Yorba Linda, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 06, 2014
I am a parent of two children who attend this school and I have nothing but excellent reviews for HOPE. School leadership, teachers, the whole environment is positive.. The best testimonial I can offer is my children come home everyday happy and when I ask them "how was your day" they both respond "Great!!". The educational curriculum is challenging but the teachers are so accessible and work with parents on individual learning plans as needed. There is also a great sense of school pride amongst the children - which I love to see. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 12, 2014
Parents out there that are considering enrolling your child at a school that focuses on developing the whole child look no further. Several years ago my wife and I began our search for school to enroll our daughter in. We toured Friends Christian School, Fairmont, Hillsborough, Vineyard Christian School, Calvary Chapel and Heritage Oak to see what each school had to offer. I'm glad we made the decision to enroll her at Heritage Oak. I believe it was the best decision we could have made. We have subsequently enrolled our other two daughters at the school as well. All three have flourished at the school due to the caring and compassionate staff. Like many of you I read the other reviews that were posted about the school. I agree that the cost of tuition is higher than other private schools but other than that I really don't have anything but praise about the school and the staff. Please keep in mind that this school is not for every child or family but it is the perfect fit for our family.

Heritage Oak Private Elementary School 2

Posted February 28, 2014
My child attended this school for several years. She seemed to make more progress in public school. I was appalled by the lack of supervision and lack of concern for safety and security. High staff turnover, lots of gossiping by staff members, dishonest and unprofessional administration. Also, I agree with other reviewers, tuition is on the high side and they were always hitting me up for some sort of donation or contribution, but yet true parental involvement is almost impossible. Families that were able to contribute pricey goods and services were treated differently. Falls below what you would expect for the price in many ways.

Posted January 06, 2014
Heritage Oak Private has been exactly what my daughters have needed and what I have hoped for their education. My youngest daughter can be timid and uneasy in new surroundings. So when she was ready to begin preschool, I naturally felt nervous about how she would acclimate. I was very impressed and touched by the patience and love that her teachers gave her. She quickly felt comfortable, and now she is eager for school every morning. As a parent, there is nothing greater than seeing your child love where they spend there days.

Posted September 23, 2013
I recently moved my daughter here from Fairmont and am glad I did. There is a lot more structure and discipline here and a stress on proper behavior. I am impressed that they are very academic and although most Fairmont parents consider it the premiere school the education does not appear to be as good as Heritage Oak. My daughter is working harder here than before and although she got all A's at Fairmont is not quite to that level at Heritage Oak, it might be the cross over to French instead of Spanish or the strings class instead of music or maybe it is just more rigorous. I like it although the rules are a little much sometimes for the kids and for us parents that think sometimes they are a little overbearing. Other than the hassle of picking the kids up and being stuck in Dante's traffic circle I would highly recommend this school.

Posted May 30, 2013
I am a former student who attend 6-8th grade from 1995-1999 (the second 8th grade graduating class). I can sincerely and honestly say that this school was one of the best programs that I attended and changed my life. Prior to attending Heritage Oak, I attended Fairmont public school where I was bullied, was taught by teachers who didn't care, had a low self-esteem and had poor grades. Attending Heritage Oak changed all of the above. By offering a low student to teacher ratio, focused curriculum, and a safe learning environment, I went from being a C+/B- student at Fairmont to a straight A student by my second year at Heritage Oak. Heritage Oak gave me the foundation for future success where I subsequently attended Troy High School completing both the Tech and full IB programs and then attended USC completing both my bachelors in accounting and master's in taxation in 4 years. I currently work as a CPA for a Big 4 accounting firm and have a family of my own now. If the school has not changed in its dedication to teaching and developing young adults, I fully endorse this school. Although the tuition can be pricey, I think it was worth every penny.

Posted July 12, 2012
My son went to Heritage Oak from 1st-8th grade, graduating in 2006. He was exceptionally prepared for honors and AP classes in high school where he continued to excel in a very rigorous curriculum. He is currently a junior in college on a full academic scholarship. I truly believe that the foundation built at Heritage Oak has led to his success in college.

Posted July 12, 2012
Our daughter attended Heritage Oak since 3rd grade and it helped prepare her for the rigors of the Troy Tech Magnet program in High School. Our son started at Heritage Oak in pre-K and is now in middle school at Heritage Oak. The school does a great job of balancing academics, sports, and arts and the recent addition of orchestra band and strings to their music program has excelled their program even further! Just as important, the school provides a safe environment where discipline is not forgotten and encourages students to do the right thing all the time. The entire staff are great at getting to know all the kids by name! Strong leadership by the executive director...and I still recall the effort she made to personally give us the tour of the school when we were looking for a more challenging program for our daughter!

Posted July 12, 2012
Our two children attended Heritage Oak from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Heritage Oak prepared them for a lifetime of superior academic achievement. They both went on to private high schools where they excelled. Our oldest was accepted to all but one of the colleges he applied to and is now in his final year at UCLA with a 3.7 GPA. Our youngest just finished the college application process and was accepted to 13 out of the 14 colleges she applied to (with a waitlist at the last one). She was awarded large merit packages at several private colleges and finally also decided on UCLA after being selected as one of their 32 Alumni Scholar State Finalists. Heritage Oak was one of the best investments we could have made in our children's future.

Posted July 12, 2012
2 of our children attended this school and our 3rd child is still enrolled and is entering 7th grade this coming year. All of our children started Heritage Oak in Kindergarten. Our first son went on to Troy in the Tech program and is now entering his 2nd year of college at Cal Poly Pomona School of Engineering. He felt very well prepared for High School in academics and well beyond his peers in terms of his technology experiences at Heritage Oak...both computer equipment maintenance and software applications. Our second son is entering his 3rd year of high school at Valencia Tech. He too feels that he was very well prepared for High school. The debate program at Heritage Oak was really good for him and has better prepared him for public speaking. Our daughter is doing well in school and we feel she will be well prepared for High School too. She plays volleyball for Heritage Oak and they have a GREAT girl's volleyball coach and program!! The school is a real community and parent interaction is encouraged and welcomed. If we had it to do over again, we would make the same decision and our children would attend Heritage Oak.

Heritage Oak Private Elementary School
16971 Imperial Highway, Yorba Linda, CA  92886
Last modified Heritage Oak Private Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Heritage Oak Private Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 98 reviews. Top