PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Maranatha Christian Center 4

Posted April 19, 2015
Maranatha was a beautiful school and campus. The people behind it are real estate gurus. Check our their work with Sonshine Ranch in Larkspur and Sonshine Oaks Retreat in South Carolina. Whether educating students to their beliefs, real estate endeavors, or ministering to pastors sharing their beliefs in beautiful, luxurious estates, the ministries of Maranatha know no limits.

Maranatha Christian Center 2

Posted June 22, 2014
Awest is the worst schoo l lots of bullying a kid broke my d aughters arm and the admistrati on did nothing all they, did was complaining about her grades and her attedence and tryed to blame her the admin is horrable sertain teach would yell at her hate the school all the teachers do is yell at her for her grades and stand do nothing about the bullying at the school lots of fighting. Its the worst school

Posted February 14, 2012
I have been to this school on numerious occasions to observe, ask questions of staff/administration and personally critique the school from their cafeteria, classrooms, gym, athletic fields outside, and especially the interactions of students with students and students with faculty. My findings were all above my expectations and far above average as was to be observed from just passing by and looking over at the school and it's property. I was very impressed with my findings and my son and daughter were looking at sending their children to this school before they both (being in the military) got transfered out of state recently. Alas and sorry to say, my five grandkids won't be able to share and receive the experience I did of walking the halls and grounds of this Christian school. But maybe when they return...

Posted January 23, 2012
Maranatha as a school strongly squelches thinking outside the box (the Maranatha box) Succeeding depends a lot on who you are . As a new student transferring in from a public school I came in with a strong core of lanquage, math, historical and yes, those pesky social skills so necessary to compete & thrive in real business. I think the teachers do what they can....again it depends on who you/they are among the instructors as well. I hesitate to say "the chosen few" but it applies. Very disconcerting to the new kid on the block trying to fit in while taking a while to figure things out. I didn't do it often but the few times i questioned "the status quo" and "the way things go" I was squelched and strongly encouraged to keep my thoughts/opinions to myself. Which I did BEGGED my parents to let me go to public school and they did. "Thank God , I do" MY parents used the ratings for the public schools that also come up on this website and they rate higher than Maranatha.

Posted December 29, 2011
I am a former student that transferred into Maranatha in the middle of high school after moving into Colorado. I came from a public school education that very challenging and taught me to think and learn for myself. While Maranatha is like a family environment which teaches good principles and has biblical roots, the educational experience is far from adequate at best. Having experienced both public school education and private I can honestly say that Maranatha did nothing to prep students for a college education. Instead, they hyped up their "high standards" to make students feel like they were achieving success, but only to fall flat on their faces when entering college. Learning vocabulary as a senior in high school instead of reading literature is hardly the way to rear a student. If it were not for my public school education I would've been lost after high school, probably still waiting on tables at a restaurant. I do appreciate the teachers and their willingness to connect with the students. My comments are not reflective of the environment, but more about the education and prepping students for the future. Isn't that what school is about?

Posted June 08, 2011
As a former student at Maranatha, I felt academically unprepared when I left to attend public school. I ended up taking summer school to catch up to others in my grade level. My three years of experience with Maranatha left a bitter taste about Christianity in mouth. Standards were different depending on who you were. If you held views that were slightly different from the administration you were immediately thrown onto a watch list to ensure you did not spread your "impure" thoughts with other students. I do give Maranatha's teachers credit for hanging in there, some of the teachers were truly top rate. I however credit my success in business and life to my public school education, and none of it to the time I spent at Maranatha.

Posted August 26, 2010
Maranatha is a great school. I wanted to highlight the art teacher, Mr. Thomas VanDeman. He is by far the most talented teacher - he can teach anyone to draw! He also is a great teacher of the Bible and has great rapport with the kids.

Posted August 19, 2010
Christian based education....I think not! If you choose to go this rout be aware of the many factors that will effect your child for the rest of their academic career and possibly life. Old curriculum (you will have better resources in a home school scenario) Leadership is poor in judgement and laking in any real values. So the public school was not for your child we thought that at one point too. We were fooled into believing this was our only option. Don't let the wolf in sheep's clothing into your child's life! By the time you find out it isn't grandma in there, it could be too late.!! Yes PRAY! make the right choices and look at all the options and choices available.

Maranatha Christian Center 2

Posted July 14, 2010
uses old curriculum, does not pay teachers in time, pay-cut, no health insurance, no sick days, no snow days, not proffesional, does not verify the truth before reprimanding.

Posted April 20, 2010
I have two sons at Maranatha and we've been there for two years. Another school gave up on my oldest and told me a public school would have special education for him. Maranatha took him in, refused to give up on him and he is excelling beyond my wildest dreams. The teachers, staff, and administrators are genuinely loving, God-fearing, people of high integrity and my boys love it there. I would recommend this school to any prospective parent seeking a quality academic program with strong Christian principles. The athletic programs are expanding and they have opened a new student center where children can gather for fellowship and fun (there are games, puzzles, foosball, ping-pong, chess tables, an old time jukebox and great food). This is the place for your children to learn and to show the world they are not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. God Bless Maranatha!

Maranatha Christian Center
7180 Oak St, Arvada, CO  80004
Last modified Maranatha Christian Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-12