Public charter
Woodland Hills, CA

Posted March 22, 2015
We LOVE Lockhurst! A few of us parents were talking about how this school is a gem in the West Valley. The teachers are excellent and extremely passionate about teaching. They have a strong focus on academics but they also find very creative and innovative ways to incorporate the lessons and instructions. My child is so happy - she's just thriving here. The smaller size of the school is also a huge plus as it really allows you and your children to feel safe and comfortable as there are so many familiar faces and you really get a sense of community. Awesome and very welcoming group of parents and staff! The Principal is warm and approachable with parents and kids alike and she goes above and beyond a 'typical' Principal. We feel so lucky to be at Lockhurst!

Posted March 22, 2015
We LOVE Lockhurst! A few of us parents were talking about how this school is a gem in the West Valley. The teachers are excellent and extremely passionate about teaching. They have a strong focus on academics but they also find very creative and innovative ways to incorporate the lessons and instructions. The programs that are offered that have been cut by some other schools (Instrumental and Vocal Music, Computer Lab, P.E. etc) are fantastic. My child is so happy - she's just thriving here. The smaller size of the school is also a huge plus as it really allows you and your children to feel safe and comfortable as there are so many familiar faces and you really get a sense of community. Awesome and very welcoming group of parents and staff! The Principal is warm and approachable with parents and kids alike and she goes above and beyond a 'typical' Principal. We feel so very grateful to have found Lockhurst!

Posted March 12, 2015
The preschool teacher at this school has a reputation for being an excellent teacher. I cannot express enough how much I agree! Ms. Melanie and her aide, Kim, are absolutely this most loving, caring teachers any adult could ask for! Their class is for children on the Autism spectrum. My grand daughter has grown so much under the caring instructions of these two wonderful ladies. The school itself is a well run school with a wonderful principal. They keep parents very informed and school activities are well planned. I am very happy with this school.

Posted March 11, 2015
Lockhurst is my home school and I was wavering as to whether or not have my children attend there just because there are so many great schools within 3 miles of my home. I'm SO glad I chose Lockhurst. The teachers are amazing and the community feel at the school is great. It's a very small school with caring parents who are very down to Earth. I highly recommend Lockhurst!

Posted March 11, 2015
We have a student at Lockhurst and have been thrilled with her experience there. She began with Mrs. Chang who gave her a stellar foundation in K. She also has had Mrs. Siegel who is energetic, caring, and we have seen our child thrive in her teaching atmosphere. The PTSA is involved and has contributed additional PE classes and a computer lab where the kids learn essential skills. We live in the neighborhood and feel thankful to have such a quality school so close to home!

Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary 2

Posted July 17, 2014
With the exception of a very few good teachers, this is not a good school at all. Too much bullying by students and by the staff.

Posted June 13, 2014
Lockhurst is extended family. The teachers are strong, yet loving. I am extremely fortunate to have children that attend Lockhurst! A truly talented faculty!

Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary 4

Posted May 28, 2014
I think school experience largely depends on the teacher. I have had experience with two teachers since we've started going to this school. The teachers are caring and kids like them. Some teachers are more organized in their daily routines, some less. That also depends on the amount of parent involvement and volunteering. My kids like going to this school. There is no perfect school that satisfies every parent's and child's expectations and wishes. Overall, I am satisfied with this school. As far as some of the complaints about administrative staff in other posts, I can say that I have only had positive experiences. They have been courteous and responsive to my questions and needs. The principal has been responsive to emails that I have sent as well.

Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary 1

Posted May 12, 2014
I am counting the days that my kid will be finished at this school. The administrative staff is not a big proponent for the kids - it is all very political and evasive. The only capable and rational individual in this school is the Assistant Principal. The majority of the teachers are apathetic and disorganized. My kid is autistic, and I've seen her development slip backwards due to the poor care and poor education that is provided in this school. I have even been made aware by other students that she's been yelled at. It's simply not a good environment at this school.

Posted May 07, 2014
Lockhurts is a very good school. The kindergarten teacher amazing, and very dedicated to the education and social skills to each kid. I really appreciate the endless patience to my daughter's communications issues. I recommended very high this school.

Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary
6170 Lockhurst Drive, Woodland Hills, CA  91367
Last modified Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lockhurst Drive Charter Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 94 reviews. Top