Public charter
Woodland Hills, CA

Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary 2

Posted July 17, 2014
With the exception of a very few good teachers, this is not a good school at all. Too much bullying by students and by the staff.

Posted June 13, 2014
Lockhurst is extended family. The teachers are strong, yet loving. I am extremely fortunate to have children that attend Lockhurst! A truly talented faculty!

Posted May 28, 2014
I think school experience largely depends on the teacher. I have had experience with two teachers since we've started going to this school. The teachers are caring and kids like them. Some teachers are more organized in their daily routines, some less. That also depends on the amount of parent involvement and volunteering. My kids like going to this school. There is no perfect school that satisfies every parent's and child's expectations and wishes. Overall, I am satisfied with this school. As far as some of the complaints about administrative staff in other posts, I can say that I have only had positive experiences. They have been courteous and responsive to my questions and needs. The principal has been responsive to emails that I have sent as well.

Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary 1

Posted May 12, 2014
I am counting the days that my kid will be finished at this school. The administrative staff is not a big proponent for the kids - it is all very political and evasive. The only capable and rational individual in this school is the Assistant Principal. The majority of the teachers are apathetic and disorganized. My kid is autistic, and I've seen her development slip backwards due to the poor care and poor education that is provided in this school. I have even been made aware by other students that she's been yelled at. It's simply not a good environment at this school.

Posted May 07, 2014
Lockhurts is a very good school. The kindergarten teacher amazing, and very dedicated to the education and social skills to each kid. I really appreciate the endless patience to my daughter's communications issues. I recommended very high this school.

Posted April 10, 2014
The March 27, 2014 posting is inaccurate and was mostly likely posted by a outside agency employee who was removed from this classroom around this time.

Posted September 30, 2013
Fabulous school with dedicated teachers. PTSA involvement is prominent, though it would be nice to see more families extend themselves.

Posted August 24, 2013
Lockhurst is a great school! We have been here for 5 years and I love it. My son is happy to go to school everyday and I believe he is getting a quality education. The student body is diverse and the children behave well for the most part. I feel like my child is in good hands at the school and that he is safe from violence and harassment. The principal is tough with the kids, but I believe her intentions are good and that a firm hand is needed to ensure the safety of all children. Through our very involved PTSA our school has been able to maintain PE, computer, and music programs which have been cut in many schools. The grounds are clean with plenty of play area for the children and the pre-k and kinder children stay on their own area of the campus away from the older students. There are lots of after school activities to keep the children busy and fulfilled. The community atmosphere is great and there is a large group of very involved parents that make sure activities and fundraising go on. The teachers are also great! I would recommend Lockhurst to anyone.

Posted August 15, 2013
We have been very happy with Lockhurst and the education it has provided my child with. The teachers are accessible and involved! We haven't been disappointed yet.

Posted June 07, 2013
My daughter went to Kindergarten in this school. This school is excellent, staffs are very friendly, teachers are extremely good. The principal is very dedicated. My daughter's class teacher was very caring and wonderful. I am glad, we chose this school over our home school.

Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary
6170 Lockhurst Drive, Woodland Hills, CA  91367
Last modified Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 89 reviews. Top