Everyone in the community really cares about the community and that is why we have been here for so long. Keep in mind that people have different expectations. Sometimes, it's just not the right fit. This is not the fault of the school or the teachers. It's just not what the parent hoped it would be... I wish people would keep that in mind before giving low ratings.

Woodland Hills Private School - Oxnard St. Campus 1

Posted September 21, 2012
We are pulling our youngest out after a month or so, my wife was ready to pull the youngest out the first day. As soon as the AuPair we arranged for gets here the youngest will be home and doing private dance, art and other things for socialization skills. Now we are looking for a new spot for our older child who just started Kindergarten. Too many issues, the teacher actually seems pretty good but the management has things going on that we don't feel are appropriate teaching techniques. We don't think our child will do well here and we are cutting our loses and moving on.

Posted June 03, 2011
Not quite sure what problem the parent below had with this school, as I have had a completely different experience - I've had a great time with my daughter at this school and absolutely love it. The teachers are amazing, all the staff are so friendly and helpful - and my daughter adores this school and is thriving amazingly. I've been very picky about schools and I am so happy with Woodland Hills Private. We've been there for two years and have never had a bad experience and I'd highly recommend it to other parents who are looking for a great start on your child's education.

Woodland Hills Private School - Oxnard St. Campus 1

Posted May 19, 2011
Crazy that someone would say that this is a quality school. This is such a joke. Horrible staff, horrible teachers, just a poor school all the way around. Public school offers a much better education then this school could ever offer! Go somewhere else where your child has a better chance of learning!

Posted November 24, 2010
We are very happy here. I have one child in preschool and one in the elementary school (and he did preschool at WHPS as well). The preschool is the best! As far as the elem school goes, we tried one year at a public school and couldn't wait to get back to WHPS. It is so much better! Smaller classes, amazing teachers, more and better resources, and wonderful involved parents. The academics are handled so wonderfully - kids are in small groups based on their abilities for subjects like math and reading. My son is challenged and inspired daily. It is so worth the money.

Posted September 15, 2010
my son has just started at this school and both our expereince with the teacher and staff has just been wonderful. there has been alot of communication on how my son is transitioning in his new class and they even make the extra effort to work with me on figuring out how to make the transition much better for my little guy. i think starting off on the right foot with this school says alot on how the rest of it will be.

Woodland Hills Private School - Oxnard St. Campus 3

Posted May 28, 2010
At woodland hills private-the preschool part, there are only select teachers that are worth having your child taught and taken care of by.... A select few of the newer teachers do not know how to handle discipline problems with the students and are are very rude to the parents when trying to discuss any problems. I would only have your child go to a class with a teacher that has been at the school 3+ years. And I would disagree with a previous post.. The teachers stand around A LOT... AND MISS A LOT OF WHAT GOES ON AT THE PLAYGROUND.. A LOT OF HITTING, PUSHING AND SPITTING. Be wary of what teacher you choose at this school.

Woodland Hills Private School - Oxnard St. Campus 4

Posted March 13, 2010
Oxnard campus is the best school campus in the valley. Huge lot, lots of old shady tree, animal farm, wonderful library building. School is gated, with a single entry access. Before and after hours care is really a care, with teachers engaging children into play (not just standing around). While my child was in that school I totally sure that she is in good hands.

Woodland Hills Private School - Oxnard St. Campus
22555 Oxnard Street, Woodland Hills, CA  91367
Last modified Woodland Hills Private School - Oxnard St. Campus is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Woodland Hills Private School - Oxnard St. Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top