Foster Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2014
I'm the parent that rated Foster 2 stars. I would also like to add they do have AWESOME after before and after school activities!! I was very please with the range of activities....drama, basketball, jump rope club, crochet, reading, spanish, circus arts etc. I put my kids in a bunch of them and they really enjoyed attending! Never wanting to miss a club!!

Posted April 26, 2014
Foster Elementary educates the student on academics and being part of a community. The school has a vibrant extracurricular program that enhances friendships and skills. The Dual language program is well thought out and provides kids with an extra challenge and skill.

Posted July 19, 2011
We used to live in Arvada, unfortunately we had to move to Aurora. We had our daughter in this school , Foster and the teachers are great. My daughter was learning. Here in Aurora we can't seem to find anything that compares to such a great school. It's really quite disappointing she can not attend this school now. Great school!!

Foster Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2010
The dedication of the staff at Foster is amazing; If I have ever seen teachers and principals give 110% for their students, it has been here. My kids did not participate in the immersion program and yet they still had focused, challenging teachers. The school has so many great after school and extracurricular programs, so my kids could keep as busy as they wanted to be. The teachers also made sure to identify gifts and strengths in my children and to challenge them individually. The kids came home happy and inspired often. And when there were disciplinary issues that involved or affected my kids, I felt the staff dealt quickly, effectively and respectfully with all parties. Yes the school is in a lower income area. But, I am so grateful that there was a safe and stimulating place for my children to attend while we were at a financially difficult time in our lives. Thank you Foster! Keep up the great work!!

Foster Elementary School 1

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted January 05, 2009
Foster teaches so much more than CSAP academics. The dual immersion language program is giving my children an edge in their education and future careers. The conflict resolution and Peace Jam is helping them get along in an increasingly difficult world. They regularly come home happy and excited to talk about what they have been doing. The staff is warm and helpful. We're so lucky to have found this school.

Foster Elementary School 0

Posted November 07, 2008
This school has its heart in the right place and offers a good dual immersion program which tends to favor the Spanish speakers slightly more than the English speakers. Lower CSAP scores can be attributed to the large enrollment of native Spanish speakers so don't be perturbed by that. There is a strong support system in place at this school with helpful and friendly assistants and some dedicated teachers, although it appears that some are just trying to get the kids on to the next year. The kids seem to like it there but there seems to be a breakdown in discipline at time with them leaning toward a more 'lets talk about it' than a consequential approach. It's an okay school for that neighborhood where the income levels are slightly lower and with more funding it could be good.

Posted October 28, 2008
Both of my children are in the Spanish Immersion program, and they are doing so well...not only with their spanish, but in all other areas as well. The principle and the teachers/staff are all amazing. I would recommend this school to ANYONE with children!!

Foster Elementary School 0

Posted March 03, 2008
My son is in his second year at Foster (he started in the dual immersion program in kindergarten). I have been SO pleased with this school so far - the teachers have been fantastic, the principal and other leaders are innovative and are really on the ball. I like that they have taken a challenge - a primarily Spanish speaking population - and turned it into an opportunity learn two languages and foster tolerance and appreciation of other cultures. There are so many opportunities for parent involvement: in my time there some examples of this have included: student/parent cooking classes; after school art programs that welcome parent involvment; ESL classes for Spanish speaking parents and Spanish classes for English speaking parents. Like another reviewer said, looking at the CSAP scores won't tell you a thing about how fantastic this school is - you've got to check it out!

Posted January 24, 2008
Both of our children have shown fast improvement. We are very pleased with their teachers and the staff. Thank you very much Foster.

Foster Elementary School
5300 Saulsbury Court, Arvada, CO  80002
Last modified Foster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foster Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top