Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Vanderhoof Elementary School
Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 29, 2016
See my story please. If you insist, I have other stories that support my feelings.

Vanderhoof Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2016
After communicating with the school at the beginning of the year regarding my child, who has had a traumatic experience with a predator, I was patronized while the teacher compared my child with other cases "she had to deal with, with some of her previous students". I had told her to be on the lookout for possible traumatic behavior issues. I was assured that they had an onsite counselor that was very good. After meeting with him privately in January after some of those issues came up, he assured us that he would meet with her and was surprised that she had not " been on his radar " yet. To date, he has not made time to meet with my daughter, even though the teacher, myself and her actual therapist thought she would benefit from it. Later, I thought things were better and was blindsided at a parent teacher conference. I have other children, that go to other Jeffco schools. The schools have been supportive, the teachers CARE, they are INVOLVED, and the experience....night and day. Shame on you Vanderhoof!!!! I have already moved my child to another school due to your outrageous behavior!

Posted February 08, 2016
This is our 4th year at Vanderhoof, and we could not be happier! The teachers are great, the principal (Mr Martin) is fantastic, and a lot of parents are very active and involved with the school, which we love! The school and PTA offer a lot of extracurricular activities that are great for students with a variety of interests (art, science, reading/writing, student council, running, etc). The teachers are enthusiastic and responsive... I just can't say enough about how much we love this school!

Posted November 17, 2015
This school has been exceptional. In the 8 years I have been involved with the school, we have had great teachers, and parent involvement. Staff and leadership have been supportive and partnered with us to work through and resolve any issues that our children have faced. Since Mr. Martin has taken over the principal role, he has put a strong focus on reducing class sizes, and he is really listening to staff and parents to make positive changes for the school. Mr. Martin has also drastically improved communications. He and his staff have implemented several different methods to ensure parents are informed of upcoming events. I cannot say enough about the great teachers, parents, and leadership at Vanderhoof Elementary. GREAT SCHOOL!!!

Posted March 11, 2015
I am so happy I chose to choice my daughter into Vanderhoof. The new principal, Mr. Martin, is fantastic. The staff is wonderful and welcoming. The parents/grandparents are very caring and involved. My daughter and I couldn't be happier with our pick.

Vanderhoof Elementary School 2

Posted June 18, 2014
The leadership at this school is horrible. I've recently removed my kids from this school, it's a shame because they have many friends that attend. The communications is awful, my child never knew what was expected, I didn't know how to help because the teacher didn't communicate, EVER. My issues were raised to the principal more than once and were never addressed. I tried to volunteer and was told "no, I don't need your help". It's a shame....

Vanderhoof Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
My school has been great for my three kids. The programs adapt to level and the teachers are amazing. I would like to see more advanced programs they have been very good for my kids.

Posted August 02, 2013
My school is excellent . The teachers are fantastic, and the principal is exceptional. All of the teachers try their hardest to help there students achieve their personal goals. The students are all at grade leval or above. Everyone at this school is so kind. This school wants their students to feel so special that they do S.T.A.R.S awards. The teachers will hand out stars awards every Friday. The principal will give the students their stars awards. These are all reasons why my school should win the money.

Posted May 28, 2013
I love this school! Great learning environment and friendly teachers. I would like to see the outdoor equipment updated.

Vanderhoof Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2013
My son has been in Vanderhoof elementary for 3 years. When he was in Kindergarten he had a good teacher, who really care about children, but the school let her go. In first grade my son had a two teachers who were supposed to change every couple of days, they did not do there job. In October one of the teachers left for personal needs, and school hired a substitute, so my son had every other day a different teacher. They could not hire a long term sub, so the children's education went from worse to worse , and why in a first place with two teachers they need a substitute. In second grade my son's teacher is Mrs. Martin, who is a horrible teacher, at the start of the year my son had a reading score of 118 words per minute by the end of the year it's 95 whats wrong, why instead of improving are the kids going backwards, I have to always remind the teacher, remind her to give my son homework, and when my son starts doing his homework he has no idea what he needs to do, when I'll ask him did you learn that at school his answer is "NO". The communication is horrible we never now whats going on at school, all our complaints to the principal are ignored she doesn't seem to care.

Vanderhoof Elementary School
5875 Routt Court, Arvada, CO  80004
Last modified Vanderhoof Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.