Bad
Good

I have two children attending Stott and they have loved their teachers. The teachers seem to do well at teaching the curriculum in a way that my kids understand it and are able to apply it. We love the principal, she is very warm and approachable. It is not as big as other schools which I really like because the class sizes are good. I can't say enough good things about Stott!

I have 3 kids who attend Stott. We have been there for the past 6 years and love the school. Every teacher we have had so far has been great. The staff at the school actually seem to care very much about the students. The class sizes are small, since it is a smaller school and is not one of the top rated schools by test score, which results in a lot more personal attention for my kids instead of an overcrowded classroom.

Both of my students have attended Stott since Kindergarten. The school has been improving every year. We were unsure about Stott when we started but the principal who started a couple years ago is excellent and we have had good teachers. The school has more enthusiasm and expectations for learning than we saw in years past as well. The school feels like a true neighborhood school which encourages parental involvement with many volunteering opportunities. Finally, test scores are way up last year and I would expect that to continue to rise under the new leadership.

Stott has an exceptional culture and truly exceptional teachers and staff. Stott's test scores do not reflect the learning that takes place daily. The teachers are skilled at differentiating for individual students no matter the academic need. The school is building a 1:1 iPad program that will help meet student academic needs and continue with Stott's commitment to integrating technology into the school day. I highly recommend Stott as an excellent place for your child to learn and grow.

Stott has been making huge strides in the last year. My daughter is learning and having fun. The new principal has the knowledge to make improvements and achieve higher goals. Stott seems to be a much more focus school that it was three years ago. I am looking forward to the remaining 4 years my child will be going here.

Last year when we did our school homework, we ended up trying to open-enroll into a number of other "high-rated" schools in the area (what a waste of time, energy and unrealized dreams that was!), without paying attention to our "home" school, Stott Elementary. Well, we were pleasantly surprised to find out they have one of the best Kindergarten teachers! We love our full day Kindergarten teacher and the teacher aid, they truly go above and beyond to give our kids the best education and experience. We appreciate open communication about our child's progress in both academics and behavior. The staff is also very helpful and super friendly. True, the facility itself is a bit older, but very well maintained and safe. And the learning environment the principal, teachers and staff have created there gets our vote: we would highly recommend this school to anyone who's hesitant - just visit and see the difference!

My child has attended Stott for the past 3 years and is currently completing the 2nd grade. The new principal and staff of teachers and faculty are amazing. From Kindergarten forward, my child has been challenged and has excelled with the guidance of her outstanding teachers. My child attended the 2009-2010 Kindergarten class and there is a lot of misinformation in the previous reviews. Her grade did have 54 students, but there was one full time teacher, one half-day teacher, and three teacher aids beginning from the FIRST week of school. Her grade is the largest grade moving through Stott and the staff has always been adjusted to guarantee that the class sizes are appropriate and similar to the class sizes in surrounding schools in Arvada. In fact, most class sizes at Stott are either at the typical size or a smaller size than surrounding neighborhood schools. The Kindergarten curriculum was challenging and appropriate for ensuring that students were ready to move on to the next grade. Her first grade teacher was amazing and gave her the confidence and knowledge necessary to become an excellent student for the rest of her education.

We have had a great experience at Stott! The new principal is amazing! She is very involved, super approachable and just a wonderful addition to our school. I have met some fantastic parents who are involved in making our school a great place to be. My children are thriving educationally and are enjoying their learning environment.

My child attended kindergarten at Stott for the 2011-2012 school year. I disagree with the previous reviews. Stott has a two kindergarten teachers and two classroom aides. Class size was 24 students in each class. The teachers did an amazing job of helping my student learn to read and write in addition to learning how to 'do school'. My child loved kindergarten and still loves school now. The teachers kept me well informed of my child's progress throughout the year. The class has many opportunities for children to work at their level, allowing for advanced learners to be challenged as well as students getting extra help. I love the use of technology and the computer programs available at school as well as home use. I think the kindergarten program gave my child an excellent foundation. All of the staff at Stott are friendly and helpful. Stott also has a fabulous new principal this year. I would recommend Stott as a school home!

My child attended the Kindergarten class for the 2009-2010 year. First I will say we moved him from all day to half day because he wasn't getting anymore from being there all day and now have moved him to another school for 1st grade! I agree completely with the last review of the Kindergarten class. At start there were 54 students, 1 teacher, 1 student teacher, and 3 aids. Later in the year the Student teacher became the teacher over the half day students and they lost an aid. I think the biggest problems Stott has are 1. The class size is to big 2. There is very little parent involvement 3. There is very little Principal involvement. Do your homework on the schools you are thinking of putting your children at, don't make the same mistake I did.

Last modified Stott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.