Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

While this school had many wonderful teachers, it does help that kids aren't getting the attention and education that is needed. This school has recently combined 5th and 6th grade. While that can be beneficial, it isn't when it is 2 classes with 27 + kids in each class. This ensures that troubled children or children with learning problems will get the bulk of the attention or they may not get the attention that they need. This isn't a win for anyone.

I'm Rob Malling, the new principal at Allendale. I had a few schools in Jeffco interested in interviewing me for a principal position and I turned some of them down. I was focused on leading Allendale after I learned what this school is all about and where they are headed. Allendale is a small neighborhood school that values their ability to connect with families and students, The school just celebrated their 50th anniversary and many community members came out to show their appreciation for this school. Teachers here want to work here and they aren't afraid to put in the extra hours to meet their students' needs. Student here like their school and realize that they need to work hard and listen to their teachers if they are going to improve. The staff put students first in their decisions and involve families in their child's education. This is a school where I would send my own children as I know they will be cared for and provided a rigorous education. Come by and check us out as we want our neighborhood families to attend their neighborhood school. I'll give you a tour and share all that is happening at our school. Thanks.

Don't be discouraged by the rating system here. This is a great school! We have 3 kids at Allendale. My oldest started there 6 years ago in kindergarten and we've been so grateful for their time here. I remember being upset that this was our neighborhood school because it had a low rating on greatschools.org, but the reality has been the total opposite. The teachers know my kids, care about my kids, and challenge my kids. They've had access to great extracurricular activities, and they have thrived. The only thing I don't like is the playground is in desperate need of an overhaul (I assume that's coming in the next few years), but otherwise I have nothing but love for Allendale, the families in the community, the neighborhood, and most of all the school staff. Allendale is truly a hidden gem, and I'm so glad we got "stuck" here.

This school continues to know every kid by name. For being a Title school, I'm very pleased with the unique one on one attention all the kids receive. My children have been at Allendale since kindergarten and one is in high school now and one currently in 5th grade and we have loved our experience here. Principal Malling and previous Principal Harrington are wonderful and know the children and their needs. Our teachers have been top notch and create a positive learning environment that my children have loved! Instructional coach Mrs. Hernandez is awesome. She has brought teaching to a new level to help guide our teachers in providing the best educational tools to teach our kids. We have art, music, drama, after school activities programs and many more. I must say we had/have great teachers. My kids have always praised all their teachers to be the best, ones that made a big impact on them and our family. The teachers here really care and for some strange reason this is rare these days, many just do their jobs and forgot about the love of teaching and why they wanted to become a teacher, well these teachers didn't. Some our best teachers ever Mrs. Salvucci, Mrs. Sawyer, Mrs. Barnes, Mrs. Smith, and Mrs. Garbee. They truly love our kids and they hire the finest teachers. Thank you for giving our kids such a great start to school life. They will treasure it always - such amazing memories. A safe and happy school and our kids love it. Allendale provides an inspiring environment for children to grow. I am so very proud of what my children are and had achieved at Allendale. Thank you teachers and staffs for all you do!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Allendale have been tremendously helpful and caring! Approachable, honest, reachable and prompt, these teachers are amazing!!!!

Amount of homework: Agree

All kids I know seem to get alot more homework then I remember having. It's not really just this school, but all schools have changed the way they teach math. It's completely different than what I learned, therefore hard for me to help my daughter

Develops character: Strongly agree

All faculty members of Allendale always have been amazing at making each child responsible for themselves and the decisions that they make.

My daughter attended Allendale elementary, k-6, and I have never regretted sending her to this school. Staff is friendly, teachers are personable and caring, principle is engaged and always treat you like family.

My children have been this school for the past 5 years and we have had an excellent experience!

My son has been a student at Allendale for the last 3 years and he likes going to school and loves his teachers. This school does a lot for its students and families when it comes to educating and communicating with parents as well as activities and after school programs.

Last modified Allendale Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.