Bad
Good

Lee Middle School 2

Posted August 29, 2013
Lee Middle School is not the only school that is having trouble teaching and disciplining students. Some kids today think they are entitled. The "You Owe Me" attitude, lack of respect and poor manners is prominent. It appears to me that we need to get back to basics and support teaching reading, writing and arithmetic, and learning phonics. These four things are so important to the success of a child. We all need to refocus. Parent involvement is key to more respect for others. I have seen many young people walk down the street and have no problem spitting on the sidewalk or cussing, not caring who may see or hear them. Morals, Ethics, and Values need to be reinforced at home. So to blame the school is not entirely appropriate. Parents need to take more responsibility; "Is my child keeping up as best as their ability allows? Of course there are two sides to every story, but the lack of money the government provides has limited the success of our children, and we have no one to blame but ourselves; We voted for these people. No teacher should have to use their own money to buy supplies. Teachers most important task is how they can best teach the students of today.

Lee Middle School 4

Posted August 10, 2013
It makes me sad to see some of these reviews. I have worked at a few different schools over the years, and the staff at Lee is by far the hardest working, most dedicated I've encountered. This school is struggling under the weight of NCLB, huge amounts of English learners, and poor funding. As a teacher there, I spend thousands of my own money every year just to keep my students supplied with paper, binders, pencils, etc. This school needs the following in order to make real improvement: a centralized discipline plan, more parent involvement, more funding for teacher collaboration, updated texts, a stable administration. Do I take some of the blame? Yes, of course. But everyone who is involved with this school wants the same thing - excellence. Parents, if you want Lee to change, get involved. Visit the school. Get to know the teachers and admin. Talk to your kids. Read their assignments, books, etc. Work with the staff rather than accuse them of incompetence.

Posted December 23, 2012
I was a student there and it's horrible!!! The teachers treated us like elementary students punishing the class because of one person, not making the students eat fruits and vegetables, most of my friends couldn't eat because they had no money! The p.e. exercises were bad because the teachers don't watch you. Teachers don't know how to stay calm and Louie doesn't know how to keep his hands to himself. I recommend to go to anyother school then this one.

Lee Middle School 5

Posted November 18, 2010
Everyone rating 1 star are parents and are not in Lee. Ive see many things some parents are saying here... Someone said Lee pushes 7th graders to 8th grade if they fail... My friend got 3 F and he was in 7th for another year... another thing is that the school has improved in the CST by +25 points every year since 2006. One more thing is that in Lee they have 3 rooms of special education. and lastly LEE IS THE BEST SCHOOL.... AND PARENTS WHO DONT LIKE THIS SCHOOL IS BECAUSE THEY DONT ATTEND TO THE SCHOOL :)

Posted March 07, 2010
I am shocked to see that Lee receives as high a reating as it does. The school teachs at a sub-standard level. The lack creativity in their methos. For students that have learning challenges they place them in resource classes that is sapposed to improve their performance. They get extra funding for this however, the school fails to improve the students abilities and in my opinion just warhouses them doing dummied down work repetitively. They school is not help to measurable goals. Usually the teachers and administration blames the child for failing instead of taking responsibility to realy connect with this child and get them excited about learning. The adiministration is at fault for not taking the initiative to imporve and create more effective methods of learning. Lee is not about the students but about the politics, money and protecting the current regeim. Lee contributes to high drop out rates.

Posted October 07, 2008
this school is a freaking joke. Getting an A in this school is perhaps the equivalent of getting a C somewhere else. Makes your kid think that their doing great when in reality, once they hit the real world, they'll get a good pounding with actual competitive students.

Lee Middle School 5

Posted February 23, 2008
It is a very cool school. I enjoy going every single day. Our school is ran by a easy to talk to smart and very helpful principle who attends all school functions Mr. Garth Lewis. And our vice principal Ms. Gouphner. This school is disiplend very fairly and to keep fights from happening for extra saftey we have two ver kind security gaurds, who are loved by the students. There is Martha who is very easy to find, since she is always in one of her croshayed items. And there is Louie who is always being a friend to our students in a tough way. We love our dances since we have the best of fun. I will love this school for all eternity a loving student.

Posted January 08, 2008
The academics and fair treatment of students is so poor at this school I was forced to place my son in a private school. They haven't a clue as to how to teach a child with a different learning style that means the teachers may have to get creative. If you don't fit into their mold you are not going to do well. Especially when you are being taught by some of the teaching staff that obviously favor the students that are of the same ethnicity by using terms of endearment in their native language....this is, in my opinion, is damaging and hurtful to the other students in the class who are made to feel less important. Wake up Woodland school administrators....aren't you ashamed of the ratings your schools are receiving?

Lee Middle School 4

Posted January 06, 2008
This is a school that deeply cares about the children and their safety at school. Unfortunately, that is not weighted against academic excellence in my opinion. There is a lot of busy work and loss of time, in my opinion. There seems to be a sense of hopelessness in the staff that trickels down.

Lee Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2007
Love the teachers but the disciplinary system is slightly contorted to face the side of the administration

Lee Middle School
520 West Street, Woodland, CA  95695-3798
Last modified Lee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lee Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top