Vanderhoof Elementary School 2

Posted June 18, 2014
The leadership at this school is horrible. I've recently removed my kids from this school, it's a shame because they have many friends that attend. The communications is awful, my child never knew what was expected, I didn't know how to help because the teacher didn't communicate, EVER. My issues were raised to the principal more than once and were never addressed. I tried to volunteer and was told "no, I don't need your help". It's a shame....

Posted April 02, 2014
My school has been great for my three kids. The programs adapt to level and the teachers are amazing. I would like to see more advanced programs they have been very good for my kids.

Posted August 02, 2013
My school is excellent . The teachers are fantastic, and the principal is exceptional. All of the teachers try their hardest to help there students achieve their personal goals. The students are all at grade leval or above. Everyone at this school is so kind. This school wants their students to feel so special that they do S.T.A.R.S awards. The teachers will hand out stars awards every Friday. The principal will give the students their stars awards. These are all reasons why my school should win the money.

Posted May 28, 2013
I love this school! Great learning environment and friendly teachers. I would like to see the outdoor equipment updated.

Vanderhoof Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2013
My son has been in Vanderhoof elementary for 3 years. When he was in Kindergarten he had a good teacher, who really care about children, but the school let her go. In first grade my son had a two teachers who were supposed to change every couple of days, they did not do there job. In October one of the teachers left for personal needs, and school hired a substitute, so my son had every other day a different teacher. They could not hire a long term sub, so the children's education went from worse to worse , and why in a first place with two teachers they need a substitute. In second grade my son's teacher is Mrs. Martin, who is a horrible teacher, at the start of the year my son had a reading score of 118 words per minute by the end of the year it's 95 whats wrong, why instead of improving are the kids going backwards, I have to always remind the teacher, remind her to give my son homework, and when my son starts doing his homework he has no idea what he needs to do, when I'll ask him did you learn that at school his answer is "NO". The communication is horrible we never now whats going on at school, all our complaints to the principal are ignored she doesn't seem to care.

Vanderhoof Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2012
I agree with the previous post the current leadership is terrible. I currently have two students at this school and am looking at moving both to a different school. I have heard good things about Vanderhoof prior to my kids attending but have been very disappointed along with many other parents and neighbors. Some teachers are not good at communicating homework assignments to the kids and when they get home are confused on what is expected of them. At first I thought it was my kid but after talking with other parents it's the teacher, the current principal doesn't seem to care.

Vanderhoof Elementary School 2

Posted June 27, 2008
While this school may meet the needs of some children, it does not meet the needs of children on the high end of the spectrum. A lack of leadership for the past 4 years is starting to take its toll on the school. Your child's success is very dependent upon the teachers they get and there is not a lot of communication between teachers across a grade level. Also, there is not a lot of faculty involvement in extracurricular activities (except in Art and Student Council). Many of the teachers are burnt out and are not passionate about teaching. Of course, this does not apply to ALL the teachers. Overall, my experience has not been a good one, and I would not recommend this school for high achieving children.

Posted September 10, 2007
Best elementary school in the area! great teachers and great students! overall amazing school!

Posted July 06, 2007
High level of parent involvement, however the school is not overly creative in creating or encouraging enrichment activities. Although there have been some very good principles, there has also been a lot of turnover in the principle's office.

Posted August 24, 2005
The parent involvement could be more. They had several good programs available.

Vanderhoof Elementary School
5875 Routt Court, Arvada, CO  80004
Last modified Vanderhoof Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vanderhoof Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.