Aguilar Junior-Senior High School 3

Posted October 12, 2011
Although I graduated sometime ago, I still carry the values and ethics that Aguilar High School instilled in me. AHS may not have offered the best education out there, but they gave me more; more hands-on things to do like Auto shop. Auto shop gave me the ability to learn a new skill that will always be valuable to me throughout life. Athletics at AHS taught me team work, responsibility, to be punctual, to have heart and passion, and to strive to be better in life and in the game. People underestimate the value a small school has to offer, but overall, I gained the tools and knowledge of life, the tools that may get me further in life than just high CSAP scores could.

Aguilar Junior-Senior High School 5

Posted April 30, 2010

Aguilar Junior-Senior High School 5

Posted April 30, 2010

Aguilar Junior-Senior High School 3

Posted August 26, 2008
I am a former teacher. Although Aguilar has its issues, it is a child centered school, in which the teachers care a great deal for their students. The junior high and high school have struggled with the problem of teacher retention. Hopefully, this will no longer be an issue, as the base salary scale has increase to more readily attract highly qualified teachers. The teachers which have stayed for a number of years are dedicated, highly qualified, caring individuals.

Aguilar Junior-Senior High School 4

Posted February 22, 2005
Although I am not a parent of a student of Aguilar High School, I am a recent graduate, and I do have a few comments to make regarding some of the opinions listed about the school. I believe that AHS did prepare me for college, and I am currently doing very well in school. I did not need to take any remedial courses, but rather, I was able to enroll in advanced courses. Also, I am not the only graduate from AHS who continues to do well; many of my friends are succeeding in life as well. When evaluating a school, it is very important to look at how hard students apply themselves and want to learn. You cannot blame the school for students not caring, that starts at home.

Aguilar Junior-Senior High School 1

Posted October 29, 2004
- a former student
Academics is not a priority as CSAP scores remain below state averages. They are building a new school although enrollment has dropped. Students graduating from Aguilar high school have to start with remedial math and English in College .

Aguilar Junior-Senior High School 1

Posted March 14, 2004
- a former student
More focus and resources are given to sports activities than emphasizing the importance of academics. The inner politics of 'who' a student is rather than what a student is capable of is disheartening. Overall, the school is far behind the times and lacks the sophistication of the average big city schools with similar social strata.

Aguilar Junior-Senior High School 2

Posted December 17, 2003
It could be a great school if consistency with discipline problems were addressed and bullying policies were followed. Favortism and the count of warm bodies is all that matters here! It needs more pre-college curriculum. There is no foreign language here. Students are not happy. c-saps are low and the overall status on accountability committee required by law does not exist.

Aguilar Junior-Senior High School
420 North Balsam, Aguilar, CO  81020
Last modified Aguilar Junior-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12
Aguilar Junior-Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.