Yorba Linda High School 3

Posted November 14, 2013
This school has a few to many bullys! The principle and staff need to address this. my child and friends tell me stories all the time. As a parent i want to go to the school and let them know but with bullys these days, its to scary! Security seams to stop the fights but they need to take it a step further and help stop it between the kids for the future. i hope this message get to the school and they take it serious.

Posted September 18, 2013
Let's set aside for a minute the entitled students and rate this school on the teachers and their effectiveness. The teachers are said to have been "hand-picked" and the majority of them are outstanding. There is a vast offering of coursework from the arts to college prep, honors and AP classes. Counselors there do a terrific job of keeping the demanding parent population informed. It's a testament to this school district that magnet schools - started by dissatisfied public school parents - are nowhere near. The reviews that rate this school with one star...really? These teachers deserve more dignity than that.

Yorba Linda High School 1

Posted September 09, 2013
I really expected way more out of this new and beautiful school. Maybe I was brainwashed on how people put this school on a pedestal, like it was so amazing when it really isn't. There are too many snobbish people and there's way too much competition. We go to school to learn to enrich ourselves, not to try to compete with others at everything. The school has some bad teachers too and the kids are just not welcoming. A lot of the kids talk behind your back and are rude it was kind of hard to make new friends. 1 year was enough so i transferred out this school. The only thing good about it was that the school was pretty and new.

Posted April 13, 2013
My son attends Yorba Linda High School and my daughter attended Esperanza before Yorba Linda opened. There is absolutely no comparison. Granted, Esperanza was very crowded because Yorba Linda was not open but the support my son receives from his teachers is much better. He is well prepared for college and has tested well on his SATs. I, especially, like the enthusiasm the staff and teachers have for their school. It is a beautiful school and the sports programs are growing and have become successful. I feel my son is getting individualized attention and has been treated with kindness and respect. But, most importantly, he will be prepared to enter college. We have had some issues with bullying and I have heard about some drug issues but I believe these problems to be less than most schools. I am very glad Yorba Linda is our assigned school and not Esperanza!

Yorba Linda High School 4

Posted April 08, 2013
My kid is taking Yorba Linda High; per her words, she loves this school very much. Many teachers are really good and students are very nice. Overall, it is a heathy enviroment to put your kids into this wonderful school.

Posted April 07, 2013
School has been open for 4 years now, great programs and the staff really care about the students, The sports programs are winning CIF Leagues. YLHS has established itself as a leadinf High Schools with averages higher than the state averages including the state testing.

Posted November 08, 2012
I have two student who attend YLHS and they absolutely love it! It is a wonderful, safe and positive environment all of the way around. The administrators always seem willing to help and happy to do so. I could not have asked for a better school.

Yorba Linda High School 1

Posted August 13, 2012
I honestly dislike ylhs! Many people thing it's better then surrounding high schools. I strongly disagree. The teachers don't want to teac. The students bully other kids. It may look nice on the outside but it's an entirely different story of what goes on in the inside. There are drugs and alchol everywhere. Teachers make kids work on previous test question through out the year, not even teaching them new curriculum. That why they achieve high test scores. For an honor and AP sudent I wish my child stayed at Esperanza.

Yorba Linda High School 2

Posted June 12, 2011
Everyone wanted to go to the 'new school' . It turns out many of the teachers left their original school because they weren't established there for a reason. They weren't the best teachers. My son had better teachers at his original school. Many programs like speech are poor copies of programs like at Esperanza. Also the athletic fields are far too small.

Posted June 01, 2011
My child goes to YLHS and it is a beautiful campus and all her classes, so far, have been excellent. She takes both AP and Honor Classes and they can be tough. Only real downside is some snobbery by parents & kids, and competition in the certain sports can be tough. But, I'm sure you can find that in a ton of High Schools.

Yorba Linda High School
19900 Bastanchury Road, Yorba Linda, CA  92886
Last modified Yorba Linda High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yorba Linda High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top