Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Oberon has a solid staff and rigorous curriculum that is very much in line with the expectations that come with being a feeder school to Ralston Valley HS. Many of the staff here are some of the best I have ever met. Organized, passionate and great with children. I went to Oberon as a child and then did a semester shadowing teachers there while I was getting my teaching license. I was really impressed with the high level thinking I saw teachers eliciting in these kids. I've worked at a few other schools and the only other school that I've been in where I can honestly say the curriculum was better was Ralston Valley, which is in this very district. I am a parent now and deeply wish I could move back into this neighborhood so my kid could go to this school!

The seventh grade experience for my son has been terrible. He is constantly complaining of being "bored", his grades are the worse they have ever been, he is flunking English and getting D's in most other classes. Have any of these teachers reached out to us about this? No! Any teacher interaction has been initiated by us. They tell us we should be on top of our son's grades by logging onto parent portal but grades are not upgraded and the ridiculous BYOD policy makes it impossible for us to even make sure he is doing his homework. He has been in trouble a lot (I believe due to this boredom) and even had a 3 day suspension...the last day of it to be spent at school. Did an administrator, counselor, etc speak with him that day about this suspension...NO! Education and a child's success is not a priority at this school...pushing the administration's agenda is. The BYOD policy is the principal's agenda and is hurting these student's education. It is not required in any other middle school or high school. I will be looking for another school to finish his middle school out in. To say I am not at all impressed with school is an understatement.

This school has absolutely no leadership. Disorganization, favoritism, and safety violations are saturated throughout this school. The same set of rules apply to none of the students here. Sure, there are some really good teachers here, but, with the administration's lack of communication and downright disregard for policies, how can they shine? This school is unsafe. Education is secondary here. This school only offerered a bad experience for my child, and learning was not the priority. The BYOD is a constant struggle for students and teachers. Video games and social media present in ever classroom. You can't take back these experiences for your child. And some bad experiences are good for teaching, however, the ones at Oberon are not teachable moments. They are a result of whatever is easiest for the administration, and that can be 100% at the cost of your student's well being, and their education. Assaults are constant at this school- supervision is over looked here. Children who did well in elementary are failing their classes here. It's the environment, not the teachers. Take a serious look at the reviews on here from the last few years... Future students and parents, if you have other choices- take them! And Jeffco, please look into this mess at Oberon, and clean it up! For the sake of your students!

This school,is ridiculous. I used to go here as a child. And it was fine. But nowadays, it is just plain malarkey. Th Byod policy is very unnerving and stressful, as my child has had his Ipad taken away multiple times because of games. It may be his fault, but nobody should have ever brought there device to class, let alone school, because kids get bored and distracted easily. And the ridiculous rules they have. A kid gets suspension because they were using self defense against somebody else who was attacking him?!?! My son gets detention because he was messing around with his best friend!? I get a d and f call because he had that grade as of Wednesday, not the Friday I got the call? Stay away from here. If you want a safe place with decent rules and not get their ipad stolen, then move to another area, somewhere but here.

Oberon Middle School is the best! My family and I actually moved into Oberon's boundaries in order for my daughter to attend this school. The support, understanding and willingness to help my daughter who has special needs has been incredible. We are forever grateful. The principal, Mrs. Pena, is a brave and strong woman who also operates from a place of love - an amazing combination. Of course, there are a few teachers that are "tired" and need to go, however, the majority of the staff is terrific. As far as the negative comments posted here regarding the BYOD (bring you own device), I would encourage you to reconsider your position as the BYOD provides a number of positive elements to the students' education. I think we can all agree that our children will be obligated to utilize advanced technology in high school and college. How fortunate we are that our kids have the opportunity to be exposed to this technology now. I truly can say that I've never experienced a school with such integrity, vision and graciousness.

It is unfortunate that the administration at Oberon is choosing to hold on to the Bring Your Own Device campaign given the poor experience everyone had its first year. What is even more unfortunate is the new requirement to bring a tablet. Be prepared to shell out hundreds of dollars for your child to attend Oberon! Now we have 13-14 year olds learning to use devices instead of their brains. The Science department is absolutely atrocious in this school and I hope the administration realizes how destructive these devices are to our children sooner than later. These kids dont even know how to take notes or study for a test because there are NO lectures and NO TESTS! As for parent involvement, it is impossible to get involved at this school when the PTA is self-elected and rude to people who show up to meetings. Serious changes need to happen at Oberon.

We've had two students attend this school, different years. It Was a good school. Many negative changes now. Their Bring Your Own Device initiative has kids attached to "required" ipads, phones and computers all the time and yes despite the claims of the staff, the kids are absolutely texting and gaming during class. Actual educational instruction is lacking, relying mostly on Google. There are a couple of great teachers but I think they'll probably move onto others schools like the others did. Oberon needs a serious overhaul, new leadership and a back to basics curriculum, I'm glad we don't have students attending there next year. The kids attending Oberon will not be prepared for what lies ahead in high school.

Student: This has not been a good year. Except for one teacher who was awesome, I hated going pretty much everyday and I've always liked school. Wish I didn't have to go here next year :(

Our son had his best year ever at Oberon. After coming from Van Arsdale Elementary, where he had a fabulous experience and a very successful 7 years K-6, that's saying a lot. The teachers on his team at Oberon were great, the administration under Dana, our principle, has been superb and the kids are wonderful. He's choosing friends wisely, pulling great grades and growing up into a fine young man. We're very proud of him, and thrilled to be at Oberon.

Last modified Oberon Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.