Akron High School 2

Posted July 05, 2011
I think Akron is to hung up on sports. In Akron you basically have to be in a sport or you are nothing. They do care about the academics to a point but the classes are to easy for the grades people get. When i moved here i was already a year ahead of my grade. I just think that the students get away with to much and don't try hard to get their grades because they are just handed to them.

Akron High School 5

Posted January 07, 2011
We left the big city (Dallas) and moved to small town, USA (Akron) specifically looking for small schools. My son graduates this year from Akron HS. My daughter is in 3rd grade. I cannot say enough great things about Akron schools. Teacher/student ratios can't be beat. Not only are the class sizes small but, with very few exceptions (Mr. Baldwin,) the teachers, coaches and staff truly care about these kids. I could not even image going back to the city and putting my kids in schools where they would be swallowed up. These kids are given praise when they deserve it, direction when they lose it, and encouragement when they need it. The sports programs or increadible. These kids play hard and win or lose they are great sports! (Not to mention in vast community support for athletics) Akron is a rural area. The schools cannot and do not offer a large variety of available electives. They do however offer unbeatable opportunities for concurrent enrollment in high school and college. For a solid education that also includes lessons in community involvement, sportsmanship, and the often overlooked common sense, Akron is the best!

Akron High School 5

Posted December 06, 2009
as a former student Akron has an excellent sports program and a great student teacher relationship witch helps with better grades

Akron High School 4

Posted April 12, 2007
As a teacher, and a parent in the Akron Community, I have been pleased with the school district. My children are constantly challenged with visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning experiences that are technology driven and state- standards based. The work ethic and standards for learning proficiency and student accountability are high. Compared to other schools I've worked at along the front range, Akron is wonderful. We have good students, and invested teachers who don't let kids fall through the cracks. The administration is supportive and community oriented. Yes, while some might argue the athletic programs are a big deal; we also have Academic Decathlon, National Honor Society, Thespians, FBLA, FCCLA, and FFA for more academically motivated students. Akron has fewer drug problems or instances of student misbehavior than any other school in the area. Akron is a great school district to work in and send your children to.

Akron High School 3

Posted March 10, 2007
- a former student
The first time I went to Akron Highschool I was absolutly amazed at how different it was from all of the many other schools that I had been to. There are not enough electives outside of sports which does not give students more interested in academics to be involved in the things that they enjoy. Also, the teachers do not do a very good job in the highschool. There is not much learned in the classroom. It is not a bad school, it just has a few problems.

Akron High School 4

Posted March 20, 2005
The overall quality of Akron Schools is great! Although there are some problems with students not progressing as well as possible, the schools are a wonderful stepping stone for our children.

Akron High School
600 Elm, Akron, CO  80720
Last modified Akron High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Akron High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top