Public charter
Woodland Hills, CA

William Howard Taft Senior High School 2

Posted October 28, 2014
I got a call at work from 1 of the Asst. Principals informing me that my child was in the office inappropriately dressed & that this was the 2nd time. She put the child on the phone & when I asked the child to elaborate, the child hung up. I was shocked. I immediately left work headed to the school. I called the Asst. Principal back to see if my child was still in the office. She advised me that they had made a mistake & that it WAS NOT my child & that they had called the wrong parent! She never called me back to let me know that! Then she nonchalantly informed me that my child was pulled into the office earlier, out of her Honors/AP class, searched & questioned, concerning a stolen phone that was tracked back to our address. But the school never bothered to call me about that! After I arrived at the school, very upset, the school police finally told me it was not my actual address, it was just the general area that the phone was tracked to! I checked the address in the attendance office. It was the wrong address listed in the system for my child! One of the Principals spoke to me over the phone like it was no big deal & gave me the rudest apology! NO CLASS TAFT!!!

William Howard Taft Senior High School 3

Posted August 18, 2014
Taft is good school. Academically, it's better if you're in AP or Honors classes. The general ed classes are okay just the students are different; tend to be disrespectful, irritating, and ignorant. Taft is a big school, so there's a lot students. It's culturally diverse. Just hang out with the right crowd and you'll be good!

Posted August 22, 2013
Taft has been fantastic! All three of my children have attended Taft. Two of my children have graduated with honors and now attending college, I still have one at Taft and she is a senior and looking forward to a wonderful year and off to college as well. I believe it depends on the student and family on how well they do at Taft, too many parents blame the school or teachers when their child doesn't do well or don't fit in. All three of my children did well academically and were also very involved in sports and the clubs offered at Taft. I do have to say that cosmetically Taft has a long way to go and I hope by the time my senior graduates the school construction will have ended. Thanks Taft!!!

Posted August 22, 2013
Taft gets better and better every year. I have a junior and a freshman and just in the past 2 years, the school has improved in so many ways. My kids are very different, yet Taft offers enough choices for them both to find their niche. They have met good friends, performed outstandingly on all AP exams, and are involved in meaningful extracurriculars that make them excited to go to school.

Posted July 19, 2013
Pretty safe and you actually learn a lot. It's nothing like what you hear from other people about danger and low education. Teachers follow the standards and help you out. There is a decent amount of security and you feel safe on school grounds.

William Howard Taft Senior High School 1

Posted December 27, 2012
Taft high school...It's reputation is enough to tell you to send your kid anywhere but here. You may have heard rumors--and, in many cases, rumors are usually untrue. However, the ones about Taft are indeed fully true, to my disappointment. In addition to the decapitated physical state of the school, the whole environment of intense, regular, everyday violence is more than enough to want to leave after just a few days enrolled. There are some friends I have made, but I am indeed willing to leave them behind if it means getting out of here. And the curriculum is a joke -- give me a break, Taft. Even your AP courses aren't up to scale with other schools' REGULAR courses. I can only hope to leave this place one day.. I see other kids bullied and tossed around in additional to the daily/weekly school fights between the many students of ethnic backgrounds and again can only hope the many problems of Taft High School are solved in the near future so that another student who is forced into the hopeless district of Los Angeles Unified will not be exposed into William Howard Taft High School.

Posted September 07, 2012
This was a great school to attend and I recommend it to any parent who's looking to send their child/children to a school with a bright future ahead of them. :)

Posted February 27, 2012
I am a current student of this wonderful High School, I love it here, I have all honors level and AP level courses. Teachers actually care for you and don't leave you helpless, unless we are talking about the Science Department. I must say I never in my entire life had the worst teacher teaching me Honors Chemistry. That is pretty much 95% of my peers opinion. Sadly the Administration has not really took notice the problem, but other than that this school is a great experience!

Posted November 10, 2010
I said ten years ago I wouldn't send my child to TAFT, and thank you today TAFT for proving me wrong. What an awesome High School and my daughter has great caring teachers and many great memories of the school so far. The Principal is great and very responsive. Don't listen to the unhappy student below there is always one whiner in the bunch! great job taft.

Posted October 15, 2010
Taft is a great school with a diverse student population. Taft graduates are college bound, well-rounded citizens of character.

William Howard Taft Senior High School
5461 Winnetka Avenue, Woodland Hills, CA  91364
Last modified William Howard Taft Senior High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Howard Taft Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top