Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Woodland Hills Charter Academy
Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 23, 2016
I ran into the kids from this school after school throughout the last year and they are incredibly disrespectful to staff and other patrons in the shop I was in. It's sad and embarrassing to think that some of the kids from the school my child went to all year had older siblings at this school with such poor behavior. It made me decide that those kids should not be my child's friends and not to send my child to this middle school when the time comes no matter what. It even made me question where my child was headed at their current school that sends so many kids here. These kids are being failed somewhere.

Posted August 04, 2014
Terrible School! Racial problems not sure why I'm paying high rents to live in warner center only for students in Canoga Park to attend the same school. Ms Likes (Dean) needs training. Simply said she's a bully to parents that don't agree with her. I'm not sure if she has kids but something with this dean is a miss. I really feel the district she fire her she untrainable.

Posted May 19, 2014
Being a student in the seventh grade here myself, I have first-hand experience with the teachers, staff, and students. Racial segregation is a huge problem at this school, and certain races are considered superior over others, which can really hurt certain people who have no control over their skin color or background. The teachers here aren't all bad, some of my personal favorites being Mrs Heller, Mrs. Hodes, and Mrs. Loew. However, many teachers seem to have no idea what they're doing. In conclusion, I believe that this school has tremendous amounts of far more than necessary improvement to be done.

Posted April 28, 2014
WHA academy is great school.great teatchers. Great staff. I'm alwyes welcome in the school any time deuring school time I like how the teachers on the top of everything and no kids behind My daughter in high honor and her teacher alwyes send me a message to let me know what they are doing and what next I love WHA. And I'm happy that's my child go there I feel save. Great job WHA keep it up we love you

Posted February 04, 2014
My child is an Honor Student at WHA. I am very involved with school committees and have met many administrators, parents and teachers. In my experience, and based on what my child has told me, the negative rumors about this being a "bad" or "dangerous" school are not true. The Dean is great and does not tolerate any poor behavior. There are plenty of staff on site monitoring the campus, bathrooms, hallways, lunch areas, etc. Safety, academics, and an overall well being of the students in a positive environment appears to be the concern of the school. I have been on campus before, during and after school, and there are always plenty of adult personnel on site. I have never witnessed any unusual problems and the children I have interacted with have all been polite and friendly. I would recommend parents taking a tour and speaking with other parents, administrators and staff before listening to false rumors about this school. I would also invite parents to attend an ELAC, SSC, or Friends of WHA meeting, as well, to get other parents opinions about their experience with this school.

Posted December 31, 2013
WHA is our home school and to be honest, at first I had my doubts as many parents from our community tend to transfer out of the district or go to private school. However, my daughter LOVES it. She is in High Honors classes and enjoys taking the music classes they offer. I am so glad we decided to send her there. It is nice that it is so close to where we live as well. She has made many new friends.

Posted November 08, 2013
As a member of the LGBT community and of Hispanic descent, I have been discriminated and berated by the administration at this school at every opportunity. There are some good but the 'bad eggs' that do exist are extremely negative individuals. Admin personnel, especially the new dean, are very hostile to "my kind" (as she put it) and the off-hand comments to other staff/students as well as the obvious discrimination have caused my two children to also have a disgust for this institution although thanks to those few decent teachers (which they happen to have) they continue to excel. Unless of course your straight and white then you'll be just fine.

Posted August 29, 2013
My child is not the best academically but strives for it. This school has allowed him to do his best, with dedicated teachers in spite of an IEP. He is at grade level in all topics due to their continual dedication for those children that need just a little more to help them.

Posted June 11, 2013
I have been going here since 6th grade and I'm going into 8th grade next year. I love this school and personally think its best in the area. This school has involved teachers and great learning programs. Its an educational and rewarding experience.

Posted August 12, 2012
My granddaughter has attended WHA for 6th grade and has had two of the greatest teachers. If I ever needed any information they responded sooner tthan 24 hours. We could always see her progress on line at Jupiter Grades and keep up with everything. The office staff has always been very helpful especially the 6th grade counselor. She is now getting ready for 7th grade and I know she will be just as happy.

Woodland Hills Charter Academy
20800 Burbank Boulevard, Woodland Hills, CA  91367-6811
Last modified Woodland Hills Charter Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.