Arvada, CO

Posted September 21, 2014
Oberon Middle School is the best! My family and I actually moved into Oberon's boundaries in order for my daughter to attend this school. The support, understanding and willingness to help my daughter who has special needs has been incredible. We are forever grateful. The principal, Mrs. Pena, is a brave and strong woman who also operates from a place of love - an amazing combination. Of course, there are a few teachers that are "tired" and need to go, however, the majority of the staff is terrific. As far as the negative comments posted here regarding the BYOD (bring you own device), I would encourage you to reconsider your position as the BYOD provides a number of positive elements to the students' education. I think we can all agree that our children will be obligated to utilize advanced technology in high school and college. How fortunate we are that our kids have the opportunity to be exposed to this technology now. I truly can say that I've never experienced a school with such integrity, vision and graciousness.

Posted July 19, 2014
It is unfortunate that the administration at Oberon is choosing to hold on to the Bring Your Own Device campaign given the poor experience everyone had its first year. What is even more unfortunate is the new requirement to bring a tablet. Be prepared to shell out hundreds of dollars for your child to attend Oberon! Now we have 13-14 year olds learning to use devices instead of their brains. The Science department is absolutely atrocious in this school and I hope the administration realizes how destructive these devices are to our children sooner than later. These kids dont even know how to take notes or study for a test because there are NO lectures and NO TESTS! As for parent involvement, it is impossible to get involved at this school when the PTA is self-elected and rude to people who show up to meetings. Serious changes need to happen at Oberon.

Posted May 19, 2014
We've had two students attend this school, different years. It Was a good school. Many negative changes now. Their Bring Your Own Device initiative has kids attached to "required" ipads, phones and computers all the time and yes despite the claims of the staff, the kids are absolutely texting and gaming during class. Actual educational instruction is lacking, relying mostly on Google. There are a couple of great teachers but I think they'll probably move onto others schools like the others did. Oberon needs a serious overhaul, new leadership and a back to basics curriculum, I'm glad we don't have students attending there next year. The kids attending Oberon will not be prepared for what lies ahead in high school.

Posted May 19, 2014
Student: This has not been a good year. Except for one teacher who was awesome, I hated going pretty much everyday and I've always liked school. Wish I didn't have to go here next year :(

Oberon Junior High School 0

Posted June 29, 2009
Our son had his best year ever at Oberon. After coming from Van Arsdale Elementary, where he had a fabulous experience and a very successful 7 years K-6, that's saying a lot. The teachers on his team at Oberon were great, the administration under Dana, our principle, has been superb and the kids are wonderful. He's choosing friends wisely, pulling great grades and growing up into a fine young man. We're very proud of him, and thrilled to be at Oberon.

Posted July 28, 2008

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted May 15, 2006

Posted February 22, 2004
I'm not a parent but I do go to this shcool, and I think that it has a great learning enviroment. Also the teachers are all dedacated to there work.

Oberon Junior High School 4

Posted December 05, 2003

Oberon Junior High School
7300 Quail St, Arvada, CO  80005
(303) 982-2020
Last modified Oberon Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oberon Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top