Posted March 28, 2015
There have been very positive changes both academically and spiritually. I made the decision for my children to attend this school for the safe environment, to establish and maintain the Catholic faith as well as having a supportive community. Each parent, child and faculty member are a part of this community that grows together. In addition, the current administration is incredibly approachable when dealing with concerns with the school and academic achievements of the students. The academic concern in the past for middle school students has been addressed and is on the forefront in establishing a credible reputation. I strongly encourage you to visit the school. Do not rely on the review of others. Anyone can write anything on a review anonymously without any verification. I will state for myself, in addition to my children's academic achievements, that I am constantly complimented on my children's behavior and knowledge in religious faith.

St. Isidore Catholic School 2

Posted January 03, 2015
School continues to go downhill in terms of academics and consistency. Many parents and children leaving as a result, even parents who were there a long time. High turnover rate of teachers has contributed to lack of faith by the community.

St. Isidore Catholic School 1

Posted December 27, 2014
As a long term family, we are gravely concerned this year. We've weathered changes through the years, however by far there has been greater struggles the last four months than any other time. Academic integrity an issue, and there's little communication. Policies are haphazardly applied giving rise to resentment among parents who question administration.

Posted August 27, 2014
St. Isidore is a great school. The school instills morals and values as well as a great education! There are changes often and I am sure it will continue as if it stayed the same year after year, the education would not be top notch and the children are always #1 at the end of the day. I love that my children are learning to be decent and respectful human beings as well as a great education.

Posted August 19, 2014
St. Isidore has been through changes in the past few years. However, the changes are made to improve the school. Education is always evolving and St. Isidore is working hard to stay on top of the changes. The faculty of St. Isidore have given much thought to the direction of the school. They improve and change and take the most recent research in education into consideration, however they weigh those changes with the tradition that makes Catholic education important. You cannot read the reviews off a website and make your decision based solely on that. Please, visit St. Isidore and you will see and feel the difference. Visit other schools and observe how the students behave and interact. My children attend St. Isidore primarily for Catholic education, but they have gained so much more. It definitely is a family atmosphere and I am confident that the other parents that send their children to St. Isidore share the same core values that are important to my family. My children are safe and well taken care of before school, during and after school.

St. Isidore Catholic School 1

Posted April 30, 2012
I went to this school k-8. When I graduated with good grades I was accepted into San Domenico, an all girls Catholic Boarding School. I was sorely underprepared for true college prep rigors. I then transferred to Yuba City High where I was horribly behind in Math. In 8th grade we had not even started pre-algebra! I struggled through high school, having to re-take advanced algebra. I graduated on a high note having eventually recovered from my poor science and math background and then transferred to YCC. I did eventually graduate from UC Davis, but I have to sometimes wonder if I would have chosen an engineering field, my first desire, instead of a 'softer' science degree had my math skills gotten off to a better start. I also felt like there were a lot of distracting kids at this school. I learned at least 10 racist and derogatory musical rhymes here. Why was this tolerated? Why was academic mediocrity tolerated? If your goal is to send your child here to best prepare them for college, I would seriously examine if the academic requirements have improved. Having gone to Yuba City High and co-mingled with kids form Gray Avenue, I always felt that I was a few steps behind.

Posted May 12, 2009
My children have gone to this school for three years now. There has been some faculty changes but only for the better. Each change the school makes seems to focus on improving the childrens experience and academics. The school is ranked very high academically. One of the many reasons we chose to send our children to this school was the manner in which they teach personal responsibilty and self-discipline. It is refreshing to see children in todays society who respect adults and are strong in character. Class size averages around 18 students and there are no combined classes. All the teachers are credentialed and some have advanced degrees as well. Parent participation is high and this makes the school very family oriented.

St. Isidore Catholic School 2

Posted April 15, 2009
I have seen way too many principals come and go and with that came a continuous change of rules and policies to gratify their needs. There is not enough consistancy. The faculty is also ever changing. This year I was debating home schooling.

St. Isidore Catholic School 3

Posted May 25, 2007
I attended this school for seven years, K-6, and up until 6th grade the school was fine. The reason I moved was that the next year, two classes would be merged. 7th and 8th grade would be under one teacher. This would be the same for each two classes one teacher per two classes. I have no doubt that St. Isidore is a high achieving school, having come from there myself, I still maintain a 4.0 GPA for every semester ever since I was given letter grades. I think it was a wonderful starting point for my academic career. I got really tired of Friday masses and religious teachings. I believe that one of the best teachers I ever met was my 6th grade teacher, Mr. Lowden, he stressed the importance of being a good 'person' to his class.

Posted April 03, 2007
This is a wonderful school. The class sizes are perfect and really make it easy for teachers to give individual help to those who need it. Students leave St. Isidore as well-rounded people- intelligent and still social. The staff and the children alike are so great and really welcoming to those who have not been there as long as others have. I'm so glad that I sent my child here.

St. Isidore Catholic School
200 Clark Avenue, Yuba City, CA  95991
Last modified St. Isidore Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Isidore Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top