Arvada, CO

Posted November 09, 2013
Arvada High School has done an excellent job with the students that want to get a superior education. Students have earned over 3 million dollars in scholarships last year. Full scholarships to top rated Universities. Standford, Alabama, DU to name a few. Every school has students that do not apply themselves but if yours does - teachers and counselors will go above and beyond to help them succeed. Arvada sports teams may not win state championships but players get to play rather than riding the bench. But lets not forget 3 state wrestling champs, several football players signed to universities, cross country runners competing at the college level and more. You get out what you put in; Arvada staff will help you achieve your goals and will be right beside of you.

Posted November 07, 2013
this is a school that cares about you. if it is too easy try taking some AP classes and then see, but it is a great school because of the friendly teachers and students, there are basically no cliques and everyone hangs out with everyone. I wouldn't want to go to any other school because of it. Arvada High School is a school with great diversity and passion. It is a great school with a bad reputation only because some students don't care, but the ones that do care, will succeed and be great.

Arvada High School 2

Posted April 05, 2013
Arvada High School in a nutshell is not the best school to go to. The students there are friendly but I learned a lot more in Moore Middle School and that school was not so good too. Some teachers just seem to let you kick back and just let life past you. I expected I wasn't going to do well there, but my grades flipped on a dime. I went from slipping through the cracks having D's in middle school to having A's in almost every class in high school. The classes were too easy. I didn't change a thing on what I did on my approach to school. No disrespect to the students at Arvada high, but they just seem lazy. A lot of students get D's and F's. They don't seem to care. It is not entirely the schools fault, the parents need to step up and teach their kids to do work; that everything in life will not come free. If you want your kid to be challenged don't go to Arvada HS. I was more challenged in seventh grade then in nineth grade. It is better than nothing though. To sum it up Arvada HS is a place to make friends, not very challenging, and all around a not so good place to learn a lot. I am a student at Arvada High and I hope you found this review helpfull.

Posted September 15, 2011
I am a student at Arvada High School and wouldn't want to go to any other high school. I was excepted into every high school in the area, but I chose Arvada High School. The teachers are amazing and truly care about the welfare of their students. I am a NAOS student (North Area Optional School) and have had nothing but positive experiences with this school! Several of my friends who go to Pomona and Lakewood have agreed that AHS is much more welcoming and friendly! So please remember not to believe everything you hear about us!

Posted August 26, 2011
I like that this school does not have the "cliques" and group harassment that many other high schools have. My son, who is not very outgoing, does not feel pressure to "be popular" that he has felt at other schools. The teachers are extremely supportive, dedicated, and qualified. They have a large variety of classes, including many honors and AP classes. There is even an honors program called NAOS with high level classes and graduation standards. I am very happy with the education of my son and would recommend this high school to anyone.

Posted May 13, 2011
3.I would choose this school over Pomona or A West any day. That is if your child is not very smart and you don't want to challenge him/her in anyway shape or form. If you just want to have your child pass high school and not go to college this and Denver public schools are for you. 4. This I totally agree with: This school is awful. The curriculum would not challenge a 4th grader and it still did not make the yearly adequate yearly progress. I know someone who was caught cheating without any consequences. These kids are being pushed through without learning how to read or write for the real world. I would ... Read more like to know the percentage of graduates who have a high enough GPA and ACT scores to get into something other than a community college. I bet that number is as low as the CSAP scores. This school needs to return to teaching reading, writing and math to raise their test scores and forget about the 'egos' of the children. Telling kids who aren't making the grades they need to success that they are doing well, is just setting them up for complete failure in the real world. THANK YOU! 3 of 5 character number to long. See older posts.

Posted May 13, 2011
2. The teachers are very friendly and make Arvada an awesome place to be. a welcoming place. I love Arvada! I found out that only applies to kids that are not a challenge to anyone and does what they are told. So how many teenagers do you know like that? If yours is one you are very lucky. If not do not send your child there. I had an awful time trying to get a hold of teachers. They took weeks to get back to phone calls, and emails. I had to go into the school and get the Principal involved to get the teachers to do their jobs with communicating with me!! Then they had the nerve to say "Why did you get my superior involved. I informed them that I sent multiple phone calls, and email with no responses. They did not care and because they got into trouble it was my fault....Oh well you tell the students "If you you do the job you are supposed to, you will not get into trouble" That goes for you as well. Communicate to the parents when they address a concern and I would not have had to go to the principal. 2 of 5 character number to long. See older posts.

Posted May 13, 2011
If I could give this a school a negative rating...I WOULD!!!!!! OK to address other things posted here ahem: 1. CSAP scores are a poor way to judge a schools success. OK then why do it? I guess having a school that rates lower ten any other school in the district means nothing. Just look he other way kind of like a mugging in process. 1 0f 5 character number to long.

Posted May 13, 2011
I do agree however that the school has the highest diversity in the surrounding schools. Also I agree with this statement: " when I hear other parents and teens share their stories from other schools. Arvada does not seem to have the same level harassment and hierarchy that other schools have. The football players hang out with band members, etc. My son, who is generally shy and quiet, feels comfortable going to this school and is confident that he is not going to be attacked, mentally or physically, for being himself." I fear for children going here. Some are to the point they will do whatever to fit in, and keep their parents in the dark. This is more of a school for lower achievers, and stoners. The sports program is awful and not competitive at all. They lose 75% of thair matches in every sport offered when my student attended there, so they are about equal to the band performers. Our overall experiance there was awful. I would not recomend this school to even my worst enemy. If your child has a furture please send them to one of the surrounding schools. Please. 5 of 5 character number to long.

Posted December 18, 2009
Arvada High is a wonderful school. Anyone who attends the school would agree. It is not fair to give Arvada a bad reputation. CSAP scores are a poor way to judge a schools success

Arvada High School
7951 West 65th Ave, Arvada, CO  80004
Last modified Arvada High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arvada High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top