Posted March 15, 2014
yhs isn't a good school. There is way too much bullying and drugs. If your kid is good or even halfway decent, don't put them there. The teachers there are good, but they don't do anything about the kids.

Yucaipa High School 2

Posted July 30, 2012
Life Skills for Special Needs. The teachers all seem to love their students. I found the IEP very frustrating though. At the IEP they don't include all the teachers or psychologist in any of the IEP that I experienced. My husband and I requested simple things as allowing our teenager to be apart of golfing, band or other areas YHS offered and we were continually brushed off, or told no that didn't work out for them. I wanted my son to pick out his own extracurricular class and not be limited with 3 choices. I also wanted him to take an English class and they told me maybe maybe next IEP or maybe next semester. It never happened. I felt like he was held back. I would of rather my teenager take an extra english class with an assistant than crush plastics or play puzzles.

Posted October 26, 2010
I can't even comprehend how someone could say there is no help. The teachers are phenomenal and most ARE available for you're assistance, although YES, they do hold you accountable. Tons of programs like writing workshops and peer tutoring are also provided at the students' convenience. YHS is incredibly supportive of a very wide variety of extracurricular activities and clubs creating tons of opportunities for students to be involved. It is truly a wonderful environment and I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 17, 2010
I am a student there they do not help you what so ever they will get you for the most stupied things and even if your not a part of it . and most of the techer are not willing to work with late work even if there is a docs note

Posted September 10, 2010
Is Terrible. For a special needs student is fails to meet IEP needs mostly by refusing to place needs in the IEP to begin with. THey are more interested in disapline, and attendance than education. Maybe if the children who have needs were learning something, they would want to be at school. The assistant principal refuses to listen to the parents!

Posted July 15, 2009
This school is a great school with hardly any fights and bullying is hard to come by. Great school, great teachers, and great students. I am enrolled right now.

Yucaipa High School 4

Posted August 26, 2008
Opposed to other reviews, I believe this school is very supportive of its students. The school itself is ran efficiently and is able to fend off the chaotic nature of the district. I personally do not know why other reviews are claiming low scores and API growth when it out performs the 'golden school' of the area, Redlands East Valley. They are also quite supportive of extracurricular programs and do not throw all their funds at football as most other schools do. The school has high standards of its students and does not expect mere mediocrity. Finally, the school, I believe, is a very safe campus. In the two years that I attended, I witnessed at most 5 acts of violence. Also, because the campus is offset from the main road, the administration is able to control who enters and exits the campus. As a former student, I enjoyed Yucaipa High.

Posted August 15, 2008
Yucaipa High is a great school. The teachers are there for the students. Sports do wel.. Except football. The Girls water polo team is going to win CIF this year!

Posted March 27, 2008

Yucaipa High School 0

Posted February 28, 2008
Yucaipa High is better than most schools I visit as a Military Liaison Officer. Teachers recently went through a lengthy and bitter contract negotiation that created problems for students, administration and themselves. There are still some hard feelings, but the campus has settled down now. (This explains some previous reviews) I would recommend this school for any student.

Yucaipa High School
33000 Yucaipa Boulevard, Yucaipa, CA  92399
Last modified Yucaipa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yucaipa High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top