Posted August 21, 2013
This school is AWESOME! The teachers are great, the office staff are great and the overall school itself it GREAT! Both of my boys have gone here since Kindergarten.

Posted December 11, 2012
My son is attending Kindergarten here in the full day program. I can not say enough good things about his teacher. She is excellent!! My son is already reading and it's only half way through the school year. I am so impressed with the staff and teachers here. I am so happy this is my homeschool. The parent involvement here is exceptional. I can not wait for my younger son to start here.

Posted December 10, 2012
We have lived in a home a few blocks from Sierra Elementary for over 25 years. We have watched "three generations" of kids and are on our fourth attending Sierra. We have known the children, attended their functions with their families, and can say nothing but good about this school and the impact it has had on the children, their families, and our neighborhood as a whole. What a pleasure to walk past the school and see the whole area covered with cars when there is a PTA meeting or open house or student activity going on! What a joy to walk past when the children are outside at recess and hear the high-pitched squeals of the children laughing and playing with one another. The values taught by the teachers, the support given to all by the principal, and the family involvement are exceptional at Sierra. We sometimes feel "guilty" that we do not have a child who attends Sierra - seems as if we ought to make our home available to someone who does. This school is one of the biggest "selling points" of our entire neighborhood and one of the best assurances that our children will grow up to be well-educated, "solid" citizens.

Posted January 10, 2012
Great school . The kids there are really nice. I was new when i started there, and i was immediatly accepted by pretty much everyone.

Posted July 22, 2011
This school has great teachers, a great principle, close to 500 PTA members. If that stat itself doesn't speak volumes then I don't know what does. We have a new principle who came in August 2010 and is pretty receptive to any complaints. Yes, as there is everywhere, there can be bullying, however with our new principle there is NO tolerance for bullying and if you speak to him immediately he will address the issue with all involved and will not be close any complaints until the bullying is solved.

Posted May 16, 2011
We choiced into Sierra for three years until we bought a house in the Sierra articulation area. As a school administrator I knew how to evaluate schools. I was looking for a school where there was very little teacher turnover, a happy, positive environment and an ACTIVE PTA. I knew I would be extrremely involved at my kids' school and I didn't want to be the only one leading up the band. Sierra has almost 500 PTA members, higher than any other school in the area. The overall feeling at the school is happy and friendly and I want that environment for my kids. Sierra offers a down to earth feeling, there is very little, "Keeping up with the Jones'" like at other area schools my friends go to, and I value that for my children. And the teachers.... they are amazing, there is almost no turnover because they love the Sierra community and don't want to leave. A great Principal is icing on the cake, and we got a new one in August 2011, he is the best. A+++ School!

Posted December 04, 2010
Sierra, Oberon and Ralston Valley are an incredible trio of schools! Our children have been enrolled in these 3 for years and we are amazed at the foundation for life they have fostered in our children. Due to staffing policy changes affecting the number of open enrollment these schools can now take, we know of five families that have moved into the school boundaries. Why? The teachers, principals and community are dedicated to the growth of the whole child regardless of academic needs both high and low. Sierra teachers have come to soccer games and band concerts for our children, worked before and after school with struggling kids, etc... The 6th grade team is well known for bridging students successfully from the comfort of the elementary world to the grown up life of middle school by instilling in them the confidence and skills to know that they can do it. One child of ours was quite a struggling student and not only went up in all areas on his 6th grade CSAPs but actually jumped from Partially Prof to Adv in math! Graduates in our neighborhood attend prestigious universities. It isn t a surprise that most of the teachers/staff also bring their own children to these schools.

Sierra Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2010
I thought this school was going to be a great school after reading all the reviews, but boy was I wrong. One of my children have been bullied and physically assulted by aother student and when I addressed the situation to the teacher , my child was told ( stick up for yourself, you know that this other student acts like this) we than addressed the problem to the principal and were told well if you have a problem with it talk to my boss than, I have already spoke to the teacher. This is one of the most unprofessional principals I have come across. My child also neede help in a subject and I was told well I guess he will have to get help with it next year at the middle school. How lazy and unprofessional of the teacher not to offer tutoring help. I am transfering my children.

Sierra Elementary School 0

Posted March 09, 2010
I fell in love with this school beacause of the great principals, teachers, students and parents. My children love going to school and Sierra has such has an amazing community feel where parents and teachers worked together to support one another and do what's best for the school and the kids. We feel very proud and blessed that we have such a wonderful school in our neighbourhood!

Sierra Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Sierra has wonderful teachers and students and is a great school!

Sierra Elementary School
7751 Oak St, Arvada, CO  80005
Last modified Sierra Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top