Bad
Good

My son went here ten years ago and it was awesome. I was excited to my daughter to attend kindergarten this year. What a dissapointment. They misplaced her registration paperwork forcing me to re supply numerous records, there was zero communication before school started. No kindergarten meet and greet no schedule of the kindergarten day not even a supply list. After calling the not so nice school secretary multiple times I was finally told an email had went out but there had been issues with it so they would resend it to me. First day was a total disaster kindergarten rooms, playground and areas are completely FULL of preppy k! Real kindergartens are bumped to a sparsely furnished extra kindergarten room with no toys and no bathroom. When questioned about the bathroom situation parents were told kindergartens would just walk down the hall to a bathroom! Completely understood why there had been no communication prior to school starting as the kindergarten program is catering solely to preppy k for the government funding they receive. We withdrew our child and won't be back. Terrible experience with uninformed, uncaring staff who refuse to communicate even basic schedules to parents and provide half truth answers when questioned about very basic things such as why is the day here 50 minutes longer than everywhere else? Beware!

I can not express how much I truly love Rose Drive!!! I only wish we didn't have to move. However my son spent kindergarten and first grade at Rose Drive and I believe the school and the wonderful teachers gave my son a very strong foundation. My son now attends a private school in orange and has just finished his assessment testing which scored my son at "above average" and "well above average" in math, reading, and spelling. I owe so much of this to the staff and teachers at Rose Drive. Specifically Mrs. Santa Maria and Mrs. Parmenter! Truly amazing teachers!!!!

I am currently a student at Yorba Linda Middle School, and I am glad I went to rose drive. It is the best elementary school and has great teachers. Mr. Fredstrom and Mrs. Willey are definitely the best teachers. They are constantly going above and beyond to help out the students.

My daughter has been attending Rose Drive for the past two years and she has had excellent care. She continues to progress in all of her subjects with the help of exceptional teachers whose curriculum is both interesting to the kids as well as challenging. Dr. Linda Adamson the schools Principal is truly involved with all of the students and shows genuine concern for each of them. I was impressed that she remembers all of their names. She also is involved with her fantastic staff. The Office Staff are all wonderful ladies who are professional and well organized. This is truly a well run school and I've never felt anything but admiration for everyone here. I am a proud parent of a Rose Drive Student!

I went here back in late 70's and finished 6th grade in 84'. Mr Best was the principle and he wore some cool shoes. Wonder if they still do the week long camping trip at the end of the 6th year for kids. I remember it was up in the mountains but don't recall where exactly. I miss riding my bike on the bike trail and picking pomegranets and there used to be a buffalo farm around there. I'm Chris Rose (McCullough back then) buddies were Richard Sell and Robbie Douglas and Tim Cantu and LeeAnn Boyd and Amy Lynn (LOVE YOU LEEANN AND AMY)....YLP.. Miss Woodinghill and Miss Jermaine....miss you all.

This school is extraordinary. The principal Dr. Adamson stands out front every morning and joyfully welcomes students as they arrive, many of whose names she has committed to memory. The office staff is kind and welcoming, and though my daughter has only had one teacher so far, Mrs. Rogers, her experience with this amazing teacher has been transformative. We are humbled and thankful for the care that the staff has given to my child. I can't recommend this great school enough.

My daughter was transferred from a private school on 3rd grade. As a parent, I feel the school is excellent. My daught loves it too. It is a small school, but teachers are caring, experienced and due dilligent. The new principal is professional, warm and caring. The teachers group the kids to different levels on math and reading, so each child get challenged. I'm very glad to switch the school.

I went to this school when I was a child and now my children go/have gone there. It is small compared to others in the area but I think that's a good thing. The staff seem very dedicated to inspiring the kids to higher achievement. My oldest (who is now an honors student in middle school) was very well prepared for the transition. My youngest is now having the same experience. .. She has different teachers for different subjects which allows teachers to focus on a particular discipline. The PTA is very involved and does a wonderful job of supporting the staff and providing other kinds of enrichment. I can highly recommend this school!!

I went to that school back in the day... I am a sophomore in the high desert now but I will truly miss Yorba Linda and this school. I had lots of good memories at that school like the nice greenery and fun playground, I love the fact that they encouraged hands-on learning. I believe they still have those big trees (I use to play under them:)) I also remember walking with my parents after school through the little path way of Orange Trees close by. I promise your child will have great memories at this school, I surely did!

I love this school - but the principle is not good. She is cold and caters to children who misbehave. I am thinking about pulling my child. Mr. Fredstrom is a teacher with amazing skill building abilities... he would be missed for my child's 5th year of education.

Last modified Rose Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.