Posted July 23, 2013
I am a parent and my child has attended SVHS for the past 2 yrs she will graduate this coming year. I heard very negative things about this school before arriving at Fort Irwin but I must admit after allowing my child to give the school a chance I have been pleased. The staff are great the principle responds to calls and cares about each child. This is a small school so I have been more than pleased. They offer plenty of honor classes which my daughter takes. Discipline and structure start at home! I have another child coming from The middle school on post at fort Irwin also great school good parent involvement these schools are what the patents and children make them!

Posted August 06, 2012
I am a former student of Silver Valley High School I graduated this year with honors and was accepted into UCR. As a freshmen among my class more than 50% accepted into college both in and out and state. Our Valedictorian was accepted to Berkeley. And while I had my ups and and downs like all high school students I have always considered myself lucky to not have gone to the closer Barstow High School. In the end I think students in high school need to take responsibility for their own education.

Silver Valley High School 1

Posted February 09, 2012
Re:To the parent who posted January 9, 2010: The teachers do not go out of the way to help students. The teachers are rude, and very few will help you out if you miss a day. My son was an A student when he came here, then he came here. Several teachers say it's not their responsability to help the student make up work they missed, when we very well know that's exactly their responsability. The school here is also academically behind all other schools. My son has had 3 friends who were seniors who all moved, and when they moved, they had to go back a greade because they didnt have all the credits they needed for those other schools. The only 2 poeple that we have anything good to say about at that school is the counceler, Mrs. Everly and the history teacher Mr. Tannis. Otherwise the staff is rude and the principle does nothing at that school, not even when threats are made, and the lady at the front desk, Mrs. Rachel is very rude to students and parents. If you come to live on Fort Irwin, your best choice would to have your kid do the homeschooling offered oin post where they can get a decent education.

Silver Valley High School 1

Posted January 29, 2012
This is by far the worst school my child has ever attended. We are a military family and are used to schools that are not that great. This school is very anti-military. The teachers tell the kids they don't like the military and are just there to get a paycheck. There is no leadership from the principle either. He is just there, he does not return phone calls or emails. My daughter only went here for 1 year. We then put her into the Mojave River Academy on post. This is a free charter school. It was wonderful and my daughter graduated 1 year early. She also took college courses while attending this school. She is now in college in tx.

Silver Valley High School 3

Posted October 31, 2010
Dear Readers, Silver Valley High School has many flaws and many achievements. Initially, an education is only given to those who strive for it. Students who sit in classrooms lackadasically or fall asleep during class are opted as "failures" and are not receiving the focus they need to bloom. If a class is progressing, the progression will have to stop due to numerous classroom disruptions or students claiming they dont understand the topic. Another thing is that sports are the only after- school club that is currently available other than tutoring/ mathletes. The prinicipal and vice- principal are excellent, and both take care of behavioral/ moral issues alike. Yet, as a student, I cannot honestly tell if the counseling department is the exact same. During my visits, I have been greeted warmly and have been helped through, but other students tell me otherwise. Only 2 AP classes, total 8 students.

Posted January 09, 2010
That's a shame that you are having such a bad time. My 2 sons and daughter graduated from Silver Valley. I know for a fact that the teachers there went out of their way to help students. My son went to after school tutoring and it was very helpful for him. The staff actually knows most of the students there unlike Barstow or Hisperia. There isn't any gang activity there that I knew of. I can't believe that you are only given one chance then you are on your own. Their are rules in place for students to make up work. There must be a reason why you were not allowed to make up yours. My son was in the band and he learned a lot from what I know and the guitar program is miles ahead of Barstows. Our daughter still plays her's today because she enjoys it so much.

Silver Valley High School 0

Posted January 08, 2010
I moved here from a big city into little ole silver valley,and i absolutly knew that the change was going to be drastic,and very different.But that doesnt exclude it from being such a bad place.The teachers are rude and they dont care about the students.They give you one try and if you dont make it the first time they dont let you make the work up,know that you may be failing or close to failing and the best thing they can do is send you to after school tutoring which is ran by a french and algebra teacher.Probably the only two that actually give there time to helping the students.The music program that the have is horrible.They dont have an actual band,the choir is a joke,they have no orchestra,and the only instument that they actually half teach would be the guitar. Dont send your child there!

Silver Valley High School 0

Posted September 25, 2009
I think Silver Valley is a really good school. They aren't quite what they were when my oldest son went there. But they still have some of the best teachers that I have ever seen.

Silver Valley High School 5

Posted May 18, 2009

Silver Valley High School 5

Posted April 01, 2009
When we first got here I was afraid the school was going to be a bad place for my freshman daughter...But all worries are unsubstantiated because this small school is managed well and the kids (mine is in all AP classes) get a VERY good academic education. The teachers go above and beyond what is required and our daughter is extremely happy here. Due to limited funding, this school cannot offer the extent of extracurricular activities and the liberal arts program is extremely small, but the academics are great...

Silver Valley High School
35484 Daggett/Yermo Road, Yermo, CA  92398
Last modified Silver Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.