Bad
Good

Posted May 30, 2014
Great teachers, very involved parents, excellent opportunities for those who do want to learn more and study. We are very happy with the school and the school district in general. Our child attended grades 1 through 8 and definitely we would recommend this school for families who look into a public school with a private school attention and flexibility.

Tierra Buena Elementary School 1

Posted November 02, 2010
Middle school levels are unremarkable, teachers are not dedicated, and proficient in my opinion. Upper staff does nothing to help in complaints in this area. I pulled both my children this year from this school, gr.7. They went from making below average grades here, to straight A's at their new school.

Tierra Buena Elementary School 1

Posted July 18, 2010
One of the worse school i have sent my son to. Class sizes are way to big. Teachers dont deal with adhd & add well. would not send another child their!

Tierra Buena Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2008
I'm only concerned about the high class sizes at the K level. Each of the four K classes have 24-25 children. Seems too high and above the state mandate. I hope the school district will be looking into that soon because they can probably fill one entire class with the 16 extra kids. Other than that, the teachers are great and we have no problems to report.

Posted August 13, 2008
Both of my children attend T.B. School. I have not had one bad experience. We have been there for 7 years.

Tierra Buena Elementary School 3

Posted May 21, 2008
Excellent staff and curriculum from the K-5 level. I woudl highly recommend over any school in the district UP TO THAT POINT. After that, it all falls apart. The upper grades are a mess with no structure, low standards, and sub-par teachers. Too bad because this used to be the crowned jewel. Until the administration is willing to address the obvious issues, I don't see anything changing.

Posted January 03, 2008
This will be my son's 2nd year at TB and we all love the school. We moved from the bay area & had our son in a private school, and was worried about putting him in a public school. To our surprise, he not only is at the top of his class, he loves the teachers and staff. He is in 2nd grade and so far we've had no problems. Very family orientated and friendly environment, recommend highly.

Posted September 26, 2007
Being from Bay Area, we had some worries moving to the different environment. BUT, we are so happy so far with everything that the school had to offer, great teachers and caring administration.

Tierra Buena Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2005
The middle school has had lots of problems with incompetent teachers, lack of textbooks, low expectations, poor lesson planning and pacing and overall, poor leadership. The only way things will improve at this school is if parents aggressively unite to demand improvements. But, this does not seem likely from my experience at trying to get other parents to understand the low academic quality. Most parents don't want to 'rock the boat.'

Posted September 07, 2004
Awesome school! Great teachers, staff, extracurricular activities, everything. It is a small school, and everyone is friendly. I went there from kindergarden until 8th grade and I had no problems whatsoever.

Tierra Buena Elementary School
1794 Villa Avenue, Yuba City, CA  95993-8827
Last modified Tierra Buena Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.