Bad
Good

Swanson Elementary has a great learning environment. My child has grown so much since attending Swanson. They focus on the "whole child" teaching compassion, respect, empathy and perseverance. They also teach with project based learning, one to one iPads, and a digital library. Swanson also offers a number of extracurricular groups such as Fuel up 60, choir and Harry Potter club. All and all we are very happy with our experience at Swanson.

The staff truly cares about each student. They have high expectations for each student while meeting the needs of their diverse population.

Swanson elementary school is great for my children. I almost know every teacher and I can say they are committed to providing the students with the tools and information they need to be the best they can! When I walk into the school there is a welcoming atmosphere and the teachers and staff alike make it a point to know who my child is and also who I am. I'm not just another person. My children are taught fundamentals like compassion and respect. I'm glad my children are part of the Swanson family. One last bit of info, they also have FREE FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN with excellent kindergarten teachers!!! Can't say enough good about the school.

I do not see how this school is rated so low. All of the staff members are amazing my child went to another school before this one and she has learned more at this school in 3 weeks then she did in 2 months at her old school.

I love that Swanson Elementary practices Love and Logic. We parent the Love and Logic way as well. We love all of the programs that our school offers to help parents help our kids succeed.

The teachers and staff here are so wonderful, including my sons 2nd grade teacher mrs.chase she is always there for my son and her students considering my son can be a handful at times. Nicole

The staff strives to make each child's experience positive and educational. We have a high Hispanic population which brings down the test scores. Families have left Swanson to try out other schools but most come back to our caring environment where they can get good results.

The staff at this school is amazing and works very hard to accomodate all of the special needs of their students and the principal works very hard to improve the academics and uses data to drive instruction. The school could use some sort of after school support as many of my child's peers do not have parents that can support them in getting their homework done from working late hours but the teachers do seem to care alot about their students.

I would like to say i love this school. I have two kids attending and next year all three of my children will be attending. The biggest thing i think the school needs to work on is the hug and go zone in the morning its just a big mess and then the kids get tardys because some of the parents dont know how to hug and go... the afternoon runs smoothly though..Also i would like to say i like that they have 6th grade at this school because alot of fifth graders aren't ready to go to middle school..

Last modified Swanson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.