No rating

St. Francis Of Assisi

Private | K-8 | 413 students

We are best known for faith filled community.

Living in Yorba Linda

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $507,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,110.

Posted November 20, 2013

My daughter transferred from a well-respected public elementary school to St. Francis in 5th grade. We left public schools for various reasons, including classroom size and mean behavior among the kids. St. Francis is not only a warm and nurturing environment for our daughter, but it is actually academically ahead of where she left off in public school. The English curriculum is outstanding and the teachers and administration have been the best I have ever seen. No more "teaching to the test" for public school Star Testing. They actually test in the fall to determine what the kids need to work on the most throughout the year. They also offer an in-school athletic department that is awesome, as well as a weekly music class and band. Kids who need extra help get assistance from specialized teachers and the other kids do not pick on them because they need extra help. I cannot say enough good things about this school and what the entire school community has done for our daughter.

Posted June 7, 2013

St. Francis is an amazing faith filled community. The teachers, administration & parents are so welcoming. We've been at SFA for 4 years. My children love going to school and spending the day with their teachers & friends. The teachers CARE about your children. They make learning FUN! The confidence & assurance I feel sending my children to such an incredible school community is priceless. We have built life long friendships that will stay with us.

Posted April 14, 2013

It's odd, but I actually enjoy going to school everyday. The teachers are incredibly caring and understanding. The students are very caring of each other for the most part. We have formed unbreakable bonds with each other and I highly recommend this school being an 8th grader here.

Posted January 29, 2013

This is our first year here at St Francis of Assisi, and we know our child is in the right place! We came from a public school in the area. Our child is now in an environment where education, faith, security and the goal of helping your child develope and do their best is seen in every aspect of members of this community. The principle, admin, teachers and other families are amazing.

Posted January 29, 2013

An amazing educational experience for our child! The teachers, staff and principals are 100%dedication to the students and their families. Whats even better, the parents are in 100% support of the school and invest their time and efforts and energy to prove it. This is the best switch from the local public school this year for us. Our child loves it and is thriving in the smaller class sizes, and feels safe , secure, loves learning in this faith based environment. Thank you St. Francis of Assisi!

Posted January 26, 2013

A terrible school. The teachers don't know how to teach or efficiently communicate with parents. The administration is terrible and thinks it's doing you a favor everytime you ask for something. Academics are clearly lacking. The curriculum is very easy and projects are so simple, a 5 year old could do them.

Posted August 27, 2012

My Son goes to this school and as Yorba Linda has a very good public school district we had to make a choice and after the school year, I would say that we are absolutely impressed. This school has the perfect environment , amazing staff and great teachers. We are glad to be a part of SFA family.

Posted April 5, 2012

My 6 year old loves SFA! In the beginning I felt it was just a regular school that allows prayer and teaches religion. It wasn't until after I joined a moms group in Orange County and met several moms with 6 year old daughters, that I was AMAZED with SFA! With these moms, I would have get togethers and our girls would work on their homework. Two of the girls went to public school and my daughter and another went to private. To make a long story short my daughter was helping the other girls with their work and reading books to them to pass time. My daughter was a prek graduate of Tutor Time and began Kindergarten without knowing how to pronounce or spell or anything. Now she is in 1st grade and reading over 3rd grade level. I'm no super mom, I don't sit with her and read to her like I should, but with 2 other ittle one's its hard to draw attention to only one. I believe from the dedication of teachers and staff at SFA, they truly tought her all she knows. Honestly, I really had no idea how much she progressed until we exposed her to other children her age from other schools, both private and public. I was truly impressed and grateful to SFA and so proud of my daughter.

Posted January 22, 2012

My daughter just started attending this year. It has been an amazing experience for her and for us as parents. Her teacher is outstanding, the staff is amazing, it has just been a great experience.

Posted January 18, 2012

SFA is an all-encompassing, nurturing environment. With the guidance of all SFA faculty and staff, our children have developed into concerned, intuitive and intelligent community members. Thank God our family is fortunate to be able to be a part of this tight-knit community.

Posted January 11, 2012

We have been part of SFA since 2004. Our children have been nurtured spiritually and academically from day one. They live their Catholic identity and experience Christ's immense love daily . We are grateful to be part of such a wonderful school, where they can celebrate their faith.

Posted January 11, 2012

This is a great school. They are teaching much more than academics. They are teaching values and social responsibility. We are extremely happy with the quality of education our child is receiving. The families are welcoming and it feels like a small town. Grateful that our son's attends! And our son is proud to go to St.Francis!

Posted January 4, 2012

Can't say enough great stuff about this school. We have such a rich community teachers, staff, administration and families and of course students. If you want a great education, a very spiritually filled Catholic environment, a community of families that is always there for each other, and students who put others first....then St. Francis of Assisi Yorba Linda is the place for you. I know it is for our family.

Posted December 18, 2011

Our family has been part of the St. Francis community for over 12 years and I'm so grateful! My children have received not only one of the finest educational experiences, but also we have all been fed spiritually. From the teachers, staff. priests, all the way through the families there is goodness!

Posted December 17, 2011

We have been part of this amazing school for 3 years! Amazing teachers who genuinely care about the students and love what they do!

Posted December 16, 2011

We are a family of four kids and have been a part of the St. Francis family for 7 years. We continue to feel blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of such an amazing community. The teachers are super involved and give the children the attention that is expected in a small classroom setting. They are a fine example of how to live a faith filled life on a daily basis. I truly feel that being at this school has given my husband, children and I the grand opportunity to meet an over whelming amount of beautiful people committed to raising their children to excel morally and academically.

Posted December 15, 2011

I have been a Saint Francis parent for ten years and I am thrilled with the faith based education my children have received. I believe that they are better prepared than most for high school. My children look forward to school and have built wonderful friendships with fellow students. The teachers care about their students academic as well as social skills. They have given my children wonderful foundations to build upon.

Posted December 15, 2011

We have been St. Francis parents for 2 years and have been extremely happy! Everyone is warm, friendly and truly care about all of the children. The teachers are superb and our principal has amazing leadership skills. St. Francis is a family that we are thrilled to be part of for the next 8 years to come!

Posted December 14, 2011

My granddaughter loves this school. She is in kindergarten and the teacher is very attentive to her needs. The classes are small enough so that there is good interaction between the child and teacher and there is also a teacher's aide in the class as well. It is a pleasure to wake her up in the morning and have her excited because it is a school day.

Posted December 14, 2011

St. Francis of Assisi Yorba Linda is a wonderful faith based, community oriented, academically sound place of learning. The campus is beautiful and the teachers, staff and parents are terrific. We have been at the school for the last 9 years and will be there for another 5. We could attend another Catholic school closer to home, but this is the place for us!

Asian or Pacific Islander 10% 11%

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Mr. Thomas Waszak
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (714) 695-3704

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Orange

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Servite