No rating

Shrine Of St Anne School

Private | K-8 | 40 students

Living in Arvada

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $163,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $750.

Posted July 9, 2014

Stability, strength, and community are words I think of when describing St. Anne's. As a parent attending a private school in an area where our local schools are ranked so high, I frequently get asked "Why St. Anne's over public schools?" I now have 3 children at this school ranging from Kindergarten to 8th Grade. The challenge is not raising perfect children but raising children who can handle life's imperfections. When they meet those challenges & imperfections, they can address them with dignity, courage, and respect. My 8th grader is now on a competitive baseball team; his conversations with his coach, his attitude on and off the field, and his ability to show respect to those parents and adults around him come from walking the halls in this school; conversations he has when I am not there with fellow classmates and teachers. My children feel very secure in these classrooms which allows them to express their uniqueness - free from judgement of others. 8 years ago, if someone would have asked me "why" - I'm not for sure I would have had a good answer but now I ask "Why not?".

Posted June 29, 2014

Though this school is a safer moral alternative to Common Core, you don't get much education for your tuition dollars. Kindergarten at SA is wonderful for the average child looking for a challenge. I can see it being frustrating for an unprepared child, but I really believe the teacher works with all abilities successfully. Unfortunately, the emphasis on academics ends there. There are teachers at SA who LOVE children and LOVE teaching. In that sense, SA is rich. The teachers, however, are crippled by disturbing curriculum omissions. There is little consistent effort across grades to teach spelling or writing and the lack of attention to mechanics of grammar is evident. Teachers who challenge students are criticized and forced to scale back expectations (unclear whether this was pressure from administration or parents). I am not wanting college prep in early elementary, but academics are not taken seriously here. There is no room for accelerated learning, nor is there a conscientious effort to work with students with learning challenges. Accelerated students and struggling students alike need to find a school to embrace them, not leave them to waste away for 7 hrs/day.

Posted March 11, 2014

I would rather not rate this school at all. My son was absolutely ecstatic about attending St. Anne's. We had our paper worked filled out and were lead to believe our son would soon be starting there. Then I was at the very last minute we were informed that he first needed to be "evaluated". I attended a Catholic school my entire life and was never once "evaluated" to see if I was good enough, and that is probably because the Catholic faith is one based on "Do not judge, lest ye be judged." Basically, he spent 15 minutes with a teacher, who decided he wasn't "ready" for St. Anne's. How do you judge a shy 5 year old in 10 minutes and say he is not allowed to attend? Ten minutes! We are Hispanic, and I personally felt very discriminated, and judged. My son is excelling at the school he currently attending, and it is a true blessing he did not attend this horrible excuse of a school. The parish should be ashamed, and should reconsider this absurd policy.

Posted October 6, 2011

We have two kids in St. Anne's right now and just moved to Colorado a few years ago. We have had a great experience at St. Anne's. In addition to strong accademics, the kids are taught life skills such as respect, friendship, love, faith, etc. I believe our children are and will be better people because of the experience. We have a local HS teacher in our neighborhood who says that St. Anne's kids come to HS much more accademically and emotionally ready.

Posted March 10, 2011

This is a school where academics and personal integrity are taken seriously. The learning environment is positive, so that the students look forward to school. The dedicated teaching staff combines with an involved parent community to assure a consistently supportive education system for the students. The students wear uniforms and enjoy a reputation in the community of being very well-mannered. Lessons of faith are integrated into the students daily lives, and community service projects also provide them with invaluable life lessons. My children have thanked me many times for sending them to the Shrine of St. Anne School!

Posted March 10, 2011

The Shrine of St. Anne School consistently produces excellent students, who also are courteous and caring members of the community.

Posted February 18, 2011

I am a parent of 3 graduates from the Shrine of St. Anne School. We have loved this school and its community since the very first day; and have continued our respect and admiration. My children were very prepared to enter high school. All three of my children went to a private high school. They were accepted in honor classes in math and English. St. Anne School is dedicated to teach the whole child . It offers so much more than their excellent academics which includes a phenomenal religion program that instructs children spiritually, and teaches service and community projects that stay with the child long after leaving the school. The students are confident in who they are and where they fit as leaders in high school and after. They often return to visit with their teachers and Vice Principal, and Principal showing that they respect and love the foundation that was taught to them. I have seen many alumni bring their children for the same nurturing education to St. Anne s - they want for their children the best in elementary education.

Posted February 9, 2011

I am a parent of three kids. 2 are currently at St. Anne's and one went through 8th grade and is now in High School. All three of my kids have received an excellent education. They all perform very well in national testing and my child in High School found it very easy to transition from St. Anne's. More importantly is how my kids do in social situations. They are confident and respectful when dealing with others. We always get compliments about their behavior. Thank you St. Anne's for helping us raise successful, confident, smart, God loving children.

Posted February 7, 2011

I have been a parent at Shrine of St. Anne School since the early 90's. I have close to 20 years of experience at the school as a parent. My older children were very well prepared for high school when they left Shrine of St. Anne. They had very high academic acheivement in high school garnering of them substantial academic scholarships to excellent universities. As a parent, I am proud of their academic success and I am proud of the fine adults they have become. Hard working, loving, faithfilled, respectful. I look back and believe it is the FOUNDATION they received in the early years of their education. The teachers, administration and othe parents and families had high expectations and that filtered in to the expections that they had for my children as well. They were always surrounded by loving families that expected the best of them. I find that children rise to meet the expectation that is placed on them. I still have children at St. Anne's and am very happy that the school continues to maintains those high standards.

Posted January 27, 2011

Shrine of St. Anne School is an excellent choice to make for educating the whole child. As a parent, I know that my children are receiving an excellent education academically. I also know that they are being provided the opportunity to develop as a Catholic Christian, and I see them becoming young people of virtue. This is not easy in our society today, but the teachers and admininstration at Shrine of St. Anne are committed to developing not only intelligent young people, but decent ones, as well. Parents are always welcome and they are very involved in making St. Anne's a great school. The connection between home and school is very strong, which creates a partnership that is very beneficial to your child. I highly recommend this school!

Posted March 26, 2010

Both my sons have attended Shrine of St. Anne. My oldest was easily accepted to any High School he applied to in the Denver Metro Area. St. Anne's has not only done a great job of educating my children, but they have prepared them to be great human beings as well.

Posted October 27, 2009

It is ok. I would give it a three. As a parent I would like to see the student: teacher ratio smaller. I fell the students would have better test scores.

Posted June 11, 2007

I just graduated from this school after attending it for eight years, and i must say what a blessing it was. My class was extremely close, and i formed friendships that will last a lifetime. Here, students grow academically, spiritually, and socially. It is a great school, and i encourage everyone to check it out.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Denver

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7320 Grant Place