Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Dunlap Elementary School 3

Posted June 18, 2015
While nothing is perfect, teachers and staff do their to help parents and teach children.

Dunlap Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2013
I feel that with this school in my experience there I had a bit of trouble getting my son on the right track. Both my children started kindergarten together while one excelled the other one struggled and despite them having full day K. class the one that struggled went home at lunch. I found that it was a bit hit and miss with the teachers, that the ones my struggling son had didn't want to take the time to help him while the other wound up on all the right tracks. Bullying is a bit prevalent as well I find, both of my kids crossed paths with bullies in there time there. Moved them to a different school for 2nd grade and onward, would not recommend this school.

Dunlap Elementary School 1

Posted April 06, 2012
I have to agree with the rating before mine. Teachers seem to focus on weaknessess of the students. Principal is difficult to talk to and teachers do not seem to work well with parents. They seem to have an attitude of being their to do there job not to care or really educate. I can not understand why it is I was able to copy and paste the statment above made by a parent back in 2007 and the same problems I have being now 2012 why might I ask has been done to change the problem with this school?

Posted April 07, 2011
Great School!!! Awesome principal. Great teachers and staff. The students do amazing academically. Awesome choir and tutor programs!!!

Posted April 07, 2011
Dunlap is yucaipa's hidden secret. Their principal is amazing and cares so much for the school and their kids. The teachers are wonderful and love the kids and the school as well. My children are doing so well there. Yes, their scores aren't high but alot is because of the spanish speaking children. The school works hard not only to help the lower score children, but to push the children who are above average. I love this school and am so happy to have my children here.

Posted December 15, 2009
I love Dunlap! The staff is top notch, especially considering the severe lack of funds. Mr. Tucci cares about every student and know each one by name. Teachers and staff treat eachother and the students like family.

Dunlap Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2007
I have three boys that have attended Dunlap since Kindergarden.My oldest is a 5th grader. In my experience I have only had one bad apple that I believe helped hinder my son's ability to overcome his weaknesses and focus on his strenghths! In my opinion scores aren't everything nor to they reflect all that our children are learning or not learning! Dunlap has some great quality teachers that love their job and care about their students success! The only thing that does disturb me is labeling.My oldest son is in GATE and that's great but it doesn't define who he is or what kind of student he is it's just a bonus to encourage him to challenge himself! My other two are Title One.Yes,they struggle w/reading but have so many other strenghts! Labels don't belong on children! And as for Mr.Anderson..We love him like family! He's fair,helpful,understanding,and cares about his students! If you truley care...Get involved!Lisa

Dunlap Elementary School 4

Posted May 01, 2007
My son spent 3 years there before we moved and I always found the teachers to be helpful and dedicated, however that appears to have changed. I am also a teacher and I am very aware that what parents view as a focus on needs improvement areas is actually a mandate by the state to improve test scores. Based on current test scores teachers are doing the job. We do need to refocus on the whole student which includes improving strengths and weaknesses. It makes the difference when students have success in a variety of areas, not just the tested areas. Overall Dunlap is a good school and no school is withouth its problems and every school has teachers that are there for reasons other than the best interest of the student. No profession is above the apathy of burn out! Keep up the good work Dunlap!

Dunlap Elementary School 3

Posted May 01, 2007
I have found the school to not focus on the academic learner. The quality of teacher is highly variable, and my children have had several of both. My one child is GATE and has had very little differentiated instruction, and the other is more average. This average child was diagnosed and inserted into a remedial reading program without me even receiving a phone call! I'm looking forward to the new school, hoping that the best teachers will be going. I have also had wonderful teachers there, so it is a hit and miss thing. The best you can do is talk to parents with older kids, make an informed teacher request, and hope for the best. The parents are lethargic. If parents made higher demands on the school, it would improve.

Dunlap Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2006

Dunlap Elementary School
32870 Avenue E, Yucaipa, CA  92399-1903
Last modified Dunlap Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.