Posted June 20, 2014
In the past we were extremely happy with sending our kids to FCS. However, the decline is apparent. Not only scholastically, but also with recent changes within the administration. Favoritism is a common thread at this school leaving some of the kids feeling left out, picked on, labeled and inadequate. It doesn't seem to reflect what true Christian values are all about. We are looking at other schools and may or may not make a change. I never thought we would ever be looking at other options, that is how much FCS has declined over the years.

Posted June 14, 2014
I wish I could say wonderful things about this school. It used to be one of the top schools in the area. The repetitive statements from the administration, "this is the first time I've heard about this issue", is untruthful and disappointing. Parents have been coming forward for years regarding the academic issues and this is the response we get. It would be beneficial if they admitted to the shortcomings and addressed the issues at hand. My prayers are that they will be strong enough to do what is necessary to once again be a strong Christian school for our community.

Posted April 21, 2014
My child attended this school and I have two issues. First unless you attend the church, your child will be somewhat of an outcast. Favoritism is shown to members of their own church. Secondly, my child graduated from this school academically behind. My child was in all the honors classes that were offered here and graduated at the top of the class. We were beyond shocked to find out that we now needed to hire a tutor to bring my child up to par. The pomp and circumstance that this school presents with their programs and activities is deceiving. The academic issues have been brought up to the administration and have not been addressed based on nepotism and funding issues. Maybe they should consider hiring the best teacher instead of a church member or family member. they might want to look at the current curriculum and where they fall short. I know they have added a robotics program which is a wonderful addition. However, it might have been better use of funding to address the curriculum issues that affect all the students rather than add another extracurricular activity.

Posted May 27, 2013
After transferring our two children to Friends School (Lakeview campus) after three years at another private school, I have to say that Friends truly is a special place. Where else do you get extremely passionate teachers that are more than qualified in the areas they teach, and a concerted effort on the 'whole' child and encouraging them individually. The community of parents is supportive and such a great environment to have our kids at. We are extremely pleased.

Posted February 20, 2013
I had children attend this school and they were prepared "morally" to enter the real world. Academically speaking, they were a little behind what the children were being taught in other local schools. This would be a great school in all areas if they could bring their academic programs up to par. They also need to employ strong teachers instead of hiring from their "family."

Posted March 16, 2012
I have 2 children currently enrolled in the FCS system, (one at the Lakeview campus and one at the Rose Drive campus) and couldn't be more pleased with the challenging curriculum, positive and safe environment, encouraging and supportive faculty & staff and involved administration. I feel truly blessed that the Lord led our family to this amazing school. I am impressed with the "Meet the Masters" program, which teaches students about all kinds of art, such as Impressionism, along with detailed biographies about the artists...in fact, I often learn quite a bit about artists such as Matisse, Renoir, Kahlo, Monet, Picasso, Degas, and countless more through my children, which makes me a very proud parent! Not only do I appreciate the wonderfully eclectic and stimulating courses offered at FCS; but more importantly, the Christian curriculum goes beyond Bible classes and chapel, it is displayed through the teachers, who genuinely love to teach and strive to help the students succeed and to learn more about what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Also, students are taught to respect one another, help and encourage each other; open communication is key! Love FCS!

Posted April 07, 2010
My son is having a great experience, both spiritually and academically at Friends Middle School. He has attended since 1st grade and is now in 7th. Very well rounded and caring staff.

Friends Christian School 0

Posted September 22, 2009
My son graduated from friends christian middle school and just started High School. It was the best decision i have ever made to send him to FCMS.

Posted October 26, 2008

Posted March 13, 2008

Friends Christian School
4231 Rose Drive, Yorba Linda, CA  92886
Last modified Friends Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Friends Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top