Secrest Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2013
My husband and I have been very unhappy with the quality of education our son has gotten in the pre-school program at Secrest. We feel that he has not been academically challenged. We have tried to address this problem several times with school personnel. Unfortunately, they have not made any adjustments to classroom instruction. They also have not made any attempts to differentiate for our child. Additionally, we feel that the staff has not taken sufficient steps in dealing with inappropriate behavior by certain students. Despite the fact that this has been a problem since August, the staff does not seem to believe any action should be taken regarding the behavior. Overall, we are very unhappy with Secrest and are considering taking our child out before the school year ends. I WOULD NOT recommend this school to other parents, particularly if their children are very bright. Their children will not receive instruction at an appropriate level. The staff also seems very unwilling to differentiate instruction for advanced students.

Posted October 04, 2009
Secrest has the best teachers, principal and staff. They have helped my son blossom as a student, a musician and an artist. I love Secrest.

Secrest Elementary School 5

Posted September 16, 2009
Every single teacher and staff member at this school is terrific.. They are very warm and genuinely care about the students and family.

Posted August 04, 2009
Dont judge this school by the state's overall grade - above all the teachers here care about the children. My child is going in 3rd grade and you couldnt ask for a better school

Secrest Elementary School 5

Posted March 27, 2009
My kids have no problem learning here. We love this school and the teachers are great! Maybe it is just your student that is not learning!

Posted February 12, 2009
I have got to say with the schools report card this is untrue. The teachers the staff even the gym teacher they are all genuine and really care about one child individually. I cant thank you enough for being part of my childs life.

Secrest Elementary School 1

Posted January 19, 2009
This is not a good school. Students are not learning! Too many students in the classroom with only 1 teacher.

Posted May 29, 2008
Secrest is a great neighborhood school. Principle Chiles has really done a lot for this school and the teachers are great! Great community feel.

Secrest Elementary School 4

Posted April 16, 2008

Secrest Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2007
I credit Ms. Snow Kindegarten class and Ms. Yang 1st grade. They go over and beyond what it takes to make a great student. Ms. Carmosino is heaven with all her activities and ideas that she shares with the whole 1st Grade. If you choose to enroll your child into Secrest you are doing them a favor. We love it here.

Secrest Elementary School
6875 West 64th Ave, Arvada, CO  80003
Last modified Secrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Secrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top