Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

New administration and the school has no effective behavior management system. Individual teachers are great but very high turnover of staff over the past two years. The feeling of a safe community is gone.

My husband and I have been very unhappy with the quality of education our son has gotten in the pre-school program at Secrest. We feel that he has not been academically challenged. We have tried to address this problem several times with school personnel. Unfortunately, they have not made any adjustments to classroom instruction. They also have not made any attempts to differentiate for our child. Additionally, we feel that the staff has not taken sufficient steps in dealing with inappropriate behavior by certain students. Despite the fact that this has been a problem since August, the staff does not seem to believe any action should be taken regarding the behavior. Overall, we are very unhappy with Secrest and are considering taking our child out before the school year ends. I WOULD NOT recommend this school to other parents, particularly if their children are very bright. Their children will not receive instruction at an appropriate level. The staff also seems very unwilling to differentiate instruction for advanced students.

Secrest has the best teachers, principal and staff. They have helped my son blossom as a student, a musician and an artist. I love Secrest.

Every single teacher and staff member at this school is terrific.. They are very warm and genuinely care about the students and family.

Dont judge this school by the state's overall grade - above all the teachers here care about the children. My child is going in 3rd grade and you couldnt ask for a better school

My kids have no problem learning here. We love this school and the teachers are great! Maybe it is just your student that is not learning!

I have got to say with the schools report card this is untrue. The teachers the staff even the gym teacher they are all genuine and really care about one child individually. I cant thank you enough for being part of my childs life.

This is not a good school. Students are not learning! Too many students in the classroom with only 1 teacher.

Secrest is a great neighborhood school. Principle Chiles has really done a lot for this school and the teachers are great! Great community feel.

I credit Ms. Snow Kindegarten class and Ms. Yang 1st grade. They go over and beyond what it takes to make a great student. Ms. Carmosino is heaven with all her activities and ideas that she shares with the whole 1st Grade. If you choose to enroll your child into Secrest you are doing them a favor. We love it here.

Last modified Secrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.