Posted March 26, 2015
We love Woodlake, we love the teachers and the PTA. This is our second year in Woodlake. My son loves going to school every morning. He shares many great stories about what happens at school. He loves his teacher. Our daughter is going to join Woodlake for kindergarten this year. We are excited, she is excited. Woodlake has strong PTA and they are very dedicated and well organized. We are a firm believer that a good school starts with good PTA.

Posted March 26, 2015
I love this school! My son has been going since Kindergarten and is now in 4th grade and my daughter started this year in Kindergarten. The teachers are fantastic! Both of my children are doing very well. The school events are fun for both the kid's and the parents! My favorite is always the Monster Bash Halloween event in which I often bake items to be sold and my husband is the photographer at the photo booth. It really is a super fun event! When I hear of parent's looking for a school for the children I always recommend Woodlake!

Posted March 25, 2015
Phenomenal School. Great teachers, very strong PTA, excellent academic program that caters to needs of different kids, plentiful and great art education, fantastic extra curriculars, lots of events that put fun into learning, and a tight nit community that is welcoming and diverse. If you are looking for a well-rounded education and a nurturing environment for your child, you have found the place. Only catch: you are expected to be involved in your child's academic and social education! Good news is, there are many different ways and opportunities to be involved, even for this single parent who works full time and makes little dough.
5 people found this helpful

Posted March 24, 2015
I've been a parent of two children at Woodlake for two years and it's an excellent school! The teachers are fantastic and provide constant feedback, which allows you to partner in your child's success. The parents are extremely welcoming, helpful, and very involved in their child's education and making sure there is no child left behind. The folks that volunteer their time are wonderful, patient, and very knowledgeable! This is an excellent school with some of the best teachers and parent groups anyone could wish for!
6 people found this helpful

Posted March 24, 2015
Both my kids have attended this school from Kindergarten and we just love it! It seems to get better by the year & we are blessed that both of our sons enjoy every moment spent there, as well as loved all of their teachers.

Posted March 23, 2015
I've been a parent at this school for 5 years. I had a child in private school before coming to Woodlake. The biggest difference is parent involvement. There was very limited volunteering and none in the classrooms at private school. Woodlake has so many volunteering opportunities on and off campus. I've met so many great families at this school. As a single parent, I've got so much support at this school, it's truly amazing the network of parents and teachers that are willing to help. One of my favorite things about Woodlake is the diversity. There are new teachers at the school that are young and have brought an incredible energy to Woodlake. The teachers as well as office staff are very involved with all of the PTSA and school events, which has been a great way to get to know new families. Woodlake offers a great art, PE and choral program which my children really enjoy. Both of my children love this school and for me, it's like a home away from home. I look forward to new school year and more good years to come!
3 people found this helpful

Woodlake Elementary Community Charter School 4

Posted March 23, 2015
Woodlake is a great community school with lots of extra activities for the kids and so many great ways for parents and families to get involved. We recently switched from another LAUSD school when we moved last year and the school made both my kids feel at home. Families at the school are encouraging and welcoming and my children's teachers have helped them to excel at their studies. Great school!

Posted March 19, 2015
So what's up with the reviews? A history: This school used to have a great principal loved by teachers and parents and students alike, who retired 3 years ago. He was replaced by a principal that proved very unpopular for a variety of reasons. After 2 and 1/2 years of parent and teacher complaints, the Superintendent visited the campus to see things for himself. He made recommendations (such as not closing gates on students and making them go around to the office, and improvement of communication with parents). His instructions were not followed, and it became apparent that relationships would not improve. Decision was made to move the principal, as well as a teacher that had been source of complaints. The teacher is already gone. Principal will be moved at the end of the school year. Governance council and committees are revising school policies, and will be involved in choosing the next principal. This time, references will be thoroughly checked to ensure a good match for our Charter School and Community! Parents continue to be active participants in their children's education, teachers continue to be dedicated, and fun and reasonable rules are back.
10 people found this helpful

Posted March 12, 2015
The kids at the school tend to be nicer, more polite, and more accepting of different kinds of kids than I have seen and heard about at other schools. They also seem to be dressed in an age-appropriate fashion and be interested in age-appropriate things. I feel that they are a good influence on my kids. The community of the parents and the hard working PTSA are the best thing about this school. The office and janitorial staff are nice and hard working. The teachers range from good to great, with the lone bad teacher in Kindergarten finally gone. The district finally listened and the terrible principal who was ruining our experience is being removed. The parents and teachers will be making the hiring decision for the next principal, so that makes us happy & hopeful. The principal the school had before the terrible principal was great and beloved, and one like him would make us very very happy. To the snarky post by one of 3 lone fans of the current principal: Really, any non-tyrant person who does not repeatedly lie to parents, teachers, and students will make us happy. PS. It was Superintendent Cortines who ordered that gates temporarily stay open till 8:30, not the parents.
21 people found this helpful

Woodlake Elementary Community Charter School 1

Posted March 06, 2015
Woodlake would be a good school to attend if some of the teachers would do their job and teach and parents would send their kids to school to learn. However, the parents here at woodlake want to run the school the way they want. I don't believe any principal is going to be good enough for this school. The principal is very caring toward the children it's the parents who have the issues with her. When the most important thing is how our children are. These are the same parents who now have our gates open until 8:30 when our school begins at 8:00.
3 people found this helpful

Woodlake Elementary Community Charter School
23231 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA  91367
Last modified Woodlake Elementary Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodlake Elementary Community Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 104 reviews. Top