Bad
Good

Lakeview has a great special education program and I am very thankful to the teachers and staff that are part of the overall ASPIRE team. My child has seen great improvement as a result of the support and genuine care from the school staff. Thank you!!

My child started kindergarten this year and is in Mrs. T's class. I think Mrs. T is a wonderful, caring teacher and my child looks forward to going to class. The school itself is very new and modern. Parents are encouraged to volunteer. Teacher uses positive reinforcement. My one concern is the academics. At other schools in other districts, for instance, students in kindergarten have weekly spelling quizzes. At this school there are no spelling quizzes and the weekly homework assignments are, in my opinion, too easy. My child is given books to read that are two levels below what my child is capable of reading. I'd suggest that students with more advanced capabilities (i.e. older students who, but for their birthday, should have been placed in 1st grade v. kindergarten) be given more challenging homework and in class assignments.

If you don't mind your child bringing home decent grades but not TRULY learning anything. This school is for you!!! Parent volunteers DO MOST of the work. Teachers are afraid to voice any negative progress hence parents may stop donating gift cards, supplies or help in class. Many good teachers here have become complacent, lazy & spoil by the Abundance of help from parent volunteers. I have been a room parent here for 5 years & is fed up with this school. The constant excuses the teachers give, like class sizes, lack of $$$. I transfer my child to a MAgnet program at Golden. She is thriving & soaring with confidant because she is so happy to be finally be learning & challenged. I used to love this school but see the downgrade over the past 3 years. Maybe it is us parents' fault that we do too much, turning this school into a place where teachers stop doing their job well:(Kids become dumber here if they stay long enough bc teachers don't really care as long as they test well. They review the test a few days before, they score high. then forget the following week. Not a good strategy and very poor study skills that won't take them far in life.

Let's face it, Lakeview does not have an environment where intelligences are carefully cultivated. Lakview has issues, just like all public schools in the area- over crowded classrooms, combo classes, very limited p.e, art and music, furlough days... Hence, we parents have to help our kids succeed in the public school system. You can't let your kids fall behind. We have to accept the public school reality and be willing to put in the effort to help our children reach full potential. Otherwise, if we had the money, our kids would all be going to a stellar private school.

I used to like this school but not anymore. Teachers are very lazy. They just relied on parent helpers to check the homework without even take a look. As a parent I wonder if the teacher doesn't care how the homework done why the kids need to care. the worse part is that some teachers even don't care about the test result.... For me the teacher should review with the kids if they don't understand the concept. but, at here... I don't see any teacher does that. again parent helper grade everything ,maybe the teacher record it... then, return to the kids... that's it..... Someone in this school or school district needs to do something .......

This is our third year at ths school. First year, we had a great teacher, second year, the teacher was good, but not great. This year, I am just not happy at all. Parents volunteers are great, but teachers completely relying on parents checking homeworks without even taking a look? FOUR weeks before the school ends, my son's teacher stopped giving homeworks, isn't it too early to send children into thier vacation mind sets? Teachers are spoiled by the massive parents' volunteers, they are just doing thier minmum required. It is also very difficult to communicate with the principal. I just don't feel that the school cares for my children!!

This school is EXCELLENT. I have a second grader and a kindergartner and have been extremely pleased with the quality of instruction, activities, and academic standards. This school nicely balances fun activities for children with top notch instruction. The parents are very involved and the PTA is great. The new Principal has proven to be terrific and really committed to enhancing the schools already stellar reputation. Plus the school is only 5 years old and just gorgeous!

My daughter started Lakeview Elem. in her 4rth grade & she's now in 5th grade. We tried her at Pre-Kin to 1st grade at Heritage Oak Private & found out that they had pretty uniforms & taught good manners but lacked in academics. So then we tried the Fairmont Private School during the 2nd & 3rd grade. Academics were at least 1 year ahead but it was all about fundraising & always about $$$ as far as parent involvement. For instance, they have silent auction for a private parking space dedicated to a certain family... that went for $10,000+... it disgusted me when a room mom passed out a flier around the teacher birthday... Mrs. K--- L--'s favorite name brand: Channel, favorite store-Louis Vuitton... After seeing this, it was not for us. We tried Lakeview Elementary for 4th & 5th... My daughter enjoys school very much. Better than private schools!!!

The education is amazing, even with the shuffling of teachers, they are pulling through!

Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.