Bad
Good

One of best Elementary schools.My daughter went there from kindergarten to 6th grade in the GT program. Great teachers

My daughter went to Hackberry Hill for six years. It was an amazing experience and prepared her for the transition to middle school. While we were pleased with all of her teachers, the music teacher is outstanding. Ms. Mogan instills a love of music into all of her students.

Last year was a rough year for HH: there has been "acting principals" assigned to HH due to Mr. Blair's promotion and health concerns of the previous incoming principal who had been expected to stay. There was also a spike in enrollment numbers, which was challenging. That written, I am still so impressed with the HH faculty. The music, art, and homeroom teachers have I meant over the last 3 years and two children are dedicated and highly qualified. My kids have fortunately not been bullied there, as far as I am aware; hopefully with the new principal, we will have more stability in the HH social environment and better crack down of any bullying.

The GT Center at HH has done wonderful things for our kids. The growth we've seen in them is nothing short of amazing. Instead of daily worksheets for homework, they often have projects in which they study in depth a topic and learn so much more. The teachers are caring and are very receptive to parental input. There have been many principals, but one has been chosen and is expected to add a sense of stability to the school. The music program with Sue Mogan and Amy Woodley is top notch. The PTA is so open and appreciative of parental involvement. There are so many extracurricular activities: Oral Interpretation, Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, Reflections, Science Fair, Talent Show, etc. Our kids couldn't be happier at Hackberry.

The only good thing about this school is the music program. They have had 5 different principals in the last 5 years, and they can't seem to get their act together since Mr. Blair left. They do not communicate very well, homework is a joke, and they don't provide a bully safe environment for the kids. If a child is a bully, they learn how to perfect the bullying behavior there and are not held accountable. The GT program is what I would consider a regular education and not a Gifted one. The homework they get is a couple of worksheets a week in their Friday folder and it doesn't give the children the reinforcement they need for what they are learning in class. The teachers also don't communicate what they are teaching unless you are physically able to come volunteer in the classroom itself. Some of us cannot do that. They are also not very effective in using the available resources of parent volunteers. Even if we can't come into the classroom, we want to volunteer, but there are no opportunities for us to do so. Overall, if you have a GT kid, take them to a charter or homeschool them. They won't get any better education here than at any other public school.

Our grandson is receiving an excellent education, both in Kindergarten and this year in 1st grade. As his grandparent and a retired teacher of 32 yrs., I really appreciate the curriculum he is exposed to each day. The discipline chart for the day keeps us informed about his boyish behavor and we can support his teacher in staying steady the course. He and I love the Raz-Kid program for extra reading activities. THANKS

I am impressed daily with this school. The academics, the music program, after school activities, the teachers and the parental involvement. If you wants a school that is top notch. This is the school for your child.

At Hackberry, it's starts with an outstanding principal. Mr. Blair sets a high standard that trickles down through the ranks. I continue to be impressed with the quality of the faculty. Each teacher cares deeply about the kids and brings enthusiasm and experience to the classroom. Ms. Landis-Eigsti, Ms. Gallagher and Ms. McCracken are all stars for the 1st and 2nd grade GT programs. And is there a better elementary music program in the state? Special kudos to Ms. Mogan for all you do.

My daughter attends the first grade at Hackberry Hill in the gifted magnet program. The school and its community are wonderful. They focus on making children happy, well rounded, and socially healthy as well as educated.

This is a truly outstanding school. My son gets more individualized attention here than he did at a private school with only 7 children in the classroom. Teachers are caring, warm and the principal is outstanding. I have never met a principal (and I have gone through a few) that not only cared so much, but that actually has the personal skills to make a difference.

Last modified Hackberry Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.