PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We love HOPE! The staff is caring and always helpful. My son looks forward to attending school everyday. They have tons of specialty classes and do an excellent job of teaching manners. Would highly recommend taking a tour of this exceptional school!!

Part of the reason we moved to Brea was for the reputation of its public schools. We intended to have our daughter attend Fanning. Driving by Heritage Oak one day, we decided to pop in. Immediately we were smitten by how professional the facilities and staff were. As we were taken through a guided tour, our admiration grew. Finally we decided to bite the bullet and pay tuition for Heritage Oak rather than send her to public school. Two years later, I can say without a doubt that I don't regret our decision. As a private school, they of course have a strong academic focus. Their curriculum is set at one year ahead of public schools. It is challenging and may not be for all kids. Beyond academics, they stress building character. Classes like strings and art help kids grow to be well rounded. All of their staff and teachers go above and beyond the call of duty to take care of students and parents. Yet they do this without spoiling the kids. On the contrary, kids are taught to be independent while having manners. As with any school, you get out of it what you put into it. I highly recommend parents take a tour and give HOPE a chance. We look forward to the next six years!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are extremely effective. In the 5 years, we've been here, I have not expereinced a teacher not effective.

Amount of homework: Agree

I can't help with the math, a bit out of my league, but my son gets enough help from teacher to figure it out.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutly, they encourage it, study it, and put each, honesty, integrity and fairness into practice each day.

We are coming to the end of our fifth year at HOPE and am proud to say we will be continuing on into middle school as well. Our experience with HOPE has been a wonderful one. This school is all about developing the whole child, and I have witnessed this first hand. The school is not shy about pushing our son out of his comfort zone, and helping him reach his potential...examples; the music program is excellent and they offer top notch experts to help the children reach their potential, the professional theater production they produce is amazing, and the teachers have gone above and beyond. My child had Mr Bloomingdale and Mrs Albano this year, and they are a great team for the children. Mr B does a great job inspiring the children, and he is a great role model for my son. The Director has great insight into this pairing, and i dont think my son could have done any better, at any other school. I am very thankful this school is available to us here in OC.

My son has been with this school since prek and it has been 3 years and we decided not renewal the contract for sure. The principal and teachers told us that their material is one year ahead and if the kid's academic level is advance, they will challenged kids. However, they never did, every year we discuss this with teachers and they either just ignore us or just keep finding excuse and told us they have so many kids in class and teacher not be able to watch each kid. They tested my son even tested him with higher grade's questions and he still got either "above / at expectation". As for the teachers and staffs, some of them are nice and updated but some of them are lack of patient and experience. Every time my son got hurt in school, teachers just told me they dont know what happened. They also make the donation as a competition. To be honest, if your kids are smart, you not even bother to send them to this overpriced school, just enroll them to good public school and a good after school program. Honestly, Parents should can tell if the teachers really care about your kids or just your money. But of course, if you are doctors or lawyers and donate lots of money to school, they definitely take good care of your kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some teachers are nice but some of them are just really bad. My son's teacher just very careless and complain about her job almost every time i run into her. We understand she was new to school; but we not pay expensive tuition to let her do nothing. She makes mistakes very often and when we ask something relate to homework or school events, she always acts like she knows nothing.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework isn't match with students' actual academic level. And teachers just never care or do changes.

Heritage Oak Private has been exactly what my daughters have needed and what I have hoped for their education. My youngest daughter can be timid and uneasy in new surroundings. So when she was ready to begin preschool, I naturally felt nervous about how she would acclimate. I was very impressed and touched by the patience and love that her teachers gave her. She quickly felt comfortable, and now she is eager for school every morning. As a parent, there is nothing greater than seeing your child love where they spend there days.

Last modified Heritage Oak Private Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8