Bad
Good

There is much inconsistency at the school, in discipline, academics, and practices. Administration keeps changing and seems top heavy.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There has been a lot of turnover at this school, with effective teachers being let go without explanation or reason related to their job.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Students in the middle and high school classes are being assigned an appropriate amount of homework. The college classes may not operate with the same rigor that students in classes on campus experience. Students often feel unprepared once they leave the ECA campus for a four year university.

Develops character: Neutral

The administration does not set an example of honesty, integrity and fairness. Students are taught to think critically, so any contribution the school has for this is coming from the classrooms.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The administration and teachers handle discipline issues promptly and are very interested in kids success and education.

It has been a great High School experience for our daughter. She will begin her college courses in the fall. The Administration and Board seam very cooperative. All of her teachers have been very helpful.

I started attending this school in the fall of 2012. I am now a junior here, enrolled in three college classes with six college credits from UCD already under my belt. I've come to have one of the greatest experiences one can have for high school: I've gotten friends who are incredibly close to me, I've made friends with staff (as most do, because here I've found they're very personable), had straight As with the help from students and teachers, and have gotten the opportunity for a jump start on my college career with true college professors. It was here that I found myself; I had the encouragement of, "Question Authority," to not only absorb what I'm learning in class but question why it works and understand the underlying factors. It was here that I went through twelve different career wants, because of introduction to new classes. Mock Trial made me want to be a lawyer, Anatomy and Physiology made me want to be a Doctor, Calculus makes me want to study math, Chemistry makes me want to be a scientist, Composition makes me want to be a writer. What I've learned here, at this amazing school, is to see The Big Picture - what knowledge is, and how to seek it.

This school is full of teachers who really do care. The school stays true to its mission of preparing students for college classes. Any student who wants to go to college should come here because they will learn the skills and habits needed to be successful in college.

I started going to Early College of Arvada in 8th grade and this year I am a senior. Our school does not have sports, dances, club opportunities, and electives like other high schools offer. This school is more based on academics and preparing you for college. The teachers want to see you succeed and will do anything in their power to help you if you ask. College classes for free saving you so much money. Regular high school students struggle in college because there is a huge gap between high school and college. That is not the case at this school. You have to choose between having better extra circulars or being prepared and ready for success in college.

This school is my home. I started attending this school as a freshman and I am going into my senior year this week. ECA has motivated me to not give up, settle, or get pushed down. I have learned that whatever it is that I am facing at the time is not a bad thing, they are all learning lessons. Because of this school I am excited to continue onto college and make a name of myself, though they have made me feel that I do matter already, due to the sole fact that they have shown me that I can. And I will. Of course this school isn't for everyone- it's for those who care and are willing to do what it expected out of them so that they have the best experience possible. The school's mission is simple, but the dream is different for everyone. The flexibility, the passion, and the love that all the staff shares is remarkable. Nothing matters to me more than this foundation- this home.

Last modified Early College High School At Arvada is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.