Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary 4

Posted June 15, 2016
Lockhurst rocks my son Anthony started pre-k there and this year just finish third grade thanks for all the help and support you provide this year Mr.Anderson I am telling you great school!!

Posted June 14, 2016
Lockhurst is our home school. My son Zach has been there since Kindergarten. We just finished the 3rd grade with Mr Anderson and he was amazing. Real hands on learning which my son loved.

Posted June 14, 2016
4 years at the school and still loving it. Mr. Anderson made learning fun for my child. He came home excited about school and was just as excited to go back.

Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 02, 2016
To Ms. Langlois, I have never had a more wonderful teacher. She perfectly introduced me to kindergarten. Now I am in seventh grade and doing well. I owe that success to her.

Posted June 02, 2015
This school has provided my daughter with an amazing experience for kindergarten. Even though we won't be here next year, as she has been placed in a magnet program, I want to demonstrate my appreciation of all that the teachers and parent volunteers have done by recommending the school to anyone considering it. Lockhurst is a well structured school with lots to give to the students and community. All that my daughter learned is a testament to what they are exposed to and offered. Thank you Lockhurst for an amazing Kinder experience for my daughter. We will miss you all!

Posted June 01, 2015
There are so many great schools in this area, but we are so glad we chose Lockhurst which is our home school. We just finished Kindergarten with Mrs. Langlois who is not only everything you would want a Kindergarten teacher to be, sweet and loving, but is very dedicated to teaching and will look at all your child's homework and tests and give constructive feedback. Your child will learn like crazy and have fun doing it. The on campus after school care is convenient and wonderful. Mrs. Johnson, the principal, has a motto of putting the children first despite whatever political climate may be going on. The PTA put on excellent programs despite having half the budget of neighboring schools. Our older child went to private school and then to Welby Way magnate. Both were excellent schools, but so far Lockhurst is proving to be just as strong. From parents who have older siblings at Lockhurst, they say that their children are loving their teachers as well so we are staying.

Posted March 22, 2015
We LOVE Lockhurst! A few of us parents were talking about how this school is a gem in the West Valley. The teachers are excellent and extremely passionate about teaching. They have a strong focus on academics but they also find very creative and innovative ways to incorporate the lessons and instructions. My child is so happy - she's just thriving here. The smaller size of the school is also a huge plus as it really allows you and your children to feel safe and comfortable as there are so many familiar faces and you really get a sense of community. Awesome and very welcoming group of parents and staff! The Principal is warm and approachable with parents and kids alike and she goes above and beyond a 'typical' Principal. We feel so lucky to be at Lockhurst!

Posted March 22, 2015
We LOVE Lockhurst! A few of us parents were talking about how this school is a gem in the West Valley. The teachers are excellent and extremely passionate about teaching. They have a strong focus on academics but they also find very creative and innovative ways to incorporate the lessons and instructions. The programs that are offered that have been cut by some other schools (Instrumental and Vocal Music, Computer Lab, P.E. etc) are fantastic. My child is so happy - she's just thriving here. The smaller size of the school is also a huge plus as it really allows you and your children to feel safe and comfortable as there are so many familiar faces and you really get a sense of community. Awesome and very welcoming group of parents and staff! The Principal is warm and approachable with parents and kids alike and she goes above and beyond a 'typical' Principal. We feel so very grateful to have found Lockhurst!

Posted March 12, 2015
The preschool teacher at this school has a reputation for being an excellent teacher. I cannot express enough how much I agree! Ms. Melanie and her aide, Kim, are absolutely this most loving, caring teachers any adult could ask for! Their class is for children on the Autism spectrum. My grand daughter has grown so much under the caring instructions of these two wonderful ladies. The school itself is a well run school with a wonderful principal. They keep parents very informed and school activities are well planned. I am very happy with this school.

Posted March 11, 2015
Lockhurst is my home school and I was wavering as to whether or not have my children attend there just because there are so many great schools within 3 miles of my home. I'm SO glad I chose Lockhurst. The teachers are amazing and the community feel at the school is great. It's a very small school with caring parents who are very down to Earth. I highly recommend Lockhurst!

Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary
6170 Lockhurst Drive, Woodland Hills, CA  91367-1204
Last modified Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.