Yuba City, CA
Students enrolled: 1,394
Before care: Yes

Posted July 26, 2014
Andros Karperos is a great school with great teachers suffering from horrible office staff. My daughter received a student of the year award but on the flyer they handed out before the ceremony, her name was missing along with multiple other names. My husband went up to Mr. Mcpeak to bring this to his attention at which he replied in front of my daughter no less," Are you sure she is supposed be here". My daughter was absolutly crushed and was forced to leave even though many other teachers assured him she was receiving an award. The teacher who awarded her this honor gave her the award the next day and apologized for the inconvenience the next day, but I am still furious and my daughter's self esteem was wreaked.

Posted September 23, 2013
AK school is preety good for math and science for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Teachers are always response back when I email them about my kids education questions.

Posted June 24, 2013
I have 2 children at Ak and while I think the teachers are great, I do not think much of Mr. Mcpeak. My daughter was disciplined for something that she did not do. When my daughter was called to the office to discuss the issue she was told if she did not confess to the offense she would be suspended for 3 days instead of in school suspension. At the time of the meeting she was not allowed to call her parents. Mr. Mcpeak accused, tried and convicted her without gathering all the info needed. When we requested a meeting with him he failed to show for one of them. We were told that the issue was a he said/she said issue and if we continued to pursue the issue my child could still be suspended all without any proof. While this happened at the end of the day, my youngest child could not be found as she was told she could not be with her sister. They leave school together. My youngest knowing what to do walked home and no one could find her. At no point did someone in the office tell her to sit and wait for her sister. As the safety of ALL children is important you would think someone would have looked out for her. Mr Mcpeak did not handle the situation properly. I would not recommend

Posted June 23, 2013
Our experience hasn't been good. My wife and I go to every event at this school and hasn't met the principal once. He or she isn't a presence at AK. Over all service for our daughter should've been better. We are just glad that this was her last year.

Posted October 15, 2012
Zero. A teacher who isnt in classroom when she should be, always uses subs and its only the beginning of the school year, doesn't show any interest in our child or in her class, seems bored with her job. Parents should be able to evaluate ineffective teachers since they are teaching our kids and we are tax payers. School tests werent very good here either. Looking for something better.

Posted September 03, 2012
Our experience so far has been terrible you have some teachers who are either too lazy to actually teach your child or they just dont want to be bother by them, staff isnt approachable when needing simple questions answered. We are looking for something better for our child who deserves better! Who hires these people anyway???

Andros Karperos School 5

Posted August 12, 2012
Love the staff at Andros Karperos school. Mr. McPeak, the principal, and Mrs. Bradley, the vice principal are excellent leaders.

Andros Karperos School 5

Posted September 08, 2011
i go to this school i am going to be in the class of 2012

Posted October 18, 2010
My student is in the 6th grade and found out from her history teacher that she is 2 to 3 weeks behind. Think that the teacher should have gotten a hold of me way before it got to be this far behind. This teacher needs to be more involved with his students instead of slacking off just to get paid.

Andros Karperos School 0

Posted July 08, 2007
My son was struggling in kindergarten last year and one of the afterschool program known as the kindergarten club has been a tremendous help. The teacher is excellent and my son adores her. It is this kind of dedication from a teacher that makes it all worth it..just seeing the smile on my kid's face everyday. Wish there was more teachers like her.

Andros Karperos School
1700 Camino De Flores, Yuba City, CA  95993
Last modified Andros Karperos School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andros Karperos School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top