Public charter
Woodland Hills, CA
Students enrolled: 3,513

El Camino Real Senior High School 2

Posted April 11, 2015
My son got accepted for the school year 2015-2016. I would love to read some current reviews from students and parents. Thank you. From the reviews I have read I'm giving the school 2 two stars.

Posted March 20, 2015
DO NOT GO HERE. As a current student, I can say it is way too over crowded and each year more and more students are accepted in. The administrators let in so many kids and only care about absences because the school is so poor. You can only take either extremely hard classes that you can barely pass and have no life with or super easy classes where you're stuck in a room with 50 obnoxious kids and a teacher who just stares at his or her computer. You are lucky if you find a genuinely nice and intelligent teacher but you can tell even they are fed up with the other staff members and students. Because we are packed together all the time, there are always fights. Whether its physical or online, thats all people talk about. The students are fake and will only say/do things that could make them "popular". You can only help El Camino academically if you can handle the crazy, rude teachers who honestly don't know how to teach. The athletic teams could be good but most of the coaches put too much pressure and have too much practice for it to be enjoyable. Also the members of the teams that do well at their games and competitions, are very cocky and look down on anyone not on their team.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 17, 2015
ECR is very overcrowded. Many of the teachers squabble with each other within departments. There is no unity. There seems to be no consistency between the quality of the teachers within departments. Many of the teachers don't seem to care about their students. My son became lost in a sea of students and uncaring teachers. The principal is not supportive of the arts. The music director and the principal act like children trying to throw their egos around. They act like kids and the students suffer. Some good teachers, but most are shabby at best. I don't see any redeeming quality to this school, except the nicely cleaned floors in the hallways. That's it.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 20, 2015
Yes the students receive much homework though the staff is terrible at teaching the criteria and main office is rude!
7 people found this helpful

El Camino Real Senior High School 2

Posted January 14, 2014
I'm currently a student at ECR and I have to say it doesn't live up to the hype. The school likes to focus on athletics, and by "likes" I mean they spend more time on athletics than other legitimate issues. We're a few hundred students away from having 4,000 students, which is a little extreme. There are some very fantastic teachers, and some who are not that bright. One of my current classes consists of sub- par lectures and more than often "free- time days". By which I mean, "be quiet and do whatever, i'll be on my computer". The physical education provided for non- athletes is also a bit extreme. Two of my very close friends have been pushed to the point that they were sweating and vomiting. However, there are some nice things about this school. The nurse and health office are absolute saints. They helped me when I would come in feeling sick. They are so caring & kind, I have so much respect for them, and some of the teachers are just the same. My biology teacher last year was an angel and helped me with any question or problem that I had. Overall, I give this school 2 stars because the cons heavily outweigh the pros. However, this is only my opinion, take from it what you will.
7 people found this helpful

Posted November 26, 2013
EL CAMINO REAL CHARTER SCHOOL MY SON IS A JUNIOR AT THIS SCHOOL AS WE SPEAK AND HE DOES COMPLAINT AT TIMES ABOUT ALL THE HOMEWORK HE GETS BUT, HE GETS IT DONE!! HE TAKES AP AND HONORS CLASSES AS HE IS A UC BOUNDED STUDENT. CURRENTLY PLAYING SOCCER FOR THE LA GALAXY U16 ACADEMY TRAINING 4 DAYS A WEEK AT STUBHUB CENTER, GETTING HOME AT ABOUT 9:00 PM EACH DAY. STILL MANAGE TO KEEP HIS GPA AT 3.5 AND HAS VERBALLY COMMITTED TO CAL BERKELEY FOR 2015. IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW FAR YOU WANT TO GO IN LIFE! IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING! TEACHERS ARE ELCO ARE GREAT.

Posted September 03, 2013
El Camino Real CHS is a great school. It is well known for both its academics and athletic excellence. Also this is a school a lot of colleges and universities are fimiliar with. Im a senior and had an amazing four years at this school. If you want a good education with well known sports teams then this is a school for you. And to the previous reviews, the teachers do care about students, but if students do not choose to care about their education then that is their own problem.

Posted August 21, 2013
My school (El Camino Real Charter High School) is very bad, the amount of homework is too much! The school is to strict, the people in the school are very rude and are not friendly at all!! I would never recommend this school to a new student unless he/she has a friend or family relative in the school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted July 17, 2013
I never write reviews about anything , but the atrocities at this school have been the first thing to ever compel me to write a review. let me start off by saying loud and clear DO NOT GO THERE. PERIOD. with over 4000 kids, you will get no direction, no interest from counselors, teachers don't care about you, you will be so lost. people literally don't have time to care about you, and they don't. what's more, the people there are disgustingly trashy, the school is flat BROKE, and the workload is ridiculous. as a student I speak from firsthand experience. it is the most depressing school, it's so strange: just walking around campus makes you feel depressed instantly. you will hate life. don't go here. please take this advice. if I went through this horrible period in my life, the least I want to do is make sure no one else has to.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 14, 2013
El Camino Real Charter High School is a GREAT HS! My daughter attended school there for 4 years and graduated last year. Last year ECR became a independent charter school so now the school is even greater! The teachers are wonderful and the administration is very friendly. My younger daughter will attend ECR in 2014. There is no other public school in the valley that is better than ECR! In addition, El Camino Real Charter is one of the most successful teams in the history of Academic Decathlon, and arguably the single most successful team of the last decade. ECR has a record 6 National Championships, the most of any high school in the Nation.There AP courses consist of: Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, AB, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Language, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Mechanics, Microeconomics, Music Theory, Physics, Psychology, Spanish Language, Studio Art, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History, World History - (ECR offers over 10 Honors courses). Hope this helps!

El Camino Real Senior High School
5440 Valley Cir. Blvd., Woodland Hills, CA  91367
Last modified El Camino Real Senior High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Camino Real Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top