Public charter
Arvada, CO

Posted January 20, 2015
As a parent of 2 students at the school for the past 4 school years, I have very positive things to say about Lincoln Academy. Teachers and staff provide leadership, but parent involvement is always encouraged. I have personally chaperoned a field trip, participated in science fairs, attended a couple of board meetings and assisted with fund raisers. By policy, teachers email classroom academic agenda each Monday. They respond to emails promptly - usually the same day. One of my children is an over-achiever by nature, but the other has less academic aptitude. I feel that both of my children have been fostered and challenged appropriately. Additionally, I love that Lincoln Academy offers middle school athletics - soccer, volleyball, basketball and cross country. This is something that non-charter schools in the district currently don't. The school has recently moved to a 15 acre campus, so there is more room, including a track and practice/game fields, as well as a large gym with a stage and bleachers. Student drop-off and parking are challenging, but is managed well, with safety being of top importance. This is also improving, they are allocating space for additional parking.

Posted November 16, 2014
My daughter wakes me up all dressed and ready for school every day of the week. I love to see her excitement. She absolutely loves this school. The curriculum is so impressive and the results are great. Teachers are amazing and so carrying. I can't imagine my kids getting the education from somewhere else!

Posted August 09, 2014
I'm sad to read the 1 star comments. I'm new to CO and LOVE this school! Two of my 4 kids attend here (no space 4 older 1's yet). I loved the PM K teacher! Great communication, quick at responding to emails, very loving towards the kids. My daughter hated missing school when she was sick and talked about getting her missed school work as soon as possible. She would tell me the funny things her teacher would say and do throughout the afternoon of teaching. I am thrilled that she is practically reading and then sounding out bigger words (5 letters or more)! They had fun field trips both in class & outside of school. The holidays, it was fantastic to see the parent involvement and the numbers that attended!! My son was in 2nd gr. this past year and I loved his teacher and the communication she gave both by email, phone and after school during pick-up. She worked well with him and I could tell she was eager to help him learn and adjust to his learning styles as he has asperger's. I'm especially impressed with the principal because going through the drive through/pick-up line she seems to know each family by name! If she doesn't know you by name you can tell she is trying!

Posted July 19, 2014
We love Lincoln Academy. Our oldest transferred in 3rd grade - it was a very difficult year! He had abysmal skills from the neighborhood school and learning responsibility for things like turning in homework and getting correct answers took some effort. While he hated the neighborhood school and never felt he fit in, he has enjoyed making friends and building relationships at Lincoln. Our other two children started at Lincoln in Pre-K and Kindergarten. They love it! We have been impressed by the concern the teachers show and how well they know their students. We've had 8 teachers total, plus specials, and each one has sent out weekly emails updating parents on what the kids are learning & what is going on in the classroom. They have each responded to emails I have sent asking questions or making requests - usually responding within 24 hours. I wish I could say the same about my experience with teachers in the neighborhood schools. Lincoln is not a perfect fit for everyone, but we feel between Core Knowledge, dedicated teachers and the parent involvement, our children our getting a much better education than what was offered at the neighborhood Jeffco school.

Posted March 02, 2014
So thankful for this amazing school! Exceptional teachers, high expectations, amazing leadership! My children are having a very positive experience at Lincoln.

Posted February 12, 2014
Lincoln Academy has been nothing but a positive experience for my kids and our whole family. The staff knows the kids and the families and there is a strong community feel! The Core Knowledge Curriculum is fantastic! I wish I had learned all the things that my children have been exposed to from the earliest ages. I really appreciate the high expectations that the school has, not only in academic areas but also for behavior. I would definitely say this is a school to give strong consideration to if you want a structured, back-to-basics school!

Lincoln Charter Academy 1

Posted February 11, 2014
Do not take your child to this school. Teachers/Staff/Board of Directors do not communicate, return emails or calls. They don't deal with bullying. Waste of money! My son hates going to school. They don't use Love and Logic, even though they claim they did. They don't! If you want a robot kid that is not treated like a human being then by all means this is the school for you, but if you want more for your child and want them to shine as an individual, this school will not support that. I will be changing schools for the sake of my sons sanity!

Posted January 31, 2014
I am a PROUD Lincoln Academy parent. I can't imagine a better school for my children. My oldest started in Kindergarten & my younger child in Lincoln's PreK. Their teachers have been nothing but AMAZING. Teachers at Lincoln truly know their students & what each child needs to fulfill their potential. I was hesitant about the Whole Class Learning format, but quickly found that within that format teachers push or support students as needed. My kids LOVE the Core Knowledge curriculum & constantly share all they have learned in conversation & in trips to museums and other places. Reading the last 2 entries make me so very sad. The staff is wonderful about communication - updated webpages & the office staff sends out a weekly memo. Teachers always respond to my emails in a timely manner. New staff was added as the school expanded this year, but there is NOT a high turnover rate. Lincoln has a very steady staff of experienced teachers. The 1 time in NINE years that my oldest had a 1st year teacher, I was wowed by her professionalism & teaching ability. My oldest is now preparing for high school & I know he is prepared academically, socially, & emotionally for the transition.

Lincoln Charter Academy 3

Posted January 17, 2014
Used to be much better. If you read some of the other comments I believe the problems are from their tendency to higher younger, less experienced teachers. However, this is a problem for all charter schools. They can't pay their teachers as much as Jeffco can and Jeffco will only give an incoming teacher 5 years of experience credit on their pay schedule. That means the more experienced teachers are earning FAR LESS working at a charter school. After about 10 years of teaching experience it is a $10,000 hit. At 20 years it could be $25,000. It is hard for Lincoln to find dedicated and experienced teachers who will work for far less pay. That explains the high turnover and most of the new teachers don't really know how to teach that well, let alone Core Knowledge. By the time they do, the leave for regular public schools leaving the school without an experienced teacher so they hire another twit who just graduated and needs ANY teaching job on their way to teaching in regular public schools. If you have a choice, try to get one of the older, more experienced teachers. If any are left.

Lincoln Charter Academy 1

Posted October 31, 2013
Poor school. They only care about how much money they can get and what you can do for them! They do not care about parent concerns, never answer questions. It's a waste of money to take your child here! My son is in kindergarten and hates going to school. They do not use love and logic, which is false advertising!!! The put on a good show, but do not follow it up! No communication! No positive reinforcement! Horrible school! They are trying to make robot soldiers here. Kids are not allowed to be individuals! Do not take your child here!

Lincoln Charter Academy
6980 Pierce St, Arvada, CO  80003
Last modified Lincoln Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top