Public charter
Yuba City, CA
After care: No

Posted November 10, 2014
Many possitive and prominant changes have been implemented for the 2014-2015 school year. We have many additions to our caring and proactive teaching staff. We have added 10 days of staff development training to ensure we are doing everything possible to ensure students' social, technological, and academic success. We have a computer lab with IXL, a parent advisory team, student body government, smaller classroom sizes, student support, after school credit recovery class for high school. I believe the tests scores taken this year to show student progress will prove we have made significant strides and improvements to promote success and the joy of learning for every student at Yuba City Charter School.

Posted November 23, 2013
Yuba City Charter School has made great strides in the last two years by teaching the standards for all grade levels. The faulty pack system has been almost completely phased out except for credit recovery for select high school students. The current staff is collaborative and team oriented in providing excellence in teaching for all students. We are currently attending staff development sessions to unwrap the common core standards to keep us on par with other teachers in California. We have a student body that readily accepts new students into their classes and social circles. We have a caring staff that works together in making the environment a fun and safe place for children of all ages. The academic and behavior expectations are high and students are making great strides in meeting and exceeding those expectations.

Posted September 19, 2013
Yuba City Charter School is under new management. For the first time in 12 years, ALL teachers are highly qualified in their subject and grade areas. All teachers are undergoing professional development to convert the school from a "packet school" to a fully standards based education program. The school is gated and fenced and fully secure. Discipline problems are minimal without even with a strict "No Swearing" policy firmly enforced. There has not been a fight on this campus in over a year. Students suffering from credit deficiency both from YCCS and other local schools are recovering and accelerating their progress toward successful completion of graduation requirements. Whatever this school was in the past is in the past. YCCS has its act together and is establishing itself as a truly unique and effective educational institution, dedicated to individualized education programs, designed to ensure academic and social success for all students. At YCCS, every child is a priority.

Posted March 29, 2010
I am a former student of this school and I have never been so unhappy as I was when I was there. The staff was nice but I felt like alot of them were underqualified. If I ask a teacher a question about something I am learning I don't believe that 'I don't know' is a sufficient answer. I was so unhappy there that I did extra work so that I could graduate a year early. Which was not difficult since the packs I was working on were easy. This school was writing its own curriculum at the time (I don't know if they still are) and I don't believe that it was at grade level standard that another school might have used. When my younger sisters transferred to a public school in the 5th and 7th grades they had a ton of catching up to do. Ridiculous!

Posted March 22, 2010
i was a student here for 5 years and they just cant do anything right here. alot of there teachers dont have diplomas to be a teacher and theres fights everyday alot of gang activity the students do whatever they want when ever they want

Posted September 10, 2009

Posted August 13, 2009
My grandchildren attend this school and I am very pleased with the teaching staff, curriculum and the emphasis on character. The children love the school. We feel a part of everything that is going on at the school. We are kept informed on the children's progress.

Posted August 12, 2009
I have had both my children begin in the Charter School and they have loved every minute of it. My children have attended for at least two years and are not just excelling in academics but in character as well. I am happy with the way the staff makes me feel like it is not a burden to discuss issues with my children.Both of my children's teachers were efficient and enjoyable to say the least.Thank you Yuba City Charter...Keep up the good work.

Yuba City Charter School 0

Posted May 15, 2009
My three children just recently began attending this school. They have been there about 4 months. They have really done well here. Awesome Principal!!!! My son went to school in Oklahoma, and we transferred here, and I had enrolled my kids at Butte Vista, and it was awful. Butte Vista has a big problem with school bullies!! My son is in the third grade and did horrible at Butte Vista. I switched my kids to Yuba City Charter, and my son is now doing great!!!!! He has a teacher who is awesome!!!! She is not just here for her paycheck, she has a true love for her students. My son is such a different child now. He is positive, happy, and loves going to school now!! Thank you Yuba City Charter, what a positive impact this school has had on my son. Yuba City Charter, job well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted May 14, 2009

Yuba City Charter School
256 Wilbur Avenue, Yuba City, CA  95991
Last modified Yuba City Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yuba City Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top