Posted August 15, 2014
Finally both my kids are at Calvert. I volunteer every morning and am so grateful I have this opportunity. I get to see how the staff and teachers interact when parents are not around and it is great to see. I am so happy with this school and am happy to see what this school year brings.

Posted April 06, 2014
Come on parents and community lets vote for Calvert let's get the $5,000 for this great school

Posted April 03, 2014
Calvert Street School always had caring teachers. I was the PTA Treasurer when my daughter attended in the 80's and 90's. I am so pleased that Calvert is now a charter school. More freedom on how allotted money is spent. I always felt sad that the kids had to play on that asphalt jungle. It would be well over 100 degrees even in the spring. My daughter went there before there was any air-conditioning, it was brutal in the classrooms. Congrats to all the great parents and staff for all these wonderful changes you have made.

Calvert Charter For Enriched Studies 4

Posted December 29, 2013
As a current Calvert Parent I would like to comment on the local residents assessment of playground activity and behavior. It is completely unfair to give this school two stars based off playground activity seen from outside the gates of Calvert. The principal, teachers and activity personnel take behavior seriously and have high, yet reasonable, standards for the children. They are children - they run, play, shout, disagree and yes, sometimes fight. But it's unfair to portray the school as if it doesn't care. Calvert is a very nice school, with a principal that is trying very hard to create a positive environment for the school. This school is growing and will be one of the top rated elementary schools in Woodland Hills within the next five years.

Posted September 30, 2013
I am a proud Calvert parent. I have a daughter in 4th grade and another recent graduate that is now in seventh. I too live on Jumilla avenue and have seen the school's campus beautifully transformed from an asphalt heat island to an urban green space. I have participated in various projects that have included removing 150 cubic tons of asphalt, planting 200+ trees, built an outdoor classroom teaching garden and applauded when some very persistent parents created our grass field and running track through countless meetings and phone calls to the district. I am proud of the wood chips that my daughters and I have spread of the compost that we have hauled, and the second Saturdays we spend cleaning up the school. We have had great teachers every year. They are engaging and inspiring. Most of all my kids are happy and safe on campus. All the students are. It could easily be the happiest campus in LAUSD. They love going to school as much as they love going to the outdoor movie nights on the school lawn. We did this together, our community, for our children. Please go and volunteer at your own school now.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 30, 2013
While I appreciate the above comments, as another Jumilla neighbor to Calvert, and current Calvert parent, I just want to add that the office at Calvert is always open to community support and welcomes your feedback. I encourage you to stop by and speak directly to the staff about your concerns. We have been at Calvert for eight years - between two kids - and see it getting better and better inside the classroom and out!

Posted September 09, 2013
I have three children at this school. The eldest has gone from Kindergarten and is now in the 5th grade. Throughout our 6 years here we have found the teachers and staff to be dedicated and passionate. Our kids are thriving and learning and growing in a very positive nurturing environment. There are wonderful diverse families at this school who give a lot of time and energy to keep the school operating in a fun clean modern way. We are excited about the new science lab, the new computer lab, and all the new opportunities for the kids to learn and grow.

Posted September 03, 2013
Calvert Charter is a great school. My children love going to school each day. They love their teachers and their teachers love them. The staff is all wonderful, from the Principal all the way down to the aids. Each and everyone one of them really care about the kids and getting to know them. Calvert is a great community school and it shows in how many parents know each other and spend their free time helping to make sure that the school is kept clean. There are so many wonderful things at this school. From computer labs(2), science lab, art room, and so much more. The PTA and staff really work hard to make sure all the kids are getting as much as they possibly can.

Calvert Charter For Enriched Studies 4

Posted September 03, 2013
I really like the school became charter this year I hope it get better, And how they regularize the good of the children not just being bad.

Posted August 29, 2013
My school is an amazing place. Nowadays with public education it is extremely hard to find a school that meets your child's needs. Calvert has become that for us. It is a school that has built a great community feel to it. Staff and parents work together and have created an environment that is safe and enriching for the students. I am very fortunate to have my children attending this school.

Calvert Charter For Enriched Studies
19850 Delano Street, Woodland Hills, CA  91367
Last modified Calvert Charter For Enriched Studies is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calvert Charter For Enriched Studies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 109 reviews. Top