Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 31, 2016
We had some very good teachers that my children loved, and then they were gone. It is disappointing that they shuffle the teachers around so much - hard to get to know them very well. Also, there are so many students that is is hard to get good communication about how my child is doing specifically.

Meiklejohn Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2016
The school has good teachers and luckily dedicated parents which is what makes this a good school. It is hard to get good communication from the school, especially if you are from out of state and know nothing about any of the 'special' programs that may be available for your child.

Meiklejohn Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
Meiklejohn is a school with dedicated staff, parents, and students. It is a high performing school and sets the bar at that level. The staff are strong and have a great deal of knowledge and support to help the students achieve at their level. The school is growing quickly and thus far has been able to handle the rapid growth.

Posted August 04, 2013
Our daughter was very verbal and a highly distractable kindergartener-- no problem for Ms. Harris, who is amazing!! Our daughter enjoyed her class so much and came home reading at the mid 1st grade level at mid year. Principle Schrant was very involved, caring, and effective at the helm as well.

Posted April 11, 2013
My daughter has attended this school for 5 years now and we both love it. The building and amenities are great, but even better is the teaching staff and caring support they give. The are vigilant about appropriate interactions, dealing with the potentials before there are problems, and rewarding positive behaviors. (Pizza party for the kids who come in before the bell and get to work!) So the kids are confident learners with lots of optional activities as outlets to their talents. Finally, the test scores and number one ranking in the state are just validation that this school has all the pieces together. The only thing missing is 7th and 8th grade, so she wouldn't have to go through middle school angst! I have the utmost regard for Meiklejohn.

Posted November 20, 2011
Our son and daughter have attended Meiklejohn since it opened and couldn't be happier with the education and attention they receive there! The parents are super involved and the educators are amazing. They identify kids w special strengths, as well as those w special needs and give them both the tools they need to excel! At Meiklejohn, they care about the whole child and will help you child realize his/ her full potential. Having attended both public and private schools myself, I agree w the other reviewer who said she feels as if her children are getting the quality of a private school education at Meiklejohn. For example, kids have the opportunity to push themselves through advanced learning plans, great enrichment after-school enrichment, band/ choir/ orchestra , ameritown, theater, running club, etc. Thank you to all the committed, knowledgeable and generous members of the Meiklejohn family (from the office staff to the teachers to principal Schrant to the parents) -- all of whom make this school feel like a second home.

Posted February 02, 2010
I have 2 children at this school and I couldn't been more thrilled. I feel like my kids are getting a private education for free! My son was behind in reading in first grade and with the wonderful one on one tutoring her received, he was up to speed by the end of the year. They have great after school activities provided by PTA. Every classroom has a smart board which students use for every day activities. I can't say enough!

Posted November 17, 2009
I started my relationship with Meiklejohn with my young daughter in pre-k, due to some learning issues. The pre-k department was incredible and helped her so much in gaining her confidence. The next year she went to kindergarten and i entered my son into pre-k and my older daughter into 3rd grade. The principal amazes me with his memory and his sense of calm, which in turns keeps the entire team of teachers and staff at Meiklejohn a joy to be around. I am so glad i found this school. The kindergarten teacher, Mrs Schynder is a remarkable teacher with both my younger children. Her ability to help my son grow and her willingness to take the time to understand his RAD was awesome and from my few years of experience now with Meiklejohn, she is a direct representation of all the teachers and staff in this school.

Posted September 19, 2007
This is the best school ever! My mom didn't think it was but I convinced her to let me go. Mrs Kuhlmann's the best teacher ever I have so many friends. it is only my first year and I already love it!

Posted May 01, 2007
Meikeljohn is an excellent school both by design and faculty alike. My son attends the PreK program which has been a blessing. The staff has worked well with his separation anxiety and I have always felt safe in leaving him there. The staff is open to suggestions and very available for counsel. The principal is extraordinary, both his easy style and approachable personality have been wonderful.

13405 West 83rd Place, Arvada, CO  80005
Last modified Meiklejohn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.