Yorba Linda, CA
Students enrolled: 1,402

Travis Ranch 4

Posted February 22, 2014
I'm a student of travis ranch, so I know first hand what it is like. I'm a straight A honors student and have never had a problem with the school. Travis ranch is the kind of school that rreally cracks down on bullying and the problems in that area are very few, but the math department is really weak. Here is a list of whats weak and what is strong sci.=super strong Lang. Arts=strong Math=super weak Social studies= strong they also have these for middle school elections. Tech music art home Ec ( font know if I spelled that correctly) Computer sci.

Travis Ranch 1

Posted December 09, 2013
This school is falling like a lead balloon. There are a group of teachers using the privacy of their classrooms and the captive audience of young children to promote their personal political feminist agenda. If you have boys, then you have two choices. Do nothing and let them fall behind or fight for an equal education. You'll have to fight the teachers, principal and the superintendent. Keep a log of facts because they will do their best to cover it up.

Travis Ranch 3

Posted April 04, 2011
My son is happy at Travis. I am thrilled with their science department. The writing instruction is barely adequate. He wrote more in 5th grade. The math instruction is subpar. I tutor him every night. To quote him regarding the math videos he is required to watch, "The videos teach it better than the teacher."

Posted April 01, 2011
My son is a Junior in High School and my daughter is a 7th grader at Travis Ranch MS. We have been thrilled will the academics at Travis. Both children have been in honors math and language arts/social studies. Travis Ranch MS prepares the children well for high school. My son was well prepared to take honors and AP classes and excel in them. Great administration.

Travis Ranch 1

Posted May 11, 2010
It speaks volumes about the priorities and heart of this school when a teacher passes away and they choose to inform parents only by the monthly e-mail newsletter more than a week later and as third billing after their achievement of being a Distinguished School and reminders about state testing.

Posted April 14, 2010

Posted March 09, 2010
Having had children attend schools in two other states plus one other district in California, I can attest that this is the most satisfactory teaching environment that we have yet found. The classes are challenging, the homework is substantial, and the honors classes deal with timely topics that get the kids thinking about things that they have not before considered. I am certain our 8th grader will be well prepared for high school next year after his experience at Travis. He also has had the chance to be involved in interesting and fun music and extracurricular activities.

Posted July 06, 2009

Posted August 24, 2008
This is a great Middle School under great leadership, all staff are caring individuals that work together to help students to achieve their highest academic potential. I can certainly state ,that my children attended 7 years in this school ,and these years were the most happy of their school years. They had great opportunities to thrive in the areas of academic,art, music, technology, and social activies, but yes, I do agree, not in foreign languages. This is a great well balanced school, My last child graduated this year, and this school will own our most treasured good memories

Posted May 11, 2008

Travis Ranch
5200 Via De La Escuela, Yorba Linda, CA  92887
Last modified Travis Ranch is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Travis Ranch Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top