Posted August 14, 2014
This school is full of teachers who really do care. The school stays true to its mission of preparing students for college classes. Any student who wants to go to college should come here because they will learn the skills and habits needed to be successful in college.

Posted August 14, 2014
I started going to Early College of Arvada in 8th grade and this year I am a senior. Our school does not have sports, dances, club opportunities, and electives like other high schools offer. This school is more based on academics and preparing you for college. The teachers want to see you succeed and will do anything in their power to help you if you ask. College classes for free saving you so much money. Regular high school students struggle in college because there is a huge gap between high school and college. That is not the case at this school. You have to choose between having better extra circulars or being prepared and ready for success in college.

Posted August 10, 2014
This school is my home. I started attending this school as a freshman and I am going into my senior year this week. ECA has motivated me to not give up, settle, or get pushed down. I have learned that whatever it is that I am facing at the time is not a bad thing, they are all learning lessons. Because of this school I am excited to continue onto college and make a name of myself, though they have made me feel that I do matter already, due to the sole fact that they have shown me that I can. And I will. Of course this school isn't for everyone- it's for those who care and are willing to do what it expected out of them so that they have the best experience possible. The school's mission is simple, but the dream is different for everyone. The flexibility, the passion, and the love that all the staff shares is remarkable. Nothing matters to me more than this foundation- this home.

Posted August 04, 2014
ECA provides an accepting, challenging environment for learning. I love working here because my students feel free to discuss ideas that matter, and to design assignments that fit their passions. It is not possible to succeed by skating by on minimal effort here, and the rewards of hard work are tangible: free college credit and self-knowledge.

Early College High School At Arvada 1

Posted April 12, 2014
There are a lot of behavior problems and it is very hard to learn. There is a lot of stress at ECA. There is far to much vulgar language in this school. The principal has changed over the years and it has gone downhill.

Early College High School At Arvada 4

Posted July 09, 2013
Going to ECA for all of my high school years was a great change and alternative from home schooling I was doing for middle school . ECA was a nice environment and most of the staff really care and are willing to help you. The small class sizes allow you to have more one on one help with a teacher if you needed it. However, you do need to put effort into the school work if you expect to get good grades. Since this school is a college prep school, it is important to be serious about your studies. Some people I have known didn't take school seriously and didn't even work half "you know what" so they opted for another school. It is not super difficult to get good grades here ,though, as long as you are willing to pay attention to lectures ,do your homework, and ask for help when you need it.

Posted November 09, 2011
We love this school, they allow my son to take any class that he's capable of doing, he's not locked into certain classes for certain grades. The teachers are phenomenal and will teach him far beyond high school level.

Posted September 21, 2010
The dedication of the teachers and administrators. How they empower the kids to learn, what they teach, how they motivate the kids to do well.

Posted October 12, 2009
Great opportunity to get college for free

Posted October 01, 2009
It is giving our son a great opportunity in a small structured environment. The teachers and staff really care about the kids and their education!

Early College High School At Arvada
4905 West 60th Ave, Arvada, CO  80003
Last modified Early College High School At Arvada is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Early College High School At Arvada Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.